The Student Room Group

Teaching Abroad

I am really interested in teaching abroad- been looking at Dubai. Is there anyone that is going to dubai in August 2024 or already out there ? I feel like I need first hand advice!
Reply 1
I didn't teach in Dubai, but in china for 3 years. So if you have any generic teach abroad questions, let me know
Reply 2
Original post by FeiFeiLi
I didn't teach in Dubai, but in china for 3 years. So if you have any generic teach abroad questions, let me know

That would be fab!! Im just terrified to travel and live alone 😊
Reply 3
Original post by Besford13

That would be fab!! Im just terrified to travel and live alone 😊

I can understand that completely, it was a big leap for me. And I was nervous. But, it's the best decision I ever made.
Reply 4
Original post by FeiFeiLi
I can understand that completely, it was a big leap for me. And I was nervous. But, it's the best decision I ever made.

How does the accommodation work? Is there somewhere you go straight away after flights ?
Reply 5
Original post by Besford13

How does the accommodation work? Is there somewhere you go straight away after flights ?

That really depends who your company/ employer is.

I'm my case my employer paid for a hotel for the first 2 weeks of my time in country to give me time to find my own place to rent. They also helped me with providing a translator within the company to help me translate / go to viewings with me when looking for apartment.

Every job and the support provided will be different, so these are good questions to ask when in interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending