The Student Room Group

Will colleges reject you because of predicted grades?

I want to do physics A-Level but my predicted grades for combined science are like 43 or 44 (mostly due to me working at about a U in chemistry) and the college websites say you need like grade 6 or 7. Will they reject me if I apply, or will they just tell me I need to get my grades up if I want to study physics?
Original post by via16
I want to do physics A-Level but my predicted grades for combined science are like 43 or 44 (mostly due to me working at about a U in chemistry) and the college websites say you need like grade 6 or 7. Will they reject me if I apply, or will they just tell me I need to get my grades up if I want to study physics?

They can't make a conditional offer to every applicant and just say, "If you get the required grades, you're in." That runs the risk that they all get the required grades and the college is forced to accept too many new students. So they're only likely to make as many offers as they have places (or certain percentage more than that, factoring-in that some will not take-up the offer or will not meet the grade requirements).

So, if a college is over-subscribed and they have to turn down some applicants, it's likely to be those unlikely to meet the grade requirements - i.e. with low predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending