The Student Room Group

Book list/ TBR (OFFICAL CHAT IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by gjd800
I should probably make an effort to get into more modern stuff. I'm always reading for work but it's all academic stuff so can be quite dry. Outside of that I'm 2 years into a Russian literature stage, so lots of Tolstoy and Dostoevsky.

I wish I could speak russian, no joke, one of my favourite languages. I also want to get more into old literature because ive read a couple with school and at home but overall not that many.
Reply 22
Just want to add, we now have a proper few places where we can discuss what we love, reading wise.

@emm4nuella 's thread where is it an official tsr reading book club. link here : Official TSR Book Club 2024 - The Student Room

@emm4nuella 's thread of book of the month where you say what book you want to read that month, you read it and then discuss it the following month. link here: Vote for January's Book of the Month: TSR Book Club! - The Student Room

a book spread sheet that you fill out when you have read a book and you leave a review. link here: TSR Book Club 2024 - Google Sheets

@heartz4moushi 's book diary thread where you can review a book you have read and just find general book ideas to read. Link here: book diary - The Student Room

Of course there is more, so if you really love another thread, be sure to add it in so I can check it out. Obviously feel free to carry on here because I will always reply and add in any suggestions as I go along. Imma tag all the users that are interested in this or will benefit from it. Thanks lovies <3

@emm4nuella @study23! @heartz4moushi @ebyrne2036 @marz11 @máni @squemily16 @amber.07 @doesgraymatter
Original post by Tatakae L
Just want to add, we now have a proper few places where we can discuss what we love, reading wise.

@emm4nuella 's thread where is it an official tsr reading book club. link here : Official TSR Book Club 2024 - The Student Room

@emm4nuella 's thread of book of the month where you say what book you want to read that month, you read it and then discuss it the following month. link here: Vote for January's Book of the Month: TSR Book Club! - The Student Room

a book spread sheet that you fill out when you have read a book and you leave a review. link here: TSR Book Club 2024 - Google Sheets

@heartz4moushi 's book diary thread where you can review a book you have read and just find general book ideas to read. Link here: book diary - The Student Room

Of course there is more, so if you really love another thread, be sure to add it in so I can check it out. Obviously feel free to carry on here because I will always reply and add in any suggestions as I go along. Imma tag all the users that are interested in this or will benefit from it. Thanks lovies <3

@emm4nuella @study23! @heartz4moushi @ebyrne2036 @marz11 @máni @squemily16 @amber.07 @doesgraymatter

❤️ can't give you rep atm but thanks a lot :biggrin:!
Reply 24
Original post by emm4nuella
❤️ can't give you rep atm but thanks a lot :biggrin:!

nw's darlin. you litteraly deserve it cause I needed a proper community on here, it was broken and split apart and you litteraly glued it togeather with the offical book club

Thank you so much for the support!!😘
Reply 26
Original post by heartz4moushi
Thank you so much for the support!!😘

no worries, I love your thread and your reveiws on the books that you read so its definatly one I would recomend to others too
no worries, I love your thread and your reveiws on the books that you read so its definatly one I would recomend to others too

Thank you so so much💗
I came back on this thread to answer some of your questions from the original post!!

Book I've recently read: The Song of Achilles, Madeline Miller
A book I'm currently reading: -
Book(s) that stuck by me (thought I'd add this) : The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath. A Thousand Splendid Suns + The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky. Letter to His Father + Metamorphosis Franz Kafka
My favorite book series (this too): AGGGTM trilogy, Holly Jackson/ The Folk of the Air series, Holly Black
My favorite solo book(and this😭): A Little Life, Hanya Yanagihara (also another book that stuck by me)
A book everyone should read at least once in their life: The Stranger, Albert Camus
Original post by ther0sesaredead
hi! i’m currently reading the secret history by donna tartt and crime and punishment by fyodor dostoevsky! before that i read solitaire by alice oseman. a book i think everyone should read is dead poets society by nh kleinbaum

i've read the brothers karamazov and white nights by Dostoyevsky and his writing was just fantastic in both. crime and punishment has been on my tbr for so long.
Reply 30
i've read the brothers karamazov and white nights by Dostoyevsky and his writing was just fantastic in both. crime and punishment has been on my tbr for so long.

I cant remember if I read some of crime and punishment. I feel like I did but if not its one of those that is rotting on my tbr at this point
I cant remember if I read some of crime and punishment. I feel like I did but if not its one of those that is rotting on my tbr at this point

That’s me with like soo many other books😭
Reply 32
That’s me with like soo many other books😭

I know cause I never kept proper not of what I used to read till last year so if ive read anything before that I've forgotten it now. like I'll remember if im rereading but the title will be familiar to me but i wont know if its cause ive read it or just seen it somewhere
I know cause I never kept proper not of what I used to read till last year so if ive read anything before that I've forgotten it now. like I'll remember if im rereading but the title will be familiar to me but i wont know if its cause ive read it or just seen it somewhere

omg thats a problem with me too?? i only have records of the books i have physical copies of and the rest i've read before september 2023?? i honestly have no clue what they are😭
Reply 34
omg thats a problem with me too?? i only have records of the books i have physical copies of and the rest i've read before september 2023?? i honestly have no clue what they are😭

Yesss, like why only last year did i think to note down the book I read, because my only evidence of reading books now is the physiccal copies and the ones I downloaded have just disapeard from my memory cause i used to delete the file for storage.
Yesss, like why only last year did i think to note down the book I read, because my only evidence of reading books now is the physiccal copies and the ones I downloaded have just disapeard from my memory cause i used to delete the file for storage.

omg i've illegally downloaded more books than i've bought physical copies i think🤣💀
Reply 36
omg i've illegally downloaded more books than i've bought physical copies i think🤣💀

i know ive illegally downloaded more than ive bought, but honestly is it my fault if therye there on the internet for me, or is it the polices for not doing their jobs 🤷
i know ive illegally downloaded more than ive bought, but honestly is it my fault if therye there on the internet for me, or is it the polices for not doing their jobs 🤷

honestttt, bc like you're telling me instead of paying avg £10 per book, i can get them for free and read it from the comfort of my phone?? dream.
Reply 38
honestttt, bc like you're telling me instead of paying avg £10 per book, i can get them for free and read it from the comfort of my phone?? dream.

yessss, and if i realllyyy like the book then you can have the privalige of sitting on my book shelf when my parents or me arnt broke enoguh so i can buy you
Omg literally me too!!😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending