The Student Room Group

Litigation Caseworker Home Office 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rbi211
I was prepared for the behaviour questions but there was a strength question regarding how I would explain a complex rule to a customer and I just felt like I was waffling and repeating myself. Another strength one I can remember was whether my friends and family would describe me as someone who makes effective use of my time or something like that. Ah well, it's done now. I suspect to hear back by early May judging by my previous Home Office interview process in which I was I was unsuccessful. Best of luck!
I was the complete opposite, I was prepared for the strength based questions but not so much for the behaviour ones. I used the STAR format for the first behaviour question but not so much for the second question - kind of rambled / spoke with no direction kind of how I would in day to day life speaking to a friend. Please be honest if anyone has any information - do you think this will be an automatic fail / low mark as I did not have any direction for the last question. Is the STAR format an absolute essential for the behaviour marking criteria?
Original post by swaGbatty3000
I was the complete opposite, I was prepared for the strength based questions but not so much for the behaviour ones. I used the STAR format for the first behaviour question but not so much for the second question - kind of rambled / spoke with no direction kind of how I would in day to day life speaking to a friend. Please be honest if anyone has any information - do you think this will be an automatic fail / low mark as I did not have any direction for the last question. Is the STAR format an absolute essential for the behaviour marking criteria?

I don't think there is such a thing as automatic fail. If you adequately demonstrated the behavior they were asking about (explained how and what you did in the past in similar situation) they will mark your answer even if you did not follow the STAR method.
Original post by ProBono*
I don't think there is such a thing as automatic fail. If you adequately demonstrated the behavior they were asking about (explained how and what you did in the past in similar situation) they will mark your answer even if you did not follow the STAR method.

Thank you for confirming 😊
Anyone else got this?

Thank you for your continued interest and patience for this role. There have been a large number of interviews submitted and these are continuing to be assessed.

The link for the interview has been sent out 4 weeks ago.
Anyone else got this?
Thank you for your continued interest and patience for this role. There have been a large number of interviews submitted and these are continuing to be assessed.
The link for the interview has been sent out 4 weeks ago.

Yes I received the same message, I think we will hear back in May!
I got that email too. Here’s to another month of waiting..
Thank you guys. Let's then wait for the good news! 😆🤞
Reply 27
I applied last September and was offered a start date in early May.

As I have a holiday booked in May and there is no training scheduled in June, my new start date is July.

So I would pace your expectations that you may not start a role up to 8- 10 months after you applied. Perhaps your experience will be speedier.
Original post by Compyjo
I applied last September and was offered a start date in early May.
As I have a holiday booked in May and there is no training scheduled in June, my new start date is July.
So I would pace your expectations that you may not start a role up to 8- 10 months after you applied. Perhaps your experience will be speedier.

Congratulation! Can you please share your timeline? Ad closing date, when did you submit your application, when did you do the interview, then provisional offer, length of PEC, contact for a start date, etc. It would be helpful. Thanks.

As it is the Home Office, I expected a September/October start date anyway. 😆 My current job within the HO has started a year after application. 🥴
Reply 29
Congratulation! Can you please share your timeline? Ad closing date, when did you submit your application, when did you do the interview, then provisional offer, length of PEC, contact for a start date, etc. It would be helpful. Thanks.
As it is the Home Office, I expected a September/October start date anyway. 😆 My current job within the HO has started a year after application. 🥴

Timeline:

Application submitted : 11/09/2023
Invited for interview : 03/11/2023
Attended interview : 17/11/2023
Provisional job offer : 03/01/2024
Pre-employment checks complete : 17/03/2024
Start date provided for 01 May : 19/03/2024
Expect to start now on 01 July due to booked holiday.

I was advised that the security clearance processing times would be approximately 40 calendar days from receipt of my details but only took a couple of weeks.
Original post by Compyjo
Timeline:
Application submitted : 11/09/2023
Invited for interview : 03/11/2023
Attended interview : 17/11/2023
Provisional job offer : 03/01/2024
Pre-employment checks complete : 17/03/2024
Start date provided for 01 May : 19/03/2024
Expect to start now on 01 July due to booked holiday.
I was advised that the security clearance processing times would be approximately 40 calendar days from receipt of my details but only took a couple of weeks.

Very much appreciated! They look a bit faster now as it was just 4 weeks between submitting the application and getting the invite for the interview. 😂🥴
Good luck with your training in July. 👍
Has anyone heard anything yet? I am still waiting for a feedback on the pre-recorded interview.

Had the launch pad interview on 3rd March 2024

Had the generic hold email on 27th March 2024

I don't know if following up would make one seem desperate
Original post by Chidiebere27
Has anyone heard anything yet? I am still waiting for a feedback on the pre-recorded interview.

Same here😃

Nothing so far. I think we will get another generic email on 24 April. They want to reduce the headcounts in every department, so I guess they don't even know how many position they can fill.
Nothing so far. I think we will get another generic email on 24 April. They want to reduce the headcounts in every department, so I guess they don't even know how many position they can fill.

The Job ad said recruiting for 50 slots. Is it that the 50 new recruits do not get to be given offers. Let's say 10 offers and 40 reserves type of situation?
The Job ad said recruiting for 50 slots. Is it that the 50 new recruits do not get to be given offers. Let's say 10 offers and 40 reserves type of situation?

HO had the same recruitment campaign for the same position in April 2023 and September 2023 too. When I got into the CS (HO) they were asking our opinion about the recruitment process and I was told that they lose 30% of the successful applicants due to the length of the process. If you read back on the thread you will see that some people, who was successful in 2023 September are still have not started yet. (Only god knows how many PECs are ongoing.)
Other than these, they want to reduce the headcount within the CS, so that is why I said that probably they have no idea how many positions are available.
HO had the same recruitment campaign for the same position in April 2023 and September 2023 too. When I got into the CS (HO) they were asking our opinion about the recruitment process and I was told that they lose 30% of the successful applicants due to the length of the process. If you read back on the thread you will see that some people, who was successful in 2023 September are still have not started yet. (Only god knows how many PECs are ongoing.)
Other than these, they want to reduce the headcount within the CS, so that is why I said that probably they have no idea how many positions are available.

Thank you for that. In order news, I got a provisional offer this afternoon from HO. I have accepted it and will complete pre screening documentation ASAP.
Thank you for that. In order news, I got a provisional offer this afternoon from HO. I have accepted it and will complete pre screening documentation ASAP.

Congratulations! I have not heard anything yet. I guess it means I was unsuccessful.
Reply 38

Congrats! I’ve been put on the reserve list and scored an overall grade of 15. Hoping to hear from them soon about another role maybe.
I received my provisional offer this afternoon. Overall score was 24. This is the second CS job I applied for as an outsider, so I'm really pleased. 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending