The Student Room Group

TSR BookChat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
Are the stories about animals similar to the fairy-tale with the hedgehog and the rabbit? if you don't know it, it is a German one.
The Buxtehude race story about the hare, the hedgehog and his wife Mrs Hedgehog?
I know that one.

My animal stories are mostly fantasy stories about animals who fly to the moon or travel to mythical places like Atlantis, Erum, Lemuria and Lyonesse.
One story about an evil royal warlord bird.
Original post by Tatakae L
omds stop, nooo this is too much. i think mine is brown, if i can find a pic of it online Screenshot 2024-03-02 120106.png its this one but I think it is more brownly irl, but its think as hell and there is so much text but I love it.
I CAN'T FIND IT IN THE GARAGE... I'll check again later BUT OMDS LOOKS SO FAMILIAR😭😭😭
Original post by halfharry
I CAN'T FIND IT IN THE GARAGE... I'll check again later BUT OMDS LOOKS SO FAMILIAR😭😭😭
OMDS I WOULD GET MINE FROM MY BOOKSHELF BUT IM NOT HOME, but i love that book even if it does my head in to try and read it. lolo
Original post by x-wing_pilot
so basically benvolio gives mom friend vibes but mercutio is like the feral short friend lmao
yh, pretty much, benvolio is overall more responsible whereas mercutio is really funny and doesn't always make the best decisions
interesting thread here :woo:
Hey guys whats everyone reading i legit almost got into a slump after reading 3 books in a row that were just eh but now ive just finished reading keedie and it was s good
Original post by ebyrne2036
Hey guys whats everyone reading i legit almost got into a slump after reading 3 books in a row that were just eh but now ive just finished reading keedie and it was s good

Naiss speedrunning there :woo:

Keedie by whom ?

I'm stuck at Wuthering Heights and more specifically im stuck at decoding AAVE(African American vernacular English)
That also made me remind about similar situation when i was reading Huckleberry Finn

Do u understand them straightaway?

I wish there was an online translator regarding this
Original post by inanotherlifeee
Keedie by whom ?
I'm stuck at Wuthering Heights and more specifically im stuck at decoding AAVE(African American vernacular English)
That also made me remind about similar situation when i was reading Huckleberry Finn

Hah yep I was in Reading groove desperate to try and find something that I enjoyed!
Keedie is by Elle mcnicoll she wrote a kind of spark which is amazing
Oh yeah, I was finding it quite difficult when I was reading it as well I wasn’t the biggest fan
interesting thread here :woo:

True. And a good possibility to chat about books. Do you have any favorites you like to read?
Original post by ebyrne2036
Hah yep I was in Reading groove desperate to try and find something that I enjoyed!
Keedie is by Elle mcnicoll she wrote a kind of spark which is amazing
Oh yeah, I was finding it quite difficult when I was reading it as well I wasn’t the biggest fan

That sounds like a vital journey :smile:
oooh I see, thats good :} what's its genre like ?
Yeah- same- but i made a colossal error back before.. i assumed it was AAVE but.. its actually Yorshire accent 🤯
By an chance have ya come across folks who speak in Yorkshire ?
Keedie by whom ?

haha wuthering heights. I’m interested in the plot, but hit a block for some reason and haven’t picked it up since. I think it’s the online/digital feeling, which is odd since I can read generic web novels just fine 😶
Original post by Kallisto
True. And a good possibility to chat about books. Do you have any favorites you like to read?

Agreed :smile:
I usually read once and dont go back to my favourites unless im suggested like by book club here or to accompany someone for discussion.
How is it like with you ? Do you have favourites you'd go back for re-reads ?
Original post by emm4nuella
You like books 📕? I see you 👀!! Get involved with the TSR BookChat - your space to talk about anything book-related!
Meanwhile...
BOOK CLUB 📖 👀: Official TSR Book Club 2024 - The Student Room
TSR READING CHALLENGE ❤️: TSR Reading Challenge 2024 - The Student Room
BOOK DIARY FROM @heartz4moushi 📕: book diary - The Student Room
WHAT ARE YOUR READING GOALS? 🥅: whats everyones 2024 reading goals? - The Student Room
Feel free to introduce yourself belowww ⬇️

hi

not that much of a reader, but looking for some people to chat to about the books i read. I’m currently reading Kafka on the Shore and my favorite book of all-time is Norwegian Wood! The last book i’ve read (to completion 😿)was Osamu Dazai’s No Longer Human.

I like romance, magical realism, and also occasionally read light novels (like oregairu or MT, COTE etc.) of stories where i liked the anime. but usually can read anything and hope to explore to find what else i enjoy. I can’t read sci-fi though
Original post by metalbox
haha wuthering heights. I’m interested in the plot, but hit a block for some reason and haven’t picked it up since. I think it’s the online/digital feeling, which is odd since I can read generic web novels just fine 😶

yeah i can relate there.. some books tend to give a cold shoulder like that 😆 i still havent completed 1st book of Lord of the Rings welp

you have a point, classics plus online feeling is bit more sluggish
when you say generic web novels, could you give an example? just curious ^^
also do u happen to read on kindle or tablet or pc or phone ?
yeah i can relate there.. some books tend to give a cold shoulder like that 😆 i still havent completed 1st book of Lord of the Rings welp

ahh i mean something like a typical korean/japanese web novel like something to do with some random reincarnation or regressor or game type plot 😹. the writing really isn’t the best, but i find myself attracted to these sometimes guilty pleasure ahaha.

most of the time, i read on my phone. i have a kindle which was gifted to me by my uncle, but it hasn’t seen much use unfortunately. i like the tech, but getting books on there is a bit tedious, some difficulties with the region store and also its offerings (quite limited imo, can’t find what I’d actually like to read)

as for a specific example, though i don’t think its generic since its quite unique, is omniscient reader’s viewpoint is the last web novel i read. I read up to… ch 4XX i believe? but then i ended up caving and read all the plot spoilers on the wiki LOL 😆. It started with curiosity on MC’s love interest, but then… ya know started to wander the other pages too and eventually just read a summary of the entire remaining plot and ending
ahh i mean something like a typical korean/japanese web novel like something to do with some random reincarnation or regressor or game type plot 😹. the writing really isn’t the best, but i find myself attracted to these sometimes guilty pleasure ahaha.
most of the time, i read on my phone. i have a kindle which was gifted to me by my uncle, but it hasn’t seen much use unfortunately. i like the tech, but getting books on there is a bit tedious, some difficulties with the region store and also its offerings (quite limited imo, can’t find what I’d actually like to read)

ooh thats cool 😎 those plots are bingeable frr
that reminds me.. have you come across Lord of Mysteries by any chance ?

i see.. thats a pro gift 🤩
ahh technical difficulties i gotchu hmm is it possible to be on web browser on kindle ?
as for a specific example, though i don’t think its generic since its quite unique, is omniscient reader’s viewpoint is the last web novel i read. I read up to… ch 4XX i believe? but then i ended up caving and read all the plot spoilers on the wiki LOL 😆. It started with curiosity on MC’s love interest, but then… ya know started to wander the other pages too and eventually just read a summary of the entire remaining plot and ending

you're right it do be unique, especially in its name too-
that title is famous one, i only heard of it as manhwa .. but theres a novel based on it ? woahh i gotta check it up-

hahaha if i were you i would have caved in to spoilers too 😆
ooh thats cool 😎 those plots are bingeable frr
that reminds me.. have you come across Lord of Mysteries by any chance ?
i see.. thats a pro gift 🤩
ahh technical difficulties i gotchu hmm is it possible to be on web browser on kindle ?

Lord of Mysteries huh… i’ll give it a try later and read what it’s about heh.

not so certain about the kindle web browser… i’m not very familiar with how it operates lol
you're right it do be unique, especially in its name too-
that title is famous one, i only heard of it as manhwa .. but theres a novel based on it ? woahh i gotta check it up-
hahaha if i were you i would have caved in to spoilers too 😆

i read the manhwa first! actually, the manhwa is an adaptation of the novel. the novel has ended already whereas the manhwa is still ongoing… this is typical, i don’t see many manga/manhwa to novel adaptations (i vaguely recall an anime to novel one though, but that also is quite rare).

if you’re not keen on starting the novel (600 something chapters 😿) i’d read the manhwa and pick up the rest of it as a novel if you’re invested in the plot and characters. the comedy really is top-notch if that’s your thing. it’s hilarious. i’ll get back to you on that kindle thing tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending