The Student Room Group

Rejections from VetMed (need advice)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by perry192
Sorry, but I'm not too sure about RVC's policies regarding reapplying to gateway courses because it's a pretty specific scenario, but I'd suggest sending RVC an email and asking them. As for the written test, I think you mean the Situational judgment form. The only tip I can give is to read the RVCS day one competencies. Questions are new every year.

Thanks, I meant interview answering questions as made it to interview:frown:
Reply 21
Original post by oliviaparisx
RVC’s entry requirements for their gateway are quite strict. I don’t think you’ll be able to start a degree and then get onto their gateway. I didn’t meet the requirements because of completing two forms of Level 3 qualification. Email their admissions for confirmation though
I know HKVS will accept transfers from first year students from students on a course at their uni’s (I.e vet nursing, vet bioscience etc) but there are only 5 places reserved for them, so it’s best performance. Otherwise they do foundation year (Access to vet med) then you can transfer, but you aren’t competing for a place, there are 20 places in total (10 for harper and 10 for keele foundation courses)

Thanks for info
Original post by Sb9000
Is it allowed to start Bioscience degree and reapply into BVet/ gateway again?

Generally, yes but you will lose a year of funding and I would still check this with unis first before doing it x
Original post by lilylovescats111
GUYS I GOT INTO SURREY YESTERDAY 🫶 Thankyou all for all the advice on here, I’m really grateful, it’s quite literally a miracle since they gave out the bulk of their offers about 2 months ago.

CONGRATS ON YOUR OFFER! 🥳

I'm so happy to hear it all worked out in the end, and that you can finally relax now; seems like you've had a pretty rough time!

We have some vet med students on our chat to our students page, so if you have course-specific questions, feel free to reach out to them 🙂 It might also help to visit the student life page to read more about what studying here in Guildford is like.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending