The Student Room Group

DWP UC Case Review Officer Plymouth

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexkato
Ok thanks for clarifying! Shame I didn't get a sift score on the statement, curious! To be fair, this is my 5th attempt, and have used the same statment for all applications, and didnt get any score for the statement. Before I only got scores for the interview. And this time I got the score for STJ, not for the previous ones. Anyway, what is i got to the interview stage. And thank you for the positive vibe, I'll definitely be posting here what im asked and outcome. Later
I’d be curious to see your statement. I don’t know if you could provide an edited version if you’re happy to although completely understand if you’d rather not. I’d just love to know what I’m missing. I asked for feedback but they won’t give that unless you did an interview.
Original post by Kateb15
Perseverance is key then. I will try again but I will tweek my statement to make it better. Perhaps they are changing things up but providing scores, make it easier next time round.
Please do I'm sure we would all appreciate that.
I'm going to be ready for the next round.
Totally agree, perseverance is the key. In fact this time around I applied to various locations around England, as I dont mind relocating. Thank you and best wishs for your next attempt!!
Plymouth applicant here! Now just a waiting game for the interview results! Arggh lol! Good luck everyone, hopefully see you in training soon! Lol
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Vicarondo
Plymouth applicant here! Now just a waiting game for the interview results! Arggh lol
Well done for getting to interview stage. Hope you aren't waiting too long for the results.
Plymouth applicant here! Now just a waiting game for the interview results! Arggh lol
I just did my interview for Plymouth this morning and I think it could have gone betterment... But as you said now it's a wait game!
Original post by Kateb15
Well done for getting to interview stage. Hope you aren't waiting too long for the results.
Thank you! Hopefully another round comes up soon ☺️
I just did my interview for Plymouth this morning and I think it could have gone betterment... But as you said now it's a wait game!
Me too! I feel like I fumbled and repeated myself on first question so praying I scrape through with a 4 on that one, the other 2 I found my rhythm a bit more so hopefully get a higher mark on them and hopefully don’t go on the dreaded reserve list never to escape lol
On another note, had any of you applied for the child maintenance service plym positions recently, had my interview 3 weeks ago and not sure if there is a delay due to this UCR campaign but I received this message this morning and last night….

We wanted to let you know that there will be a short delay in releasing the results of your interview while we work to maximise the offers from this campaign. We will be writing to you as soon as possible to advise you of the outcome and appreciate your patience while we work through this.
Reply 28
I think everyone says it could have gone better after an interview but they are usually fine.
How many questions did they ask?
Any more personal type questions? Like interest and why you want the job?
Was literally 3 questions, one about communicating complicated info, given by a great service and going above and beyond and one about making an effective decision when more than 1 option available something like that lol
On another note, had any of you applied for the child maintenance service plym positions recently, had my interview 3 weeks ago and not sure if there is a delay due to this UCR campaign but I received this message this morning and last night….
We wanted to let you know that there will be a short delay in releasing the results of your interview while we work to maximise the offers from this campaign. We will be writing to you as soon as possible to advise you of the outcome and appreciate your patience while we work through this.
I didn’t see the CMS roles advertised. What level were they?
Reply 31
Was literally 3 questions, one about communicating complicated info, given by a great service and going above and beyond and one about making an effective decision when more than 1 option available something like that lol
Thank you, hopefully that will help me next time.
Original post by ThorneyDogRose
I didn’t see the CMS roles advertised. What level were they?
They were AO grade, they were advertised back in Jan
They were AO grade, they were advertised back in Jan
I must keep a better eye on the website!
sure thing I'll send over. in a way its anonymousied so I can share. its not great I catch some mistakes after sending it but here it goes:
"While working as an investment bank trader assistant, I had the chance to put in practice and advance my skills to communicate and influence effectively in order to have my day-to-day job done in an efficient and timely manner. My role was to trade capture, inputting in the various systems accurately, and troubleshooting any issues related to those trades. Clear and concise communication was vital, as often to solve problems, it was required to being in contact with various internal and external stakeholders and coordinate actions between ourselves via digital, telephone, face to face approaches. Influencing was also crucial to complete issues resolution in a timely manner in fast-paced working environment.
The issues ranged from simple prices, quantity, product mismatches to complex technical systems issues. One of the ways I demonstrated effective communication, for example, while investigating washbook breaks (account book where over-the-counter trades are matched with their prospective financial hedges), it was important to contact various counterparts to establish which information was correct, and amend myself or have others to amend their side to match ours. Often times, it required obtaining trade confirmation from traders or compliance team, find out where the mismatch was, and take action accordingly. It was crucial to have clear and concise explanation of the issue in writing, usually over email then followed by a telephone call, and send for amendment authorisation or requesting amendments to match confirmation. And keep track and follow up on those to resolution. As a result, the washbook breaks backlog was cleared and were kept to minimum.
After listening attentively, and understanding each of my contact, I was able to adapt my communication style based on their individual characteristic. Working in a pressured environment, where everyone is busy with their own workload, having your issues raised and resolved quickly required knowing your usual contact and their work style. Some required a direct approach, while others a diplomatic one. An example of it was when I was assigned to do UAT (User Acceptance Testing) on one of the trading platforms upgrades. I was able learn all aspects of the newly developed software from the trade capture end-use prospective, inclusive fast ways to book trades in bulk by preparing the upload file and uploading into the new system and trained the rest of the team on the new platform.
In summary, whether it is understanding client’s needs, or problem solving, my role as a trader assistant has taught me communication and influence effectively go hand in hand and these skills are also about listening, understanding, guiding, and motivating others towards a common goal. In a high-pressured working environment, I was able to learn to keep calm and deal with situations as it happened relaying on training and experience to make effective decisions."
Thanks for this. I think mine may have lacked detail.
Original post by ThorneyDogRose
I must keep a better eye on the website!
🤣 🤣
My status has changed to this this morning…….

Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome.

Apparently this is now when they have started reviewing! So hopefully should get results in next couple weeks
Hi All,
From the people whom passed pre-recorded interview and have got an offer or reserve list (Congats!) may i ask what status changes you had before being informed of reserve list/offer? Correct me if I am wrong, but for what i gathered from reading different posts here, after submitting interview, the status change to expect are:

1st status remains for 2 to 6 week: "Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. Your application will now be reviewed by our team and you will be contacted soon with the outcome."

2nd status & NEGATIVE status change: "Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome." followed by email informing you were unsuccessful

OR

2nd status & POSITIVE status change: "Thank you very much for completing the interview. Your application is being reviewed." followed by email with Reserve/Offer email.

I am asking becuase I cant remember exactly but from my application last year my status changed to the 2nd status & NEGATIVE status change before I got an email and status change saying i was unsuccessful.

Thank you very much in advance!!
Hi All,
From the people whom passed pre-recorded interview and have got an offer or reserve list (Congats!) may i ask what status changes you had before being informed of reserve list/offer? Correct me if I am wrong, but for what i gathered from reading different posts here, after submitting interview, the status change to expect are:
1st status remains for 2 to 6 week: "Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. Your application will now be reviewed by our team and you will be contacted soon with the outcome."
2nd status & NEGATIVE status change: "Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome." followed by email informing you were unsuccessful
OR
2nd status & POSITIVE status change: "Thank you very much for completing the interview. Your application is being reviewed." followed by email with Reserve/Offer email.
I am asking becuase I cant remember exactly but from my application last year my status changed to the 2nd status & NEGATIVE status change before I got an email and status change saying i was unsuccessful.
Thank you very much in advance!!
From what I recall reading I believe the ‘being reviewed one is the 3rd one/succesful and everyone gets the 2nd one but you don’t get the 3rd status if your unsuccessful. (Here’s hoping anyway lol)
From what I recall reading I believe the ‘being reviewed one is the 3rd one/succesful and everyone gets the 2nd one but you don’t get the 3rd status if your unsuccessful. (Here’s hoping anyway lol)

Great, Now i got it, thank you for explaining! I hope you are right, we both have the same status "You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome" for plymouth. Good lucky, lets home we get ‘being reviewed one is the 3rd one/succesful"!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending