The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM offer holders thread Sept 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else got their offer holder event email?
Reply 21
Original post by pjohal42
Anyone else got their offer holder event email?
Yes I did too!
Reply 22
Just got an unconditional offer for Notts via UCAS track but haven’t got an email yet it’s not a mistake is it? should I contact them?
Original post by SaraVidanagamage
Just got an unconditional offer for Notts via UCAS track but haven’t got an email yet it’s not a mistake is it? should I contact them?

No, they sent me an unconditional offer through UCAS and followed it up with a Notts email a day or two later.
Congratulations on your offer!
Reply 24
Original post by Bentanyl
No, they sent me an unconditional offer through UCAS and followed it up with a Notts email a day or two later.
Congratulations on your offer!
Ah thank you! I’m so beyond pleased
Hi guys! So nice to see a thread for GEM at Notts! 😊Congratulations to those who've had positive outcomes. 🎉🧿 May cheekily ask where all did everyone else apply? Which uni are you leaning towards, and why? I am struggling to choose between sgul and Notts. I've found Notts to be very responsive and that's really pushing me towards nottingham even though SGUL I can commute to easily and my whole social life here. Thanks!
@UniofNottsEnq thank you for replying on the thread. Qq, does GEM term start in September like the term dates suggest for uni? I know other universities have separate dates for GEM and they start a whole month before (after Aug Bank hol)...Is notts the same? Thank you 😊
Reply 27
Original post by D0000000692144
@UniofNottsEnq thank you for replying on the thread. Qq, does GEM term start in September like the term dates suggest for uni? I know other universities have separate dates for GEM and they start a whole month before (after Aug Bank hol)...Is notts the same? Thank you 😊

I'd like to know this too

The email i got with my offer said start date was the 2nd september 😁

In the acceptance letter there is a document attached saying the start date is 2nd September I’m waiting until the offer day to confirm
Hey, im thinking of living in the hospital accommodation in 1st year. Was just wondering if anyone else was thinking of doing the same? Also does anyone know if our flat would be just other medics?
Reply 31
Original post by KieranBarney
Hey, im thinking of living in the hospital accommodation in 1st year. Was just wondering if anyone else was thinking of doing the same? Also does anyone know if our flat would be just other medics?

What's the hospital accommodation? How did you find out about it?
Reply 32
Original post by KieranBarney

I just had a look at the accoms on the university website and it looks like there are students from a few other allied healthcare degrees so it’ll probably mostly be grad meds and a few students from other courses living there. The bathrooms are shared tho which isn’t great for me so I’m wondering if Nottingham have any other student accoms in derby with en suite rooms? Because I might to look into searching for a room privately as I’m really particular about sharing bathroom spaces 😭
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Sxdv
I just had a look at the accoms on the university website and it looks like there are students from a few other allied healthcare degrees so it’ll probably mostly be grad meds living there. The bathrooms are shared tho which isn’t great for me so I’m wondering if Nottingham have any other student accoms in derby with en suite rooms? Because I might to look into searching for a room privately as I’m really particular about sharing bathroom spaces 😭

I feel you on that!!!!
is anyone thinking of private renting in notts/inbetween notts and derby?
Original post by georgimidd13

I was considering that if I go to notts!
I was considering that if I go to notts!

cool! yeah i don’t really want to live in student accommodation again and there’s free buses from notts to derby campus that run regularly so would rather do that
Reply 37
cool! yeah i don’t really want to live in student accommodation again and there’s free buses from notts to derby campus that run regularly so would rather do that

I’m thinking of either private accoms in derby or going for catered, en-suite accoms in Notts and taking the free hopper bus not sure how feasible that would be considering that I’ve heard transport in Notts is really inconsistent
(edited 1 month ago)

i’m thinking of private accom in derby
Anyone thinking to share with other people in our year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending