The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM offer holders thread Sept 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by prized-tonnage
i’m thinking of private accom in derby

Homes for students is pretty reasonable and they do 51 week lets
Hey, does anyone know what date in September the course started in 2023?
Original post by KieranBarney
Hey, does anyone know what date in September the course started in 2023?
We started on 4th September last year
Original post by GS01
Hey,
Congratulations to everyone who's received their offer! wondering how old everyone is, scared I'm going to be the oldest one there!

People who I’ve worked with that did GEM say there’s a good variation in age, I’m 24, how about yourself?
Original post by GS01
Hey,
Congratulations to everyone who's received their offer! wondering how old everyone is, scared I'm going to be the oldest one there!

hey i’m 21
Hi, I am 25 turning 26 in September 😁
Original post by GS01
Hey,

25 here soon to be 26
Original post by GS01
Hey,

Hey, im 21
Original post by GS01
Hey,

I'll turn 27 this year (God willing). Also, don't worry about age! You may agree, but after one age everyone matches a certain maturity level and we all get along. Age is just a number 🙂 you're about to study a course you are keen on and that's what matters! Congratulations🙂
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Reply 49
Original post by GS01
Hey,

I will be 25 by the time we start the course you’re definitely not gonna be too old!
Reply 50
hi guys, is the course 44 weeks or 51 weeks long?
hey! nice to speak to you all and looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow !!! this may be a slightly obvious question but... are we expected to bring anything for the offer holder day? I think they said food is provided hahha! also there's no like formal dress code right ?!
Original post by mimi_222
hey! nice to speak to you all and looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow !!! this may be a slightly obvious question but... are we expected to bring anything for the offer holder day? I think they said food is provided hahha! also there's no like formal dress code right ?!

Don't think we are expected to bring anything or dress formally... ofc I don't think we should be in loungewear, but casual day wear would work?
Original post by D0000000692144
Don't think we are expected to bring anything or dress formally... ofc I don't think we should be in loungewear, but casual day wear would work?

hahah no I agree I was thinking this too but I just was wanting to double check just in case 🙂 !!!!!!
hahah no I agree I was thinking this too but I just was wanting to double check just in case 🙂 !!!!!!

I understand! I wasn't sure of we needed to bring ID or something! May still bring it just in case...
Original post by D0000000692144
I understand! I wasn't sure of we needed to bring ID or something! May still bring it just in case...

ooo that’s a thought hahah I will bring my ID now hahaha !!!!!! I’m acc glad notts is doing this, I think it’s a rlly nice way to get a feel for the uni atmosphere and course and meet people earlier !!! Hopefully it’ll be a rlly good day ☺️
ooo that’s a thought hahah I will bring my ID now hahaha !!!!!! I’m acc glad notts is doing this, I think it’s a rlly nice way to get a feel for the uni atmosphere and course and meet people earlier !!! Hopefully it’ll be a rlly good day ☺️

Agreed! Helps you visualise which uni you fit into more! I like how they have been so organised so far. Well, I won't recognise you, but see you tomorrow 🙂 hope you have a lovely day!
Hi!! i was wondering if you guys could share stuff from the offer holder day tomorrow as i won’t be able to attend, thank you!!!
Reply 58
would you guys recommend putting in accommodations preferences now?
is anyone thinking of renting/house sharing in notts? might be a good idea to make a groupchat with everyone that’s interested as i don’t know when the uni will create their official whatsapp group :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending