The Student Room Group

AUB or Sheffield Hallam?

Hi! I'm currently on my foundation, and have got offers from all my choices, but AUB and Sheffield Hallam are my top two. I've applied for Illustration, but I plan on going into film after finishing my degree, and am completely split between the two unis! They've both got great natural spaces close by, which was a priority for me, and though coming from Brighton I'm more familiar with the Bournemouth vibe, I visited Sheff recently and loved it - no idea which to pick, and I need to book accom soon! Thanks for any answers :smile:
Original post by Ollophist
Hi! I'm currently on my foundation, and have got offers from all my choices, but AUB and Sheffield Hallam are my top two. I've applied for Illustration, but I plan on going into film after finishing my degree, and am completely split between the two unis! They've both got great natural spaces close by, which was a priority for me, and though coming from Brighton I'm more familiar with the Bournemouth vibe, I visited Sheff recently and loved it - no idea which to pick, and I need to book accom soon! Thanks for any answers :smile:
Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer great to hear we’re in your top two!

Bournemouth definitely has a similar vibe to Brighton we’re both by the sea (although we have sandy beaches rather than stony ones…just sayin'...) and we’re both known for our creative and free-spirited people and communities.

At this point the most important thing is that you find the right fit for you, so for as much as we want to say ‘come to AUB no matter what!!’ we’d recommend coming along to an offer holder day if you can. By now you’ve probably already visited campus for an Open Day, but an Offer Holder Day gives you deeper insight into what we can offer you. It’s a great opportunity to meet current students, course teams and even get a feel for the people who’ll be studying alongside you from September. Our next dates are Friday 12 and 19 April on campus (more info here: https://aub.ac.uk/apply/undergraduate/offer-holder-days).

Let us know if you have any questions hope this helps!

AUB

Quick Reply

Latest