The Student Room Group

St.Dominics College Harrow

Scroll to see replies

jelly1000
Watford Grammar doesn't have a catchment area for 6th form only admission into yrs7-10. I used to live in Wembley and got an interview there and they made no mention that I lived a fair way from it.

ohhh awesome, that's great :biggrin:

North Finchley to Watford Grammar's probably gonna take a while by public transport

just hope their application deadline hasn't passed o_O I'm gonna go check that now!
ice_dragoness274
ohhh awesome, that's great :biggrin:

North Finchley to Watford Grammar's probably gonna take a while by public transport

just hope their application deadline hasn't passed o_O I'm gonna go check that now!

its normally quite late- i know last year the open day wasnt until the 31st of january.
veggie4life
St.Doms is very good and there is immense competition - if you can't think of answers to these questions on your own then you are in trouble :smile:

ahhh can you, or anyone else still on here, do me a HUGE FAVOUR/?! :biggrin:

Basically I have to like give in my form to my school tomorrow.....
and where it says "course and subjects applied for"....what does it mean by course exactly :confused:

I want to go on to do architecture, but should I put down that I am considering law/medicine possibly as alternative choices?

Also it says "c) Specify what type/s of employment you are interested in after completion of your proposed course" and "d) What is your eventual career aim". I've written like the same thing for both.... o_O!

There are really stupid questions, sorrayy, but I'm crap at this kinda stuff :o:

Thanks in advance
xx
it isn't really binding its just to make sure you are choosing appropriate subjects so put down the couse you're most likely to do.

and don't worry thats absolutely fine for C :smile:

Best of luck
veggie4life
it isn't really binding its just to make sure you are choosing appropriate subjects so put down the couse you're most likely to do.

and don't worry thats absolutely fine for C :smile:

Best of luck

awesome, so I can put architecture as a course right? =]

what do they mean by "Type of employment or Higher Education you are interested in" though?

ohh and finally :biggrin:
It doesn't say on the website, but I was wondering if its possible to do 5 AS levels and 4 a levels there? I know Woodhouse lets you, so I assumed St. Dom's does too, so if they do I'll write all 5 down
yes you can do five. and your interested in university.
veggie4life
yes you can do five. and your interested in university.

awesome!
one veryyyy last question...sorry for the overload! :frown: lol

well basically underneath the school reference thing, it says "COMMENTS by Applicant (By Parent/Guardian if applicant is under 18)".

What exactly are they supposed to right there/what about?

merciiii
x
thats only if you need to put extra information.

if you want you could put some sort of concluding statement
Reply 48
Do st doms just look at your predicted grades and not your real results?
GFX-K
Do st doms just look at your predicted grades and not your real results?

Essentially yes. Once you've got a conditional place you'll only need to get 7B's to get in, regardless of what your predicted grades are.
Reply 50
jelly1000
Essentially yes. Once you've got a conditional place you'll only need to get 7B's to get in, regardless of what your predicted grades are.

If u get rejected and pay £5 to stay on the waiting list can you (later on around August) get in if you have 7-10 A*-A Grades?
GFX-K
If u get rejected and pay £5 to stay on the waiting list can you (later on around August) get in if you have 7-10 A*-A Grades?

Well first of all
a) It depends on whether you get put on the waiting list in the first place- I got rejected outright with predicted grades- 3 A/A*, 4A's 2 A/B,s 1B. [obviously a lot higher than I was to get, which was partly my fault, but irrelevant anyway]
b) If there are any spaces come August when the subjects are chosen
c) How many people don't make the offer/turn it down in August- which I know technically you aren't supposed to do, but some people decide at the last minute to stay at their own schools e.c.t

Obviously getting GCSE grades as per described will help, and it will be worth phoning up come August if your put on the waiting list, but having not reached the waiting list stage I can't really comment on your chances from there.
Reply 52
jelly1000
Well first of all
a) It depends on whether you get put on the waiting list in the first place- I got rejected outright with predicted grades- 3 A/A*, 4A's 2 A/B,s 1B. [obviously a lot higher than I was to get, which was partly my fault, but irrelevant anyway]
b) If there are any spaces come August when the subjects are chosen
c) How many people don't make the offer/turn it down in August- which I know technically you aren't supposed to do, but some people decide at the last minute to stay at their own schools e.c.t

Obviously getting GCSE grades as per described will help, and it will be worth phoning up come August if your put on the waiting list, but having not reached the waiting list stage I can't really comment on your chances from there.

Ok Thanks....Btw do we really have to get the last page of the application signed by a priest/religious leader ......etc?:eek:
GFX-K
Ok Thanks....Btw do we really have to get the last page of the application signed by a priest/religious leader ......etc?:eek:

Yes!
GFX-K

Lol yeahh o_O

Only got mine done yesterday, so my school just has a few days to send it after I givei n my form tomorrow.

What faith are you? Do you/have you done any like religious-related things....e.g. until recently, I attended a muslim "Sunday school" so I got some guy from there to sign it for me.

Btw would he count as a religious leader as such? :confused:

And finally, in the interviews, can you change one of your subjects?
Thankss
x
ice_dragoness274
Lol yeahh o_O

Only got mine done yesterday, so my school just has a few days to send it after I givei n my form tomorrow.

What faith are you? Do you/have you done any like religious-related things....e.g. until recently, I attended a muslim "Sunday school" so I got some guy from there to sign it for me.

Btw would he count as a religious leader as such? :confused:

And finally, in the interviews, can you change one of your subjects?
Thankss
x

He probally would, after all they just want some proof that you are religious. And at the interview they ask you to confirm your subject choices, so I assume you could change them then. Can't be certain though.
Reply 56
jelly1000
He probally would, after all they just want some proof that you are religious. And at the interview they ask you to confirm your subject choices, so I assume you could change them then. Can't be certain though.

Hey do you have to get your school to send of the form, can't you sent it yourself?
GFX-K
Hey do you have to get your school to send of the form, can't you sent it yourself?

You could send off the relgiious form seperately, but it makes sense to send it off altogether.
Reply 58
jelly1000
You could send off the relgiious form seperately, but it makes sense to send it off altogether.

No I'm sending the religious reference and application form together stapled. I just wanted to know whether it's ok to put it through the post myself because it says to tell your school to send it off.
GFX-K
No I'm sending the religious reference and application form together stapled. I just wanted to know whether it's ok to put it through the post myself because it says to tell your school to send it off.

You could, but normally you would give the form in for them to add predicted grades & a reference and then they send it off, because the school doesn't normally let you see predicted grades & reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending