The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
QI Elf
Right so I'm pretty certain I am staying in halls next year. I either want to stay (ideally) in Beaumont or go into a house connected to John Foster where my friend lives and share with her and maybe get our other friend to stay with us too.

Someone told me you have prioity over your own room but how does booking a room in another hall go? If I booked it soonish would I be likely to get it?

Almost definitely. Obviously the incoming first years won't have any preference on rooms, since they don't know them! If you put down a specific room you'll probably get it.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Great thanks.
When do we start applying for accommodation next year? I'm a 1st year in John Foster and really do want to return!
Reply 4
Apparently there will be a notice put up sometime soon. Well thats what a 2nd year in my block at Beaumont said.
According to the website applications open on the 2nd febuary, and we should be able to apply online this year, or so I heard. (all going well)

If you want to apply as a group, and all live in a house/flat together then you will be better off going to the accommodation office and picking up a paper form id have thought as you have to give the candidate numbers and other details of those you want to live with.

If possible, all go along together and fill in the forms there and then. Try and give in your forms asap as a few of my friends didnt get their first choice last year (who applied as a group) when reapplying for halls as they applied just before the deadline date.
Its supposed to be today, but I really don't see much at the website.
Just ask in the office!
Reply 8
You can now re-apply for halls. Do you know wha the difference is between a premium ensuite room and a premium plus ensuite room at john foster?
Reply 9
It is today: look in your Uni email inbox- you should have an email from the Accommodation Office in there telling you about it!
Reply 10
Why have the room descriptions gone all weird?
Reply 11
milly.
Why have the room descriptions gone all weird?

What do you mean exactly? Can you show me a screenview or a link?
Reply 12
Woo, I'm going to try and book to live with my friend in The Beeches. She already lives there and loves it and I went over today to look and it seemed nice.
Reply 13
Elements
What do you mean exactly? Can you show me a screenview or a link?

Hmmm it seems to have gone now. I didn't think much improvement could have been made to this sort of grid, but when I looked (can't find it now) it was listed in terms of 'standard single' and 'superior single' and 'standard ensuite' and 'superior ensuite' and 'superior+ ensuite', with no actual mention of which hall you'd be in.

Edit: here it is

Latest

Trending

Trending