The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

good effort there from ross1988 to hook up with a random girl

Dont worry about being on your own, it really doesn't make a difference, there are always solo people, and actually people who are with parents are often more self conscious.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Toxic Tears
oh ok thanks but was that a general open day or a dept open day?

ohhhh I remember you from the architecture forum ( i was thinking of doing the same course you dropped out of) - did you get to go into architecture in the end? :smile:

I went to a department open day for those who got offers, specifically for Architectural Engineering & Civil Engineering. I remember half the day was spent seperately from parents, where the first years and ucas students have lunch and a chance to get to speak to each other.
I went with just one friend, but I met loads of people on their own on the open day and on my travels up to leeds. it doesnt make a difference to be honest. just don't be shy!

I love Leeds Uni and Leeds, its a shame they don't offer Architecture as a BA.
Yep, i'm at westminster doing my first year of Archi.
i'm supposed to be going to an open day on the 30th and they still haven't sent me any information. :s-smilie:
aw dw i reckon they'll be quite a few people on their own at open days! i'll be going to the Leeds one alone also :smile:
Reply 24
I'm going alone to both of mine :frown: But staying over at a friends in Lupton afterwards.
I'm really not good with talking to new people so I'll be scared to death.
You'll be totally fine. They often split parents and students up anyway, for part of the open day. I had a separate campus tour to my parents.
just start talking to people about accommodation, that's bound to get conversations going :P I will anyway !! :biggrin:

Latest