The Student Room Group

Anyone want to just go somewhere? (serious)

Right. I got £2000 from working, I'm seriously bored, so I thought I'd throw this out there. My friends are busy with A-levels or pre-occupied. So here is something random.

Anyone want to go somewhere? Anywhere? Got to get away. I'm treading water here. Any ideas? I'm so bored at home, lets just get up and go. (Hey, if you don't ask, you'll never know.)

Oh if you want details bout me, email, reply here, whatever. :cool:
Wooh yeah i'm in. I need to get away. Somewhere. Anywhere!
Reply 2
Why not just go on your own? You'll meet loads of new people and have complete freedom over where to go and what to do.
Reply 3
Im in as well sorta - all my friends are either wasting time or skint - i am thinking of going on my own but thought itd be more fun with others
Alewhey
Right. I got £2000 from working, I'm seriously bored, so I thought I'd throw this out there. My friends are busy with A-levels or pre-occupied. So here is something random.

Anyone want to go somewhere? Anywhere? Got to get away. I'm treading water here. Any ideas? I'm so bored at home, lets just get up and go. (Hey, if you don't ask, you'll never know.)

Oh if you want details bout me, email, reply here, whatever. :cool:

YES..Northen Spain..mountains... Picos de europa!! great beaches too...
and Barcelona....! and Paris!
Going to India soon if anyone happens to be pre-vaccinated they are welcome to join me.
Reply 6
have you had a look on the thorn tree - its the forum on lonely planet. lots of good ideas.

and i just came across this website here which is really cool- stoking up the travel bug again unfortunately!

www.michelefalzone.net
hey honey. go alone. it'll change the rest of your life and your thinking
I thought about going alone, I guess it's cool cos you meet so many new ppl but when I go see stuff, it's nice to have atleast another person with me to share it with instead of taking pics and stuff to bring back..I dunno..you meet new ppl but you're alone a lot of the time too and I like company all the time :biggrin:
Reply 9
Going alone... I don't like the sound of that. I tend to get very... well, lonely. And I'm not very motivated at the moment. If left to my own devices I know I won't get anything done.

Man I f*cked this gap year up fully. I didn't want to take it, but kinda had to to reapply.

Need ideas!
Alewhey
Going alone... I don't like the sound of that. I tend to get very... well, lonely. And I'm not very motivated at the moment. If left to my own devices I know I won't get anything done.

Man I f*cked this gap year up fully. I didn't want to take it, but kinda had to to reapply.

Need ideas!

I was in just the same boat but now I am leaving for India on Friday. Pull your finger out and do something. Go round Europe on an Interrail ticket - it's so much fun and you will meet a tonne of other people! :biggrin:

If you sit on your ass all day you'll regret it. Get excited about something. Look at the Interrail website and talk to someone who's done it (I know Blissy has for example and I have too).

Or do something else. Loads of places will want people as volunteers.
Reply 11
Come to British Columbia this summer. A great experience, and you can never get bored (you do need money though.)
Reply 12
Come to Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore this summer! I leave on teh 9th of uly for 6 weeks and the ticket is only £500! Feel free to join us!
Does that cover flights to all 3?
Reply 14
I'm going on a tour with www.europarty.biz if anyones interested.
Reply 15
I just want to sit around doing nothing, just smoking drinking and sleeping and not just one year, I dont know if you agree
:cool:
Tis what I have done for about a month, almost :O well apart from working n stuff hmm oh dear
You could always just go around all the Summer festivals. In fact, you could combine the two and go on a festival tour round Europe. Wacken's got a great line-up this year, that's where I'm going :smile:
Reply 18
try being an au pair - you get paid, have fun, meet people, get to travel - as long as you like children, it's the best way to see the world.

www.aupaircompany.com

Latest