The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can post it in the PS Helper forum and someone can have a look over it for you there (it's a private forum): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=241
Reply 2
Well you can but a masters PS is very different to an undergrad PS and there are very few of us who'd be confident in giving advice tbh (remember that most PS Helpers are still at uni although there are a few postgrads around the place)

Unlike undergrad PSs there's really no standard format for a masters one - lots of places ask you to outline your research interests rather than right a PS so maybe that's a good place to start?
Reply 3
I would be willing to put it in the personal statement forum when Ive done a bit more work on it, thats if anyone is interested in looking at it. How would I do this?.

Rainbow1985 has already let me see her statement as an example, which has really helped and I can't thank her enough. Would anyone else agree too?
acelib82
I would be willing to put it in the personal statement forum when Ive done a bit more work on it, thats if anyone is interested in looking at it. How would I do this?.

Rainbow1985 has already let me see her statement as an example, which has really helped and I can't thank her enough. Would anyone else agree too?

Which subject are you applying for?
Reply 5
You can have a look at mine if you like - search for my username in this forum with 'consequently' as a key word and you'll find it...

I'm one of the people mentioned by Bekaboo who had experience of postgrad PSs and applications and helps out in PS Help. Just scroll down the main TSR page, find the main PS Help forum, and then put your PS in the relevant subforum.
acelib82

you could have a look at mine if you want. i've applied for an MSc postgrad tho. but i've got offers for my applications...so something in that PS must've been right... :wink:
Reply 7
kimgan
you could have a look at mine if you want. i've applied for an MSc postgrad tho. but i've got offers for my applications...so something in that PS must've been right... :wink:

thanks a lot, I will :smile: What do I need to do, send you a msg or something?
PM me your email & i'll send it over. not sure if my PS would fit into a PM, so email'd be best.
Reply 9
Thanks so much kimgan and Nicholas Urfe for sending me your statements :smile:, its really helping me to decide what to include in mine.

Angelil, I would love 2 look at yours too, but couldn't find it when I did a search on here, could I message you or something?

Ive got almost 800 words now and nearly there. I reckon I'll do a bit more work on it this week and then put it in PS section sometime next week for review
Reply 10
ahhh ffs. I just went to the thread where it was and it's been deleted for no reason :mad: Off to AAM for me then to find out where it's gone :/
Reply 11
kimgan

Could you perhaps send me your personal statement, too? That would be very nice.
I have sent you a PM with my email adress.
Please could you send me too. I will PM my email
thankyou very much for send me ur statement kimgan

angelil can you please send me your statement as well and ill just PM you my email
thanks
Reply 14
Lamentably my PG PS has been mysteriously lost in the bowels of TSR :frown: If it comes up again I'll let anyone have a look who wants it.
Reply 15
Hi Kimgan, could I also receive your personal statement? I'll send a PM.

Thanks!
Reply 16
Hi kigman would u mind to send me your personal statement please? Thank you very much.
Reply 17
Euniceee
Hi kigman would u mind to send me your personal statement please? Thank you very much.

Would you mind sending me a copy as well? Since your so popular:biggrin: Thanks a lot.
*lol* to be honest, i've no idea why mine's popular, really. but for the record anyway, i wasn't told up front if the PS was really the deal clincher & i did have some help from the PS Helpers on TSR. :smile:
Reply 19
Hi all..
also struggle with the PS here...
and realize that most of ppl have already post their app by the end of feb, give me panic attack.. :woo:

and yes, i need help to take a look for other ppl's PS that really work.. :biggrin:
so, angelil, kimgan, nicholas urfe would you mind also sending me your PS..? (i'll pm my email)
many2 thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending