The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
Iv just applied for henry price which is on campus but thats what i wanted so i was nearer town, james baillie looked really nice 2 tho!im worried now thought that i migt not get my place there because some of the popular accomodation is over subscribed!u looking forward 2 goin 2 leeds?x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I've tentatively settled for JPB. I'd rather somewhere off-campus really.
Reply 3
anyone know which is more sociable?
Reply 4
hey how far is james bailie park from the campus by walk?
Reply 5
i have the EXACT same dilemma. i've heard henry price is really sociable but i think its partially to do with the fact they have 9 sharing a kitchen so even if there's a couple of quiet people there's still loads of people in your flat who are pretty sociable. I'm edging towards JBP at the moment partially due to Henry Price's bathroom and also cause Henry Price is so oversubscribed and I'd have a better chance of getting into JBP and would hopefully be just as happy there. I think we should go to JBP and make it really sociable this year, after all, sociability is all about the people you are put with. xoxo
Reply 6
yeah i was edging towards jbp so exactly same reason of bathroom. ANd i am worried about getting an unsociable flat but i guess that could happen anywhere.
Do you think if you applied for henry price but didn't get it you'd get jb as its similar. i Defiantly want one of them two!!
Reply 7
No on the open day they said unless you put JBP as your first choice you won't get it. cause even if you put it as your first choice you won't def get it as it is still oversubscribed (just not as much as HP) so if its your second choice, there will be a lot of people who have put it as their first choice and will get preference. so i guess you'd have to decide beforehand which one. ideally i want JBP but with a guarantee of a really sociable flat! SO confused!
Reply 8
N90
i want JBP but with a guarantee of a really sociable flat! SO confused!

Unfortunately "guaranteed sociable flatemates" doesn't happen :p:

Whether you're at HP, JBP, Devonshire, Bodington etc. the vast majority of the sociable side of things will come from the people you live with. I was at HP and I had great flatmates. There were always people to talk to in the kitchen and plenty of fun things going on. On the other hand I knew someone in the next block at Henry Price who did not have sociable flatmates (and because of this was always around at our flat :biggrin: ). I'm sure the same can be said about any of the other halls.

Asking which halls are "most sociable" will more than likely lead to even bigger disappointment if the unlikely event happens and you end up with people who rarely venture outside their rooms :yep: (And in my opinion it's a question that has no answer)

Latest