Or not dealing with it in my case.

Route A
Falmouth - Unsuccessful
Middlesex - Conditional
Cumbria

Route B
1. Loughborough - Unsuccessful
2. Lincoln

My ucas application went through pretty late as with the rest of my group's. And cos I put Falmouth through as route A they got back to me two weeks after and rejected me without an interview, which I understood and dealt with.

Loughborough got back to me yesterday and I was really hit with a ton of bricks. I didn't even realise how much I wanted to go until I found out I can't. I rung them today and I was told that my interviewers thought I had natural drawing skills and I held myself well during the interview, however, they thought my problem solving was weak and questioned my work proccess. God... Which sucks.

The other three left are just back ups. I didn't really like Middlesex but liked the idea of being in London. But Middlesex is so far out that I don't think it's really worth it.

Cumbria was quite nice and I liked that they mix the graphics and illustration students together in the first year to better equip the illustration students. I haven't heard from them after the interview yet but I'm not even sure if I want to go there.

Lincoln I don't really know anything about. All I know is from their website and they have produced some nice work.

What do you guys think I should do? Should I just pick somewhere medioca that I don't want to go to, or apply next year? But then what would I do apart from trying to improve my work in that year? And I'd be 20 by then... But I just think it is really important to be in a course with a good rep in art and design.

+ If you have to choose between Middlesex, Cumbria and Lincoln which would you choose?
Reply 1
What course is this for?

As I'm not very familiar with Middlesex, Cumbria and Lincoln I can't advise you in that respect. What I will say is that you shouldn't go somewhere that you wouldn't be happy. I made that mistake last year and as a result I dropped out. You can always take a year out; improve your work, sketchbooks, ideas etc as well as working or trying to gain some industry work experience. You always have other options; you don't HAVE to go to University this year. Take you time and really think about the place that's right for you and the way you work.
Reply 2
It's for illustration.

I know I don't have to go to uni this year, but what if I don't get into a good institude next year either? Ergh, it's so frustrating.
Reply 3
Wellice
It's for illustration.

I know I don't have to go to uni this year, but what if I don't get into a good institude next year either? Ergh, it's so frustrating.

Have you done a foundation diploma in Art & Design?
Reply 4
Wellice
It's for illustration.

Take on board what the universities have said about you and your work and return next year with these skills. If L'boro like your work and you as a person then you were very almost through the door, it's just ideas and problem solving is a pretty crucial element. When I attended my Falmouth interview they were VERY interested in why I did this, why I didn't do that, what happened when I tried this technique or why I decided to go with this media... etc.

I would wait and reapply rather then go somewhere you aren't too keen. If Falmouth (Illustration) hadn't given me a place then I would be waiting til next year to apply again. If I, personally, had to choose between the three I would go with Cumbria as I adore that place and the Lake District. I was very seriously considering putting it down myself last year but Falmouth took my interest far more. Lincoln is a very nice city but I wasn't even aware it had an art course, and I've never visited Middlesex.
Reply 5
I wouldn't rule out middlesex totally if i were you. Have you been to an open day there? It's in a really nice area and the university is pretty decent, they have a lot of good facilities there and the people are good.
It's not that far out from london, the tube station is just down the road from the uni, oakwood, it takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the centre of london so it's really not far at all! You get to be in the country and a stones throw away from the middle of london.
Reply 6
linclon is doing quite well in recent year.
and win some big awards plus the totally new campus!
should go down there and check it out!!( u need to visit the place !!!)

maybe study there for the first yr, if u like it ,just keepstaying.
otherwise use the skill learnt from linclon to reapply to any other uni .:biggrin:

Latest