I really don't want to go to work today :cry:
Reply 181
scaryhair
I really don't want to go to work today :cry:

aww :hugs: Me neither.
Wildebeest
"Do I need to pay by card to have cashback?"
"Do I need to buy something to have cashback?"

I still don't understand this obsession people have with cashback. Perhaps it's some kind of safety fear. There is such thing as a cash machine that operates all hours of the day and night, but either they haven't met it yet or they just prefer to queue for the opportunity to patronise a cashier.

God I had a problem with this foreign guy at work (no bias against foreigners, it's just difficult sometimes lol). He handed me his phone topup card and asked to top up by £10. I thought I'd ask for the money first, I just got that impression there may be a problem! So I say that'll be £10 please. And he says, "No you give me money". I had a wtf moment, started getting confused at that! I tried explaining that no, you pay me money to top up your phone with this card but that wasn't getting through to him. He said he'd been able to get cashback on his phone top up card at other shops and that I was wrong and trying to do him out of money!? Ok, I know there are some cards that you can top up like those credit cards at paypoints but he obviously hadn't got cashback on this anywhere. But he still argued with me for a good 5 minutes :mad: God I hate arguing with people who don't have good english, especially aobut money.

And another guy who didn't speak good english yesterday came in and asked for £10 lebara (phone credit). So I double checked as we can't refund them - "£10 lebara?" "Yes" and he pays by card. That's fine and he turns to leave... then turns to the desk again and says, "You didn't give me any cigarettes?" What?? I seem to have had a good few wtf moments in the last week lol Apparently he had asked for 10 Lambert and Butler. Yet he clearly said yes when I asked if it was a top up he wanted. I think they just say yes when they don't know what you're saying. So I had to refund him £10 cash and leave the phone/lotto etc till £10 down and then charge him for the cigarettes out of the £10 cash... I couldn't even begin to try and balance up the tills after that, I got so confused! Gah, people!!!
Yeah I had a foreign couple come up to my till with nothing and ask for cashback..with straight faces. Of course you can, here, rob me... Cashback is a massive pain in the arse. 'Yes, can I get €100..with 2 €20's, 4 €10's, 2 €5's, 4 €2's and 2 €1's..' that kind of ****. Eh no, not a bank.
I think everyone has had stupid cashback customers.... I always seem to get a few who see people asking for it, and just assume that we given money out for free. I once had an old lady paying by cash, who insisted that, by not giving her cashback, I was discriminating against those not paying by card!!! How she expected me to give her cashback from cash, I have no idea!
Just thought of something:

I work in a photo lab (well, worked, it was my last day today) and we always get people coming in with digital camera cards, asking us to print. I explain that we don't take the camera cards in, you have to use the self-service machines, but I can come and show you how to use it. They say they don't have time, they're parked on double yellows or something (:facepalm:) and can I just take the card and keep it with the photos? I agree, take their name and number down, and ask what size they want. They tell me, all seems well, they're about to leave...then "Hang on, I don't want all of the photos on the card, only some of them".

:confused: How am I supposed to know which photos they want? So in the end, they say they'll do it another time, and leave me to deal with the inevitable queue.
hmm back from work today. I beat my old record with 6, count it 6 customers mistaking me for a girl today! My previous was 5, bet I'll get 10 in one shift eventually, a shift only being 4.5hrs.
Reply 187
joey11223
hmm back from work today. I beat my old record with 6, count it 6 customers mistaking me for a girl today! My previous was 5, bet I'll get 10 in one shift eventually, a shift only being 4.5hrs.

Haha, I get that too. Not so much now since I've grown a beard, but when people see a ponytail, they just assume it's a girl.

Other than the heat, not a bad day at work today. I think the worst customer I had was one complaining there was the tiniest hole where a security tag was attached to a dress...how else does she think it will attach? Hopefully tomorrow will be as good.
hobo06
Haha, I get that too. Not so much now since I've grown a beard, but when people see a ponytail, they just assume it's a girl.

Other than the heat, not a bad day at work today. I think the worst customer I had was one complaining there was the tiniest hole where a security tag was attached to a dress...how else does she think it will attach? Hopefully tomorrow will be as good.

Yeah today was ok for me too. I got a few customers asking for weird items: big bags of coal, rabbit food etc (I get that we are a shop but we're not exactly huge and it's pretty obvious we only really do food and a few cleaning items like dettol sprays and washing powder)
Reply 189
OhNO!
I work in starbucks, and we get loads of crappy customers. We close at 5 O'Clock on a Sunday, and on one of my last shifts last term, we had this family of five come in at 4:56 p.m - they each ordered a drink, bought a panini or sandwich and a muffin. When I told them that we were only serving to take away, they got really ****** with me and started shouting that they "couldn't sit outside (on our outside tables) because it is raining, you stupid girl!" blah blah and I said, well, you can't sit outside because we're closing in four minutes and we're going to take the tables inside. They wouldn't believe me that we were actually closing, since there were still people in the cafe. They just went absolutely insane, and kept saying we obviously weren't closing, and they demanded we keep the shop open for them. As if I'd lie to them just for the funsies :s-smilie:

Anyway, we put their order through to go and then they just went and sat down, at which point I had started going around telling people we were closing and that they have to leave. The whole family left, albeit five minutes after closing time, but the father refused to leave until he had finished eating his sodding egg sandwich. He sat on a chair shoving into his mouth and downing his coffee just to prove some pathetic point. Eventually my manager had to stand over him, repeatedly telling him to leave since we'd been closed for quarter of an hour.

I quite like telling people to leave though, I enjoy it since I have to do everything customers stay all shift - being able to make them **** off is immense. Even though they always take repeated telling. It's ridiculous how people will just look at you and continue sitting there when you tell them "We are closed now."

Know exactly what you mean, i work at starbucks too. Had a guy come in today who looked like he was in a rush. We had a guy helping us cover the saturday shift, he didnt speak perfect english although it was good. Anyway, the guy in a rush asked where the toilets were and the barista didnt understand so asked the guy to repeat, he did a bit louder still he didnt get what the dude was saying so asked him to repeat again. the guy then bellowed 'TOILET!!!!'

And ran off in the direction of them only to find that there was like a 7 person queue as we already locked and cleaned one of them LOL. i heard him from the counter shouting at the woman in the toilet for taking long. hahahaha. Must have needed an epic ****
Lizia
The worst thing is that our store has cash machines literally right outside the store doors. I had a woman once who shouted at me for five whole minutes because I forgot to do her cash back, and when I pointed out that there was a cashpoint two seconds walk away, she shouted, "BUT I WANTED CASHBACK, NOT CASH FROM A MACHINE"...WTF?! It's the same amount of money whether you get it from the ATM or from me!

maybe the machine charges her to draw out money and cashback does not? But other than that she doesn't make sense!
Lizia
Nope, the machines don't charge. But you're wrong, she makes perfect sense- she is just a moron :smile:

Yeah I see what you mean, I meant like what she said doesn't make sense because its still money wherever she gets it from and you are only human so she should realise that you can make mistakes
Just read someone moaning about closing. While it's fun telling people they have to leave, you do get some idiots. Where I worked there were no actual doors to lock (cafe in a museum), so we used to just put ropes up in front of the 2 entrances of the food section. For most people, this was enough to realise we were closed, however, there would be at least 2 customers a day who would step over the rope (or unclip them) and proceed to browse what we had. The look of disbelief on their faces when we told them we were closed was funny.
matt1991
I've heard from some of the customers you're a really awful assistant though.

Aren't you the one who turned up drunk?

I'm watching you.

Matthew!! :shock:

I'm lovely to the customers :biggrin:
I have never turned up drunk - my co-worker turns up hungover though!
Like you did yesterday Mr Ball so you can hardly talk!!! :p:
Reply 194
20 past 4 the last customer left the store today! It's been so busy, I've left the customer service desk a complete mess, I think the Head Cashier in the week will probably castrate me for it! Oh well, I have next weekend off, just an odd till bod in the week so hopefully won't have to deal with the worst of the customers for a couple weeks.
In mcdonalds we get all the annoying customers.
Theres the ones who moan non stop about having to wait 5 minutes for their food. They can always have their food frozen or partially cooked if they dont want to wait but i wouldnt recommend it.
Then theres the ones who moan about the queues and the amount of staff we have in or the prices of the food. Like i do the schedule or make the prices.
Then theres the people who dont listen to a word you say when you serve them. E.G. (Me) "Which would you like on you chicken legend- salsa or mayo?" (Customer) "Yes"
Then theres the ones who think you are psycic. E.G. (customer) "Can i have a meal please?" I am thinking which meal? Big mac meal, chicken sandwich meal, chicken nugget meal? When you ask them they tell you which meal they want as if you were psycic and meant to know which meal they wanted.
Th list goes on. And on. And on. I could go on forever.
I had a bit of an odd day today... I still haven't had any really annoying customers this season, but three separate people told me how polite i was today.... so very odd.
Does anyone else hate it when customers are too chatty? I really don't like having conversations with customers about my A levels. Why would you go into a shop and ask the staff stuff like that?
Uh the whole shop shutting thing annoys me so much, i don't think i'd ever have the cheek to sit in a shop drinking my coffee when i've been told it's shut...but people do!

When it gets to around 4.30, we remind all customers that we shut at 5, and most people are great and leave on time, but some are so annoying!!

It was about 4.50 and two women came in asking for coffees and cakes, so i let them know that we shut at 5pm, and one was like "oh ok, but it's not like you're going to chuck us out though?" Well eh yeah we are because we all need to leave at 5, and you can't just sit here when everyone has gone home!!
We're part of a bigger shop which stays open later, but that still doesn't mean they can stay after we've gone home.

The other day this woman asked me what the soup of the day was, and i told her it was carrot and corriander, and she looked at me with such disgust and went "oh is there not a choice?". It's the soup of the day...no. One soup. She was so angry that there was only one soup! People are way to uptight!! And when she asked if there was a choice, this wee man went "yeah, take it or leave it" - it was hilarious. :biggrin:
We had the fire alarm go off on Saturday and we had to evacuate the building for 2 hours before we were allowed back in.

The amount of people that wouldn't move because they hadn't finished eating their food was ridiculous. It wasn't until one of the shift managers came upstairs that they believed that we actually had to leave.

I really don't care if you haven't finished eating, you have to leave so you don't die in a fire. Having said that, some of the ***** we had in should have stayed xD

And a load of pikey's robbed the broom from the dustpan and broom thingy. The big night shift guy was chasing them around the centre xD

Latest

Trending

Trending