The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
StandardStudent
One of my mates works at a KFC up Wembley and one of the workers there got stabbed. A man ordered a 3 Piece Colonel meal but didnt get a chicken breast piece...so stabbed the cashier 2 times in the chest.

man i hate it when i get customers like that
Reply 41
I work at a petrol station and I've had a man ask me how my sex life was. I was just like WTF? :confused:

On the other hand, there was a man once who commented on my Foo Fighters t-shirt, that was very nice :yep: And an old man always gives us sweets on Monday mornings (too bad I rarely work then).
Reply 42
rosieee91
One old guy actually clicked his fingers at one of the waiters to get his attention...so he just walked past him. I hate how patronising and condescending some customers are.

I've never had someone click at me, a few people have like pawed at my back as I walked past them though. That was weird.
Reply 43
frederizia
I work at a petrol station and I've had a man ask me how my sex life was. I was just like WTF? :confused:

On the other hand, there was a man once who commented on my Foo Fighters t-shirt, that was very nice :yep: And an old man always gives us sweets on Monday mornings (too bad I rarely work then).

You shouldn't take candy from strangers!
Reply 44
hobo06
You shouldn't take candy from strangers!

Haha, so I've been told. Nah, the others who work there have taken it loads of time and they're all still alive :cute:
Reply 45
I used to work in the catering at Pride Park on matchdays. There were some right ***** there. People at tables clicked fingers and shouted 'boy' if they wanted attention. They would also shout if food didn't come in about two minutes, even if it was out of my hands as the Chef hadn't finished preparing it due to being busy. They would also laugh and make jokes about people being useless, well in one incident when a coffee pot ran out so I had to change it. They made complaints about us waiters being 'cheeky' and 'rude'.
Reply 46
I work in Tesco and sometimes you get the really snobby people who look down on you for working there and think that the shop is too 'common' for them

WTF COME HERE AND SHOP THEN?!!

And the customers who expect you to pack their shopping for them, I don't mind but asking is nice and to say thankyou aswell!!
Reply 47
I work in starbucks, and we get loads of crappy customers. We close at 5 O'Clock on a Sunday, and on one of my last shifts last term, we had this family of five come in at 4:56 p.m - they each ordered a drink, bought a panini or sandwich and a muffin. When I told them that we were only serving to take away, they got really ****** with me and started shouting that they "couldn't sit outside (on our outside tables) because it is raining, you stupid girl!" blah blah and I said, well, you can't sit outside because we're closing in four minutes and we're going to take the tables inside. They wouldn't believe me that we were actually closing, since there were still people in the cafe. They just went absolutely insane, and kept saying we obviously weren't closing, and they demanded we keep the shop open for them. As if I'd lie to them just for the funsies :s-smilie:

Anyway, we put their order through to go and then they just went and sat down, at which point I had started going around telling people we were closing and that they have to leave. The whole family left, albeit five minutes after closing time, but the father refused to leave until he had finished eating his sodding egg sandwich. He sat on a chair shoving into his mouth and downing his coffee just to prove some pathetic point. Eventually my manager had to stand over him, repeatedly telling him to leave since we'd been closed for quarter of an hour.

I quite like telling people to leave though, I enjoy it since I have to do everything customers stay all shift - being able to make them **** off is immense. Even though they always take repeated telling. It's ridiculous how people will just look at you and continue sitting there when you tell them "We are closed now."
Ughh too many. Today I had these aul wans watch me bring a rail down from the fitting toom and pounce on it 'This is all €2 isn't it love' No why the HELL would it be. People who blame me for long queues/lack of staff/the unavailability of the size they want/things being out of stock (oh EXCUSE me while I pull them out of my ass!)/not being able to produce €100 cashback after they watch me opening a till with 2 tens and 4 5's..yes I forgot I have magical 50's!/not being able to do refunds and exchanges..yeah this is what department stores do/not being able to sell them the bench on which 3 mannequins are standing on in the window (???)/not being a bank and unable to break notes right after opening time on a sunday morning/ forbidding customers from trying on briefs in the fitting room (EWWW just EWWW)/not knowing what time store X/same stores closes at on the other side of town/not asking the 10,000th customer of the day for their loyalty card (well you should have copped where you are as well!)/not being allowed to exchange vouchers for cash (yeah this really annoys me..oh excuse me while I get fired so you can have your €20 cash)/not providing gitf wrap (hello did you not NOTICE you walked into a shop only slightly higher up the scale than Primark)/being mistaken for the same shop that's 2 minutes away- people screaming about items being put on hold and then not apologising on finding out they're in the wrong store. 'But this is grafton street!' No it isn't! How could anyone not notice walking into the back of a really distinctive shopping centre...ughh! Could really go on for ever here and split it all into sections 'annoying till customers/annoying fittign room customers/annoying floor customers' but I'm pretty hungry..
Reply 49
i work in a supermarket and i agree about the people who just expect you to pack their shopping. if the customer is old/disabled/has their hands full of baby or whatever i'll pack it without being asked but when they're just stood there watching their shopping mount up and then say 'aren't you going to pack this??' with some disgusted look on their face, then i mind.
we also can't offer bags, customers have to ask for them. people are so so rude about this, 'BAG?!' i've only got four weeks til i leave so i've started replying with 'can i have a bag, PLEASE.'

hate customers who speak on the phone while you serve them, and customers who don't speak to you at all, clearly because you're sooo beneath them for having to work at a supermarket to fund your education. shove off douchebags.

had a customer on saturday who threatened to 'stab me up' cos i refused the sale of alcohol. get.a.life. we called security, he threatened to stab them too. he was all 'they don't have anything better to do cos they work for **** wages at the coop' i felt like saying, 'yeh, paying taxes so chavs like you can sit around all day claiming benefits which we pay for.'

argh, also is it me or are old people actually the rudest?! i really find this, its surprising cos young people get so much bad press.. sure some of them are rude but a lot more old people are rude. one old man came in drunk and asked for cigerettes, he was slurring his words so i asked him if he could repeat what he said so he went 'TEN.STERLING.SUPERKINGS.PLEASE.' and then tutted at me. so i refused to serve him. my supervisor is all for us refusing to serve rude customers, so it's pretty ace. (:
Reply 50
wen i was working in marks adn spencer at christmas i will always remember this onw woman.
it was the first day of the sale, the store opened at 5 and was jam packed, i was on the till at one point and was trying to avoid the customers who had trollys loaded up with things well this dint work as i ended up havin someone with two full trollys of sale things

anyway, the woman comes over with her friend and i start scannin the items as u naturally do and it was "oh no no!! i dont no if i wan that i want to no the price" i explained very kindly that all stock was priced up at the price it was being sold at and she would not get it for no less unless it had been priced up wrong. she made me price check every item as we wet along and i fink eneded p buyin only half of one of the two trollys i had never been so annoyed especially wen as i worked on the lingerie dept most of the things she was buyin was bras and each one had to be typed in and cheked wht their tag to make sure no customers had changed anything over.

i couldnt wait to get rid of this woman. then her friend decides she wants one of the reli large bags for 3 small pairs of knickers which we are nlt allowed to do !!!:mad:
Reply 51
cherrycola32
when i worked at robert dyas i got a customer come in and ask for tartan paint!

ha ha ha thats hilarious!:biggrin:
Reply 52
Haha I work in Halfords, as head bike mechanic, and in this position I get anything bike handed back to me. If one of the retarded morons that works in the week ***** up a delicate and time consuming repair (wheel rebuilding, one piece bottom brackets, bleeding brakes) it takes me twice as long to do the job, often with a customer phoning up to ask me where their bike is.

Last weekend we had a chap who'd just bought a Vanquish in FOUR TIMES because his big ring wasn't PERFECTLY straight and got a whisper of chain rub every 3/4 turn of the pedals. I had to retorque the damn ring five times to get it straight when it was perfectly adequate before. He was complaining that it affected his gearchanging and he had slipping rings, well obviously not, I thrashed it around the carpark ragging through the gears and it never once came close to being anything but positive and sharp shifting.

Another guy came in with a two week old Kona Shred which had been ridden into the ground (how, may you ask, in two weeks?) complaining it was badly built, with a mangled deraillieur, bent and broken mech hanger, and sand in the BB and headset. He then complained about bad customer service after we sourced him a new bike for free.

Don't even get me STARTED on the people who buy a £100 bike and expect it to be the best thing since sliced bread. Every single component on that bike will be made in the cheapest possible way out of the cheapest materials and it's doubtful it would last more than 50-100 miles before needing some serious work. They come in abusing me for selling them a bad quality bike when they spent 'a lot of money' on it. It's hard not to laugh and tell them I that £100 would barely buy me a wheel of the quality I want for my bike. I could easily spend £500 on a wheelset.
I've worked at Halfords since September 07 and I swear to god, I've never met so many egotistical, sexist and down right ******* rude people in my entire life.

People that refuse your help because you're a woman and you couldn't possibly know anything about car parts or stereo systems. The ones that see a male member of staff and say 'Oh don't worry about it love, I'll talk to this man instead' are the worst, *****!

There's so many people that swear and shout and have tantrums. One guy tried to return a Bluetooth headset that was sealed when I sold him it, that he'd had in his ear (and left ear wax all over) and tried to say it was open when I gave him it. After a good hour of him ranting and raving at me, calling me all the names under the sun, threatening me and another colleague, and shouting to other customers about me being a goth (yeah cause that's totally me :rolleyes:) my manager gave in and refunded him to £40. That's another thing I hate about where I work, people give in too easily. If I was the manager (I seriously wouldn't want to be) I wouldn't have! It was defiantly sealed when I sold it, it wasn't faulty and the company is -£40 because it being used and worn breaches the hygiene rule, and because the manager just couldn't grow a pair and say no.

Loads of people I work with don't give a **** either, then it's me that get's the brunt of the customer's rage because I work at the very front of the shop. People order parts for customers and don't confirm availability with the vender, then you get a situation like today where the customer has been told to collect a part that's still 60 miles away and won't get here until Thursday.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
StarsAreFixed
Ughh too many. Today I had these aul wans watch me bring a rail down from the fitting toom and pounce on it 'This is all €2 isn't it love' No why the HELL would it be. People who blame me for long queues/lack of staff/the unavailability of the size they want/things being out of stock (oh EXCUSE me while I pull them out of my ass!)/not being able to produce €100 cashback after they watch me opening a till with 2 tens and 4 5's..yes I forgot I have magical 50's!/not being able to do refunds and exchanges..yeah this is what department stores do/not being able to sell them the bench on which 3 mannequins are standing on in the window (???)/not being a bank and unable to break notes right after opening time on a sunday morning/ forbidding customers from trying on briefs in the fitting room (EWWW just EWWW)/not knowing what time store X/same stores closes at on the other side of town/not asking the 10,000th customer of the day for their loyalty card (well you should have copped where you are as well!)/not being allowed to exchange vouchers for cash (yeah this really annoys me..oh excuse me while I get fired so you can have your €20 cash)/not providing gitf wrap (hello did you not NOTICE you walked into a shop only slightly higher up the scale than Primark)/being mistaken for the same shop that's 2 minutes away- people screaming about items being put on hold and then not apologising on finding out they're in the wrong store. 'But this is grafton street!' No it isn't! How could anyone not notice walking into the back of a really distinctive shopping centre...ughh! Could really go on for ever here and split it all into sections 'annoying till customers/annoying fittign room customers/annoying floor customers' but I'm pretty hungry..

This sound almost exactly where I work, Matalan by any chance? I don't know if there are Matalan stores in Ireland.
Nope there aren't! It's Dunnes, there's only a few in the UK. I'd say it's roughly the same except Dunnes is bigger..
Reply 56
Samz
hate customers who speak on the phone while you serve them, and customers who don't speak to you at all, clearly because you're sooo beneath them for having to work at a supermarket to fund your education. shove off douchebags.

Oh i'd forgotten about this! its so bloody irritating how hard is it to say to someone ill ring you back.
Spleeny
I've never had someone click at me, a few people have like pawed at my back as I walked past them though. That was weird.

:lolwut: Strange person...

Yeh someone grabbed my arm the other day too. I was tempted to shout "RAPE" but thought against it...
Reply 58
StarsAreFixed
Nope there aren't! It's Dunnes, there's only a few in the UK. I'd say it's roughly the same except Dunnes is bigger..

we used to have a dunnes where i live it got replaced by matalan /random knowledge.
Reply 59
i used to work in a chemists and this one lady asked me where the cat food was. I pointed outside and said "tesco". she looked at me like i was crazy, lol

Latest

Trending

Trending