The Student Room Group

White People's Inventions

Usually any time I get into a debate with a white person and they see I am getting the better of the debate they will usually pull out two things

1) White People’s Invention And Creations 2) Race and IQ

First off I always find funny that when I point out the bad that whites have done, whites are quick to point out how other people have done it too. Like with the slave trade they quickly point out that Africans and Arabs did it too.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT SUDDENLY MATTERS

But when it comes to the good things, like inventions, white people act like they are the only ones then

HISTORICAL CONTEXT SUDDENLY DOES NOT MATTER

Indeed white people’s inventions And creations and Race and IQ are usually the two main arguments that whites will use to prove how they are the most progressive and advanced of all the races.

White people will talk about there inventions for 3 reason

1. To show that whites are the best regardless of how much racism they have have practised.
2. To change the subject. It is a great way to derail any argument about white racism: blacks hate this argument and will jump on it, quickly forgetting whatever they were talking about before. (I have done this myself)
3. To point out that x would not even be possible without white people. For example, when arguing about how racist a programme is, whites will sometimes try to end the argument by pointing out that it was whites who invented the TV in the first place.

What is wrong with this argument:

If inventions “prove” one part of mankind is better than all the rest, then the Chinese and black people have a way better claim than whites. White people would be nowhere without four Chinese inventions : Gunpowder, The Compass, Paper and the Printing press. Whites rise to world power was built on these.

In fact, before 1500 there were very few white inventions but plenty of Chinese and Egyptian ones.The Egyptians invented civilization itself along with stuff like writing, calendars, irrigation, mining, first to study Math, first to build modern cities and so on.

However I will not deny whites there inventions and a lot of the inventions of the past few hundred years were made by white people. But that is only because they have been on top in that time. If it’s because white ppl are born with more intelligent, then white people would have been on top all throughout history not just a fifth of it. British and American power is fresh in our thoughts, but it’s just the latest chapter in the book of history.

Onto Race and IQ next.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Racism works both ways, you know?

Why do you hate so much?
Cool story.
Sorry man, black people don't discover ****!

:ahee:
What's white on top and black on bottom?
What's the problem did white man shagg your girlfriend?
Reply 6
There is no such thing as White people or black people or blue people or whatever inventions. There are inventions made by either one person or a small group of people that happen to be a certain ethnicity of nationality. This is their achievement and not anybody else's. Just because someone has achieved success and you happen to have something in common with them that does not give you the right to freeload on their accomplishments!

Oh and yeh racism does work both ways! So fill that chip on your shoulder OP! This isn't the 1920s anymore, nobody gives a damn about your skin colour.

If you are going to neg rep me a least provide an explanation!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
What's white on top and black on bottom?

Society.
Original post by boromir9111
Society.

:rofl:
Reply 9
Yeaah Boi - Whitey's always tryna get me downe with his inventional fa-shizzle
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
:rofl:

:cool:
Reply 11
White and black neither are stuggling to find which is the better race
We are all the same race
Humans, homosapiens
Why is there still such segregation for *insert deity's* sake
Inventions are inventions either way
Certain people in history have done bad things and been of one colour
But people have also done good things whilst being the same colour
We are all human
Colour has nothing to do with invention
Much the same as eye colour has nothing to do with it
It is just random genetics which make up for nothing
End of minirant
Original post by NigerianStudent

You again?! Stop playing the race card!
Original post by RabbitCFH
Sorry man, black people don't discover ****!

:ahee:

Lol katt Williams is hillarious!
Original post by NigerianStudent
Usually any time I get into a debate with a white person and they see I am getting the better of the debate they will usually pull out two things...

I like how your examples of 'un-white' inventions are credited to either the Chinese or Egyptians, neither of whom are actually black.

Blacks are crap at inventing stuff. So what? That doesn't make them inherently bad people. Grow up and stop arguing about a non-existent issue.
Reply 15
OP, the black panther movement has dwindled. In the UK racism against black has also dwindled. The world is starting to forget, I suggest you do the same.
Original post by Van_der_Waals
I like how your examples of 'un-white' inventions are credited to either the Chinese or Egyptians, neither of whom are actually black.

Blacks are crap at inventing stuff. So what? That doesn't make them inherently bad people. Grow up and stop arguing about a non-existent issue.

FAIL- the egyptians were black when these things were invented

not that it matters. Calm down OP, stop seeing things in black and white. See what i did there :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lewroll
FAIL- the egyptians were black when these things were invented

not that it matters. Calm down OP, stop seeing things in black and white. See what i did there :biggrin:

Egyptians wern't 'black', they were mostly semetic. Go and look at Egyptians nowadays, no were in Egypt are there black people. Most North African people aren't black.
Reply 18
i have to agree with you it's unfair the way 'blacks' and other races are perceived as less intelligent it's completely unfounded and untrue. i hate how the white race are so ignorant of everyone elses background, like how they view all indians and pakistani people to be the same and call them 'muslims' (when that's a religion anyone can be a muslim) or they call me BLACK when i'm mixed race, my mum is white and my dad is half white half black caribbean; therefore i'm only a quarter black. i've NEVER heard a black person call me black, or an asian, latino or anyone from a different race other than white.

the only reason they have so many 'inventions' from the last few hundred years is because they were the 'ruling race' at the time and because of the suppression of black people. but look at how far asians have bought us with their technology, it's obviously going to be their turn pretty soon.
Original post by nigerianstudent
usually any time i get into a debate with a white person and they see i am getting the better of the debate they will usually pull out two things

1) white people’s invention and creations 2) race and iq

first off i always find funny that when i point out the bad that whites have done, whites are quick to point out how other people have done it too. Like with the slave trade they quickly point out that africans and arabs did it too.

historical context suddenly matters

but when it comes to the good things, like inventions, white people act like they are the only ones then

historical context suddenly does not matter

indeed white people’s inventions and creations and race and iq are usually the two main arguments that whites will use to prove how they are the most progressive and advanced of all the races.

White people will talk about there inventions for 3 reason

1. To show that whites are the best regardless of how much racism they have have practised.
2. To change the subject. It is a great way to derail any argument about white racism: Blacks hate this argument and will jump on it, quickly forgetting whatever they were talking about before. (i have done this myself)
3. To point out that x would not even be possible without white people. For example, when arguing about how racist a programme is, whites will sometimes try to end the argument by pointing out that it was whites who invented the tv in the first place.

What is wrong with this argument:

If inventions “prove” one part of mankind is better than all the rest, then the chinese and black people have a way better claim than whites. White people would be nowhere without four chinese inventions : Gunpowder, the compass, paper and the printing press. Whites rise to world power was built on these.

In fact, before 1500 there were very few white inventions but plenty of chinese and egyptian ones.the egyptians invented civilization itself along with stuff like writing, calendars, irrigation, mining, first to study math, first to build modern cities and so on.

However i will not deny whites there inventions and a lot of the inventions of the past few hundred years were made by white people. But that is only because they have been on top in that time. If it’s because white ppl are born with more intelligent, then white people would have been on top all throughout history not just a fifth of it. British and american power is fresh in our thoughts, but it’s just the latest chapter in the book of history.

Onto race and iq next.

Haha! It's 'their'. Silly black man :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending