The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Jody and Poppy scenes were inserted because they cut out most of the funeral scenes due to all the controversy.
they shouldve showed shirley,mercy and dot doing a strip tease instead :drool:
Reply 6002
Oooh I'm reading DS - apparently they cut some of the funeral scenes and therefore that Jodie/Poppy jazz was just a filler?!

Apparently they cut:

Kat holding the baby's coffin
Kat's breakdown before entering the church
Kat's breakdown at the graveside
Ronnie's moment near the grave
Reply 6003
Original post by Kidders
so the ending of tonight's episode (11/1/11) is this the start of EE undoing ALL the bad they've done by resolving the whole swap thing nice and early?! I said I wasn't going to watch this tosh any more, but my mum had it on and it's made me think maybe there's still some hope for 'Enders bosses!!

I don't think it's ended yet..
Original post by mel0n
Oooh I'm reading DS - apparently they cut some of the funeral scenes and therefore that Jodie/Poppy jazz was just a filler?!

Apparently they cut:

I get why they have done this, but what i don't get is why they think people have the problem with the Cot death/ funeral/ grieving aspect of the story?! It's the swapping people are so disgusted over! They definitely should have kept in all the funeral scenes as this would have portrayed the grief felt at losing a loved one. BUT they should (hopefully still will!?) end the swap story-line by the end of the week. Kat deserves to get her child back and Ronnie can then mourn the death of her son.

Would allow for lots of scenes with Ronnie getting psychological help, which could be tackled very sensitively and perhaps restore some faith in the soap!
Reply 6005
Original post by Kidders
I get why they have done this, but what i don't get is why they think people have the problem with the Cot death/ funeral/ grieving aspect of the story?! It's the swapping people are so disgusted over! They definitely should have kept in all the funeral scenes as this would have portrayed the grief felt at losing a loved one. BUT they should (hopefully still will!?) end the swap story-line by the end of the week. Kat deserves to get her child back and Ronnie can then mourn the death of her son.

Would allow for lots of scenes with Ronnie getting psychological help, which could be tackled very sensitively and perhaps restore some faith in the soap!

They're planning to make the storyline shorter but surely not right yet. I think now feels about right before any further attachments/bonds are made, but I think Kat will give the baby back not thinking it's her own. The storyline was meant to be about a year long apparently, but they've shortened it till April. So there's still more to come I think..

I also read that there was apparently a 4 minute monologue or something that Ronnie speaks at the graveside but they didn't show it :\
My sky+ box recorded yesterday's episode for some reason even though the information button showed it was supposed to be the funeral today.

Anyone know why?

I have now put the 115 repeat on at 10pm.

Did this happen 2 any1 else?
Reply 6007
Original post by Kidders

Not sure whether to put this in a spoiler or not but anyways...

Spoiler

Ok have a missed an episode or two? Who the hell is Poppy? She looks like a brunette version of Jodie. When did Bianca tell Tif about the death of her baby...did she even loose a baby?...
Thursday will be epic..and not in a good way...oh and :rofl: at the Connor/Carol/Whitney love triangle. Just watching them all flirt is beyond brilliant. Lady's note that a way to a mans heart is not through his stomach but by dropping sandwiches!
Original post by Curly A
Not sure whether to put this in a spoiler or not but anyways...

Spoiler

Ah, well in that case Kat will surely just hand the baby back to Ronnie as mel0n said and the story will go on until the Spring. Unless of course Samantha Womack gets more abuse and threats and decides to quit early? :biggrin:
Reply 6010
I do find it annoying that they have this scene in there - I don't see the relevance of it. I mean Ronnie handing the baby back just to take it back again (potentially, if it is STILL ending in April). They should have cut that instead of the funeral scenes grr :colonhash:
Original post by flowermaster91
they shouldve showed shirley,mercy and dot doing a strip tease instead :drool:

Carol/Whitney/Connor weirdness not enough? :p:
Reply 6012
Are they gonna make that Lauren lookalike hook up with Tamwar?
Original post by mel0n

Apparently they cut:

That's ridiculous. It's a bloody soap, people need to stop taking it so personally.
Original post by TulipFields
Carol/Whitney/Connor weirdness not enough? :p:

LOOOL! haha good point, but theres something about shirley that makes me go :sexface: :rofl:
Reply 6015
Shirley reminds me of an owl... :erm:
LOOOL! haha good point, but theres something about shirley that makes me go :sexface: :rofl:

:eek: I'm still waiting for a storyline where we find out she used to be a man. Phil's reaction would be epic :biggrin:

Just watched yesterday and today's episodes, its all too :s-smilie: Who is Poppy? Jody/Poppy scenes seem so out of place, wonder whether the reveal is far sooner than we think :colone:
Original post by mel0n
Shirley reminds me of an owl... :erm:

:rofl2: she does look like a bird coz of her 'beak-like' nose, but theres something about her. Also i have a weird crush on max :lolwut:
Original post by Of_the_hook
:eek: I'm still waiting for a storyline where we find out she used to be a man. Phil's reaction would be epic :biggrin:

Just watched yesterday and today's episodes, its all too :s-smilie: Who is Poppy? Jody/Poppy scenes seem so out of place, wonder whether the reveal is far sooner than we think :colone:

omg i thought that storyline was real for a second :nothing:

they just did it coz they cut out some parts of the funeral storyline, i personally wouldve preferred the grieving scenes then 2 barbies talking about boys

I quite like Shirleys tough act. Although I don't understand what she sees in her beau

Latest