The Student Room Group

White People's Inventions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous 2011

The links I have posted are very recent developments and far more recent than that old national geographic prgramme.
Reply 161
Original post by anttooking
Is that a joke? If it isn't that is both disgusting and ridiculous.

Consider your child, If you say IQ is genetic, your child has a probability of being equally as 'savage' as another person from a different race. You insult in a hideous way your own child. Of course it isn't that simple, but it higlights what an awfull thing you just said.

I think you're misunderstanding the meaning of the word savage. Describing an individual as a savage ascribes more to the person's behaviour, character and culture than his score on an IQ test.

But you know it just so happens that certain population groups are both low in IQ and jungle savages, even when they're taken out of their tropical jungle homeland and placed in an urban jungle like Detroit, Baltimore, Washington DC or Brixton.
Original post by ypo
But you know OP, I don't agree with all these ignorant people here that say Black Africans never created anything. Blacks created lots of things! You have AIDs, the West Nile Virus, Hepatitis, Malaria…

You disgust me
Original post by ypo
I think you're misunderstanding the meaning of the word savage. Describing an individual as a savage ascribes more to the person's behaviour, character and culture than his score on an IQ test.

But you know it just so happens that certain population groups are both low in IQ and jungle savages, even when they're taken out of their tropical jungle homeland and placed in an urban jungle like Detroit, Baltimore, Washington DC or Brixton.

Have you heard of 'standard diviation' ? . You cannot say Asian IQ is XXX, African IQ is YYY ...

They are spread out significantly. The majority of people are in the same zone as far as IQ goes. There means are seperated slightly.

However that is besides the point, You cannot judge someone for being 'less inteligent' than yourself. That is sickening.

Secondly, People are not 'jungle' people. We are all pretty much the same. The reason I cannot hunt and do 'jungle' stuff is cause I dont live in jungle. The reason the 'jungle' guy can't do admin is because he wasn't born in an office. If our roles were reversed everything would be different. Id be a hunter, he'd be an accountant.

The only thing that helps people is there circumstances of birth. You are a nazi if you want to judge people by something thay cannot control
Original post by NigerianStudent
Usually any time I get into a debate with a white person and they see I am getting the better of the debate they will usually pull out two things

1) White People’s Invention And Creations 2) Race and IQ

First off I always find funny that when I point out the bad that whites have done, whites are quick to point out how other people have done it too. Like with the slave trade they quickly point out that Africans and Arabs did it too.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT SUDDENLY MATTERS

But when it comes to the good things, like inventions, white people act like they are the only ones then

HISTORICAL CONTEXT SUDDENLY DOES NOT MATTER

Indeed white people’s inventions And creations and Race and IQ are usually the two main arguments that whites will use to prove how they are the most progressive and advanced of all the races.

White people will talk about there inventions for 3 reason

1. To show that whites are the best regardless of how much racism they have have practised.
2. To change the subject. It is a great way to derail any argument about white racism: blacks hate this argument and will jump on it, quickly forgetting whatever they were talking about before. (I have done this myself)
3. To point out that x would not even be possible without white people. For example, when arguing about how racist a programme is, whites will sometimes try to end the argument by pointing out that it was whites who invented the TV in the first place.

What is wrong with this argument:

If inventions “prove” one part of mankind is better than all the rest, then the Chinese and black people have a way better claim than whites. White people would be nowhere without four Chinese inventions : Gunpowder, The Compass, Paper and the Printing press. Whites rise to world power was built on these.

In fact, before 1500 there were very few white inventions but plenty of Chinese and Egyptian ones.The Egyptians invented civilization itself along with stuff like writing, calendars, irrigation, mining, first to study Math, first to build modern cities and so on.

However I will not deny whites there inventions and a lot of the inventions of the past few hundred years were made by white people. But that is only because they have been on top in that time. If it’s because white ppl are born with more intelligent, then white people would have been on top all throughout history not just a fifth of it. British and American power is fresh in our thoughts, but it’s just the latest chapter in the book of history.

Onto Race and IQ next.

Yeah, racism and discrimination isn't just practiced by white people. And there are many white people (like me!) who's skin crawl with even the thought of racism.

I never use racist words, comments or stereotypes as I think it's highly disgusting and really primitive. There is no need for it. AT ALL.
We don't choose what race or colour we want to be, regardless of it bieng;
black, white, tanned, blue, green...whatever! There is NO place for racism. It's immoral and petty.

You'll also find that a lot of racism even used in this coutry is origionally from other, completely different continents such as South America. If you think this country is bad and still uses/ holds racist views or stereotypes - you haven't seen anything yet. It's not just the white civilisation that holds them, trust me.

Besides, if everyone held the whole view of 'we were historically enslaved' and so one, where would we be? Living in the past. I understand what your saying but look at the Jews. They suffered a huge amount of discrimination; were gassed, tortured, hair shave and put in to concentration camps. So, they have suffered just as much discrimination, if not worse. However, you hardly ever hear any hatred or anything leave them. They live their lives, get on with it and see people around them for who they are NOT what 'their kind' did in the past.

Yes I agree, what happened in the past was wrong, but you'll get no further ahead if you live in it...Comprendes? And besides, a person is seen as an individual NOT a group, and I'm quite annoyed that you'd view people like that to be honest, because I feel as though you are subjecting people to abuse, for something THEY haven't done.

In conclusion...
So really all you are doing is using racism to deffend against racism... you can't really do that. It's a bit contradictory.

------

If you want to live your life ruled by determinist views then you do that. Or you have the choice to 'get over it' and see that there is no one and nothing that can change the past.

- Also, 'America' isn't a country. It's split into continents and I'm pretty sure the South American's wouldn't appreciate the conjoining of the two. They like their independence. :smile:
Reply 165
Have you heard of 'standard diviation' ?

If you're referring to standard deviation, then yes, as a Mathematics graduate, I can confidently say I have heard of it. Would you like me to explain the concept to you?

You cannot say Asian IQ is XXX, African IQ is YYY ...

Why not? If XXX and YYY are the averages I don't see the problem. Adding the standard deviations to the discussion is also fine, but actually all races have about the same SD, which makes talk about simply mean averages more than appropriate. Not to mention the fact that, like most measures of natural features of humans, IQ has a Gaussian distribution, making informed and precise comparisons even more appropriate.

They are spread out significantly. The majority of people are in the same zone as far as IQ goes. There means are seperated slightly.

That is certainly true for some groups. For example Whites and East Asians. Or West Africans and East Africans. However, when comparing, for example Nigerians and the Chinese, the overlap is not all that significant. By Nigerians, of course I mean Nigerian Nigerians, not the cream-of-the-crop Nigerians you find in London and places like NYC and Houston. Assuming a generous average IQ of 70 for Nigerians and a conservative 105 IQ for the Chinese, as well as a standard deviation of 15 for both (which is accurate for the Chinese but actually very generous for the Nigerians), we would see that 99.036% of Nigerians have an IQ below the Chinese average. The average person in China is a peasant. That really doesn't say much for the Nigerian intellect!

Something tells me Stephen Hawking should give up his search for an African Einstein...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 166
Original post by speedbird
You disgust me

Well then let's hear all the great inventions these Black African geniuses have given us over the centuries.
Reply 167
What the hell is it with people and race on this forum?
It doesn't mean anything AT ALL, we're all human. Get over it.
Reply 168
Original post by dennisthe3rd
What's the problem did white man shagg your girlfriend?

no, the white man (GFs dad) tried to prevent him from shagging his gf
Reply 169
Usually any time I get into a debate with a white person and they see I am getting the better of the debate they will usually pull out two things

First off I always find funny that when I point out the bad that whites have done, whites are quick to point out how other people have done it too. Like with the slave trade they quickly point out that Africans and Arabs did it too.

But when it comes to the good things, like inventions, white people act like they are the only ones then

Indeed white people’s inventions And creations and Race and IQ are usually the two main arguments that whites will use to prove how they are the most progressive and advanced of all the races.

1. To show that whites are the best regardless of how much racism they have have practised.
2. To change the subject. It is a great way to derail any argument about white racism: blacks hate this argument and will jump on it, quickly forgetting whatever they were talking about before. (I have done this myself)
3. To point out that x would not even be possible without white people. For example, when arguing about how racist a programme is, whites will sometimes try to end the argument by pointing out that it was whites who invented the TV in the first place.

If inventions “prove” one part of mankind is better than all the rest, then the Chinese and black people have a way better claim than whites. White people would be nowhere without four Chinese inventions : Gunpowder, The Compass, Paper and the Printing press. Whites rise to world power was built on these.

In fact, before 1500 there were very few white inventions but plenty of Chinese and Egyptian ones.The Egyptians invented civilization itself along with stuff like writing, calendars, irrigation, mining, first to study Math, first to build modern cities and so on.

However I will not deny whites there inventions and a lot of the inventions of the past few hundred years were made by white people. But that is only because they have been on top in that time. If it’s because white ppl are born with more intelligent, then white people would have been on top all throughout history not just a fifth of it. British and American power is fresh in our thoughts, but it’s just the latest chapter in the book of history.

Onto Race and IQ next.

why the hostility, especially when white men invented fufu! :smile:
Reply 170
Original post by MJOwen
What the hell is it with people and race on this forum?
It doesn't mean anything AT ALL, we're all human. Get over it.

Well, you know with respect to gorillas, we're all primates. With respect to whales, we're all mammals. With respect to rats, we're all vertebrates. Hell, if you go back far enough you can claim a genetic connection to yeast cells! What's your point?
Reply 171
Britain, Britain, Britain!... Land of technological achievement! We've had running water for over ten years, an underground tunnel that links us to Peru and we invented the cat!

Britain is the cultural capital of the world. The Sistene Chapel: British. Mozart's Requiem: British. The Great Wall of China: British.

But really...

Internet, Electricity, Tanks (although iron-armoured moveable shells were made in early china, but not powered by an engine!), Europe, North America

The list goes on.
Reply 172
Original post by Van Grall
Britain, Britain, Britain!... Land of technological achievement! We've had running water for over ten years, an underground tunnel that links us to Peru and we invented the cat!

Britain is the cultural capital of the world. The Sistene Chapel: British. Mozart's Requiem: British. The Great Wall of China: British.

But really...

Internet, Electricity, Tanks (although iron-armoured moveable shells were made in early china, but not powered by an engine!), Europe, North America

The list goes on.

Right. Now where do Black, and specifically Black African, civilizations fit into all this?
Reply 173
black people invented spears and mud huts whites just got owned
Reply 174
Original post by Jacktri
black people invented spears and mud huts whites just got owned

Haha it was Black people that were owned. Literally!

Onto Race and IQ next.

You know what? I actually took the time to read all that. But the part where you said 'math'...Well you lost all my respect then.

What do you want, a cool story badge? Idiot.
Reply 176
Original post by ypo
Haha it was Black people that were owned. Literally!

haha very good
Original post by Broderss
But we need equality and diversity because that it what is right. How can we promote either if we don't let any ethnic minorities any chance in this world? If it's all unfair for them we will not have any equality.

So without positive discrimination ethnic minorities have now chance in 'this world'?

It's unfair to judge them the same as everybody else?

How interesting.
Original post by ypo
Well then let's hear all the great inventions these Black African geniuses have given us over the centuries.

Sure, whites have contributed a lot to science and innovation.

Happy now ?

But at the same time, 99.999% of whites have contributed nothing either. And 99.999% of blacks haven’t and 99.99% of asians haven't either. If your going to judge human beings by inventions then most whites, blacks and Asians are worthless. By the way, those numbers are simply conjectural of course to illustrate a point. Inventions don’t so much as prove intelligence but more to the point they show who is on top. Northern European whites have been on top for 500 years, so of course most inventions are going to be coming from them and plus they get to write history which shows them as being on top.

When a white person comes out with a great invention, it is because he is white. But when he is a serial killer, it is just him. However historical context is everything. If you look at the Dark Age and Medieval times in European history, many innovators were given a hard time, Galileo for example. If Europeans as a whole were such innovators, they would have embraced these innovative people instead of persecuting them. Given what I know of European history. It was when they began to notice the benefits of these inventions that they began to appreciate the innovators. They were no longer seen as being in league with the devil or being witches. The leap in logic occurs when they indirectly take credit for these inventions by virtue of being white, whereas before this same people were reviled.

The latest inventions tend to seem to be the greatest. Since we live in a period where whites are on top, most inventions will be coming from them. That does not prove that whites are better just that we live in a period of history where they are on top. The lead is constantly changing hands. Also keep in mind that there are few inventions that are “purely” white. Take this comment for example. It depends on the Internet and computers white inventions. But it also depends on the alphabet, a Phoenician invention, and the idea of writing itself, which in the West comes from Egypt.

The next time one of those ‘people’ says anything about the Internet, I will simply mention the name Philip Emagwali. Philip Emagali is a Nigerian and the father of Super computers.

http://www.time.com/time/2007/blackhistmth/bios/04.html

Without him, computers would not talk to each other the way they do and the internet as we know it would not exist.

Most of Western European scientific discoveries were copies of the original discoveries of Africans. These discoveries and inventions were and are merely improvements on ancient discoveries made by Africans Blacks. Therefore, even if people of European origins have made improvements in ancient technologies and ancient inventions, such as rocketry, computer technology, aerodynamics and others, the basic mathematical formulas and ancient prototypes were invented by Africans.

SERIOUS White historians know these facts very well they also know that to tell the truth would reveal the dominate position of the Blackman in the bronze-age. Serious white historians know they were barbarians when the foundation of world civilization was built by black men. Few western historians will tell the full story of man's racial history to do so would challenge the Aryan model of history so deeply ingrained in western culture. One fact I will emphasize again and again is that Serious White historians are NOT ignorant of the truth about black history and in many cases they confirm it themselves.
(edited 13 years ago)

Without him, computers would not talk to each other[...]

You've confused me with all this science jargon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending