The Student Room Group

Girls- if it was socially acceptable for you to walk around topless... (POLL)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It is sexist, plain and simple. The only reason is because of western society's bizarre boob fetish, and the fallacy that your natural body is inherently sexual.

It's just an anachronistic relic of our past repressive and sexist Victorian morality.

Original post by MovingOn
Nah, I wouldn't. Firstly because my body is for me and my man to see only, and secondly let's face it, there would be no end of unwanted attention.

You sound like you'd be better off in Saudi Arabia.

Exactly the same reason you used is given by husbands to force their women to wear burkhas. I guess you haven't really embraced the idea that we're equal.
Reply 41
No. Some minority Islamic group would say there were offended by it, and women who did it would be given fines, and slapped with criminal records for inciting racial hatred.

EDIT: This forum is just a space for pseudo-liberals. You all know what I mean by this, and you all know it's true. You neg me because you have no legitimate way of answering it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Too cold and no support
i would! bra's are not comfy
LOL so hard right now.
Reply 45
I don't know about you, but whenever I see a guy walking around in public without a shirt on, I immediately think that he's an arrogant prick.
No. Bras give support and keep your boobs looking firmer for longer. Saggy boobs? No thanks, I think I'll pass :smile:
Reply 47
to be honest i wouldn't want to see that. I love breasts but not when it's displayed 24/7, generally lose interest after an hour if it stays out, lol. Not all boobs are nice to look at and it's quite unsexy tbh
Reply 48
Original post by Evangelica
No. Bras give support and keep your boobs looking firmer for longer. Saggy boobs? No thanks, I think I'll pass :smile:

Seeing as firm boobs are only considered ideal in our society, which is used to bras, that probably wouldn't be much of an issue after some time. Maybe saggy boobs would even turn into the new ideal.
So yeah, I'd probably give it a try at least.
I f***ing LOVE this thread. If I ever become Prime Minister this law is FIRST on my list :ahee:
Original post by Uneschka

Original post by Uneschka
Seeing as firm boobs are only considered ideal in our society, which is used to bras, that probably wouldn't be much of an issue after some time. Maybe saggy boobs would even turn into the new ideal.
So yeah, I'd probably give it a try at least.

Hahaha that's an interesting point, but still I personally don't like it. I wouldn't mind walking around in a bikini top.
Original post by BradP
I would rather they walk in a pair of these

But they'll overheat in the sun and burn your sacred temples :nooo:
Original post by Lewroll
If it was socially acceptable for you to walk around topless in public, would you?

I'm a man. I can walk around topless when its hot outside, or when I'm wrestling or when I want to show someone my nipples. Girls can't do that.

Women have equal rights, so in my opinion, girls should be allowed to walk around topless if they want to.

This is not a pervy thread, this is serious. In many societies on earth women walk around topless...

In France on a beach it is fine (don't see it in the UK much though, well I don't), also in the cafes near the beach too (although at owners discretion). Personally I'd have no problem if a woman wanted to walk around topless... I welcome it :colondollar:

Hell yeah for Equal Rights :tongue:
lollollol
Reply 54
Original post by Lewroll
If it was socially acceptable for you to walk around topless in public, would you?

I'm a man. I can walk around topless when its hot outside, or when I'm wrestling or when I want to show someone my nipples. Girls can't do that.

Women have equal rights, so in my opinion, girls should be allowed to walk around topless if they want to.

This is not a pervy thread, this is serious. In many societies on earth women walk around topless...

LOL oh Lewroll :rofl:

To answer the question...no, because I have big boobs and it would be painful.
(edited 13 years ago)
Considering I get harrassed when I'm wearing clothes, I'm gonna say no.
Reply 56
Well when I am on a topless or nudist beach I have them out so I suppose if it was acceptable I may get them out but I don't think it would be practical. I mean walking around without support would be annoying and painful after a while. They get in the way enough as it is lol I would certainly go topless if in a park relaxing etc if it was acceptable though.

Plus I don't like it when lads walk around without tops on. Seems a bit trashy/brutish to me tbh

Oh and plus I really don't think lads would be all up for it when it comes to fat, scruffy and old people lol
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
I don't see why not.

It bothers me that I can't anyway sometimes. If only it wasn't seen as such as a massively sexualised and controversial thing.
Original post by Lewroll

Original post by Lewroll

Would you really want to see OLD PEOPLES TITS?! :eek:
Original post by rosee92
It would ache after a while, your boobs wouldn't have any support, walking downstairs without a bra is bad enough!

The bra wasn't invented for millennia, what did people do before then? Surely if you didn't wear one your muscles would adapt?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending