The Student Room Group

Sex before marriage is always wrong.

Scroll to see replies

The first time I had sex, a fanfare began to play in the background and light started to shine out of my vagina. When we joined, our bodies floated into the air and sparkles began to fall from the sky and I was startled to see a halo appear above my partners head.

In all seriousness, what is the big deal some people have over sex? Seriously, get a grip.
Marriage is always wrong. As for the sex thing, I do what I want, when I want. That statement is moronic. People are free to follow it, but I never will
Reply 162
Original post by Djordje
Well obviously sex with a hooker ain't good, but having sex with your partner can be nothing but pleasure.

An hour of pleasure Vs. a life time of hell looking after a child or coping with knowing you had an abortion? Hardly nothing but pleasure. Trust me, when the scare comes you'll be thinking 'O ****, o ****, o ****, why didn't I just keep my dick in my pants'.
Reply 163
Original post by Elipsis
An hour of pleasure Vs. a life time of hell looking after a child or coping with knowing you had an abortion? Hardly nothing but pleasure. Trust me, when the scare comes you'll be thinking 'O ****, o ****, o ****, why didn't I just keep my dick in my pants'.

Pills and condoms = no unplanned kids.
Anyone who voted "agree" is stupid. There's nothing morally wrong about sex before marriage, nor does marriage make a quantifiable difference to the capability of a couple to have sex without moral repercussions.

Another argument for the "disagree"... would you condemn all homosexual people for having sex, seeing as they can't get married in 99%+ of cases (if so you are backward and homophobic, btw)? Also, what do you think of a co-habiting couple that has been together for 5+ years? Is it wrong for them to have sex just because that was the cultural belief 2000 years ago?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 165
Original post by Djordje

Not many people use both. Most rely on one, and a lot of people get failures.
Reply 166
Original post by Elipsis
Not many people use both. Most rely on one, and a lot of people get failures.

And there's always a facial to finish of if one can get it out on time.
Reply 167
Sex after marriage is always wrong.
Discuss
Reply 168
Original post by Djordje
And there's always a facial to finish of if one can get it out on time.

? lol.
Reply 169
Original post by Elipsis

? lol.

I LOLd on that :smile:
I could care less. Who is to say sex before marriage is wrong? Let people do what they want to do; as long as they are aware of the consequences of having sex. IE, having to support a baby or abort it.
Reply 171
Not having sex before marriage is impractical and unrealistic in this day and age. The whole concept of marriage has little or no relevance.

Come on people, this is the 21st century let's be realistic here.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 172
Original post by Elipsis

Well actually, no, raising children isn't 'hell' , your quite an ignorant idiot arent you (:.
Same reason that the Law states that a broken condom does not equate to a law suite, the child that has been produced is in no way a burden on the parents, it should be looked at like a blessing, just because your ignorant mind thinks it is a bad thing doesnt mean others do.

Original post by Djordje

Someone needs to go back to a simple sex ed class.
Reply 173
Original post by Tommyjw
Well actually, no, raising children isn't 'hell' , your quite an ignorant idiot arent you (:.
Same reason that the Law states that a broken condom does not equate to a law suite, the child that has been produced is in no way a burden on the parents, it should be looked at like a blessing, just because your ignorant mind thinks it is a bad thing doesnt mean others do.

I didn't say raising children for everyone is hell. It's not even hell for all teenagers/young adults who fall into the trap. But for most it is. Having planned children would be a far more pleasurable experience for me and most people. What's with the touchy response?
Reply 174
Original post by Tommyjw

in my country, there are no sex ed classes.
Reply 175
I would disagree, but that doesn't make it always right either.
Disagree if both people want it.
The notion that it is, is based on religion; religious facts are open to interpretation per individual and can be falsified too, arguably.

Good thing Britain doesn't follow that dogma strictly though (you get 'the talk' in class at a fairly young age now). :P
Reply 177
Original post by GwrxVurfer
Why is it relevant what century it is?

It's up to the individuals. Realistically, there's no reason why people can't acknowledge the "no sex before marriage" principle. After all, if that is their belief, who the hell are you to tell them any different? Also, people who don't believe in it can have sex before marriage, but as I've said it's an individual choice. There's no right or wrong answer.

It is an individual choice, but the choice not to have sex before marriage is one that was valued in the Victorian era when women were expected to be virgins and meek, submissive housewives whose rights were equal to those of children - not when women have equal rights and employment opportunities and free access to birth control. Sex is an important part of most people's relationships, so committing to someone for the rest of your life (unreasonable in itself if you ask me) is irrational if you don't even know whether you'll be sexually compatible.
Reply 178
Original post by GwrxVurfer
There's a lot of principles that we had in the Victorian era that we also hold on to now. And it really is an individual choice.

A devout Christian couple will most probably believe in no sex before marriage. An Atheist couple will probably believe it's fine to have sex before marriage. Given that we are supposed to be a free society where all people are free to have different beliefs, I don't think any of these couples should be criticized. There is no right answer.

I believe that sex before marriage is fine, but I don't criticize those who disagree.

Most Christian couples would probably not hold onto that tradition nowadays.

I do believe in a free society and I have always believed that the sex lives of consenting adults is nobody's business, I don't think I have given an impression to the contrary. I simply expressed my belief that it's silly in this day and age.
Original post by wactm
Even religous people should see the flaw in their argument that it is wrong? I'm pretty sure Adam and Eve couldnt get married yet they had sex?

hurr durr

I can see you have no idea what you're talking about. Adam and Eve existed in Eden before the covenant of marriage was formed, so there was no such thing as adultery, fornication, sodomy, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending