The Student Room Group

OCR A: Modelling the Universe

Hey everyone,

To anyone who's doing the OCR A Physics A2 course, do you have any ideas/ suggestions on what sort of questions may come up from this module? In particular questions on 'describing the principal components of the universe'?
It seems a little vague on the syllabus, do you think it will just require regurgitating definitions of stars and so on?

Any suggestions would be great, merci mille fois :smile:
Original post by OmegaPhoenix
Hey everyone,

To anyone who's doing the OCR A Physics A2 course, do you have any ideas/ suggestions on what sort of questions may come up from this module? In particular questions on 'describing the principal components of the universe'?
It seems a little vague on the syllabus, do you think it will just require regurgitating definitions of stars and so on?

Any suggestions would be great, merci mille fois :smile:

Perhaps talking about the life of stars?
Cosmological principle and relate that to how we think its a flat universe?

Maybe add a bit of Olber's paradox and relate that to it being static? Im really not sure, is it a question on a past paper?
Reply 2
Thanks Right Guard :smile: It's relating to the exam for this unit on 21st June this year, but there are only a couple of past papers and the new syllabus includes a part which requires you to 'describe the principal components of the Universe.'
I've never seen anything like that on past papers so I was just wandering if anyone had ideas as to what they might ask. Thanks for the other suggestions too :smile:
Im doing this paper too.

There are plenty of legacy papers though, but its annoying when they have a new spec.

Im redoing Newtonian World aswell :'(
Reply 4
I know, it's just a matter of searching through the papers for relevant questions, it's not really too bad, just trying to be as prepared as possible :smile: I hope your re-sit goes well, they were tricky exams in January!

Quick Reply

Latest