The Student Room Group

Ocr a level law predictions 2023

Hi everyone, how’s everyone feeling for the upcoming Law exams? Does anyone have predictions of what might possibly come up? I really want intoxication or consent to come up for the evaluation question!!

Scroll to see replies

Thread moved to law study help <- check out the forum to find more threads about OCR A Level
Reply 2
Original post by Hellothere986515
Hi everyone, how’s everyone feeling for the upcoming Law exams? Does anyone have predictions of what might possibly come up? I really want intoxication or consent to come up for the evaluation question!!

hey, honestly I really hope self defence comes up for evaluation or non fatal offences. how are you feeling for paper 3?
Do u think self defence will come up as that came up on the last years paper. So I think there are less chances of that coming up but who knows. No, not a NFO evaluation essay!! I don’t feel that confident in an NFO essay tbh lol that’s why I want intoxication or consent to come up. Tbh I’m not feeling very confident for paper 3 as that’s my weakest paper and contract law, that’s so difficult!! What about you? How confident are you for paper 3 and how much content have you covered so far? :smile:

Original post by Mandxca
hey, honestly I really hope self defence comes up for evaluation or non fatal offences. how are you feeling for paper 3?
Reply 4
Do u think self defence will come up as that came up on the last years paper. So I think there are less chances of that coming up but who knows. No, not a NFO evaluation essay!! I don’t feel that confident in an NFO essay tbh lol that’s why I want intoxication or consent to come up. Tbh I’m not feeling very confident for paper 3 as that’s my weakest paper and contract law, that’s so difficult!! What about you? How confident are you for paper 3 and how much content have you covered so far? :smile:

I did OCR law last year, Self defense came up so no chance it will come up this year. So i hope its either intoxication or consent. Theft, burglary and diminished manslaughter came last year so this year they ask about duress and intoxication. I'm retaking this year for personal reasons but I sure hope duress and intoxication does not come up lol. I have all model evaluation answers for intoxication and OAPA so im very confident on getting 20/20 on the evaluation.
Original post by annaramon
I did OCR law last year, Self defense came up so no chance it will come up this year. So i hope its either intoxication or consent. Theft, burglary and diminished manslaughter came last year so this year they ask about duress and intoxication. I'm retaking this year for personal reasons but I sure hope duress and intoxication does not come up lol. I have all model evaluation answers for intoxication and OAPA so im very confident on getting 20/20 on the evaluation.

Yh that’s what I was thinking. If the evaluation is intoxication or consent that would be AMAZING!! I really hope an NFO evaluation doesn’t come up tho. Yh if you have the model answers, you’ll defo get the high marks. Anyways how you feeling about paper 2 and 3. Tbh I feel like I’m really underprepared for paper 3 especially contract law :frown: What came up for the evaluation last year for paper 2and 3? If you can remember please do let us know :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Yh that’s what I was thinking. If the evaluation is intoxication or consent that would be AMAZING!! I really hope an NFO evaluation doesn’t come up tho. Yh if you have the model answers, you’ll defo get the high marks. Anyways how you feeling about paper 2 and 3. Tbh I feel like I’m really underprepared for paper 3 especially contract law :frown: What came up for the evaluation last year for paper 2and 3? If you can remember please do let us know :smile:

for Paper 2 it's the same old question on golden rule and literal rule. It could be of the two. Also just memorise the A01 for the case questions. My teacher told us to brain dump all the info and then try to apply it to the case given to us. As for evaluation, it could be negligence or employment liability —either of the two lol. For paper 3, morality. Just memorise a model answer for evaluation of morality.

As for offer and acceptance in contract law I recommend the the same thing. Brain dump all the info, the meaning of the word and refer to cases it will give you an easy 8-10 marks. Then follow what u wrote and try to apply to scenario. Your brain dump is likea guide to apply to these scenarios. Memorise meaning of unilateral or bilateral, offer meaning of what is acceptance you could dig a 15 mark at least which is good. For the final evaluation I don't remember sorry! 😔
Reply 7

Do u want to speak to me through social media? Dm your insta if you have it. I will share model answers with you.
Reply 8
Can you share them to me too. Would gmail be okay? Thank you
Reply 9
Do u want to speak to me through social media? Dm your insta if you have it. I will share model answers with you.

Reply 10
does anyone have model answers for contract law? that is the one that I am most struggling with right now.
Reply 11
Original post by 10bo01

Yeh you can DM me ur email if you want
Reply 12
What came up for the evaluation last year for paper 2and 3?

last year's evaluations were:
p1 - self defence
p2 - OLA
p3 - formation
Reply 13
Hey, how do you guys memorise the MR for non-fatal? for some reason I can only remember the definition and AR and MR for only s47 and S18 but not for s39 and 20

Thank you so much for your tips!!!! Will defo be trying those out :smile: Yh sure I’ll inbox you my Instagram @ and then we’ll talk from there!!
Reply 15

sorry for replying so late!! but I've done so much revision on consent, I'll be happy if that came up. but yes self defence came up last year so I doubt it will come up again, but it could always come up as a scenario question! but same im not confident on paper 3 either, are you guys doing contract law? how is contract law, my school is doing human rights. but I've done decent amount of revision, for evaluation questions I have intoxication left, what about you
Original post by josssebae
Hey, how do you guys memorise the MR for non-fatal? for some reason I can only remember the definition and AR and MR for only s47 and S18 but not for s39 and 20

s39 for common assault is direct intent (mohan) & recklessness (cunningham)
s20 will depend on if its gbh or wounding
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by josssebae
s39 for common assault is direct intent (mohan)
Original post by Mandxca

Tbh I don’t think self defence evaluation is going to come up as it came last year however Non fatal offence evaluation is very likely to come up as it hasn’t came up yet
Original post by Mandxca
sorry for replying so late!! but I've done so much revision on consent, I'll be happy if that came up. but yes self defence came up last year so I doubt it will come up again, but it could always come up as a scenario question! but same im not confident on paper 3 either, are you guys doing contract law? how is contract law, my school is doing human rights. but I've done decent amount of revision, for evaluation questions I have intoxication left, what about you

Yh if consent came up, that would be great!! The my collage is doing contract law. Tbh I’m personally not that confident with contract law as I truly find it extremely complicated to understand. For evalaiatuon questions I only have NFO left to learn and that’s pretty much it. What do topics do u think will come up for section A for paper 1? Also how you finding section A of paper 3 (nature of law)! If anyone has model answers for Law and Morality/justice/society please don’t hesitate to send them over!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending