The Student Room Group

Study buddy for a levels

Hiya, im new to the forum and im looking for some study buddies for a levels.

Currentky im doing bio, chem, phys. so anyone out there look for a buddy im here lol.

Little about me
- Currently in Barbados
- Loves to study
- Big F1 fan and anything motorsport
(im gonna stop rambling)

But yeah, if you interested just let me know. like your willing to put in some hours of work. byeee
Original post by lyrical-overlay
Hiya, im new to the forum and im looking for some study buddies for a levels.

Currentky im doing bio, chem, phys. so anyone out there look for a buddy im here lol.

Little about me
- Currently in Barbados
- Loves to study
- Big F1 fan and anything motorsport
(im gonna stop rambling)

But yeah, if you interested just let me know. like your willing to put in some hours of work. byeee

I'm looking to later fo chem and physics, so let me know if interested.

Which exam boards are you with?
Original post by MindMax2000
I'm looking to later fo chem and physics, so let me know if interested.

Which exam boards are you with?

In Barbados, we do CAPE which I think is the equivalence of CIE.
In Barbados, we do CAPE which I think is the equivalence of CIE.

I suppose we can still bounce ideas off each other if they overlap (A Levels are still A Levels irrespective of which exam boards they are). I'm looking into the OCR A and AQA specifications (haven't decided which to take just yet) because I am based in the UK.
I suppose we can still bounce ideas off each other if they overlap (A Levels are still A Levels irrespective of which exam boards they are). I'm looking into the OCR A and AQA specifications (haven't decided which to take just yet) because I am based in the UK.

Yeah i agree we can. It's strange to me that you guys pick which one to do, you only have one choice lol. But usually AQA seems to the spec that I mostly look at for revision online.
Yeah i agree we can. It's strange to me that you guys pick which one to do, you only have one choice lol. But usually AQA seems to the spec that I mostly look at for revision online.

Well strictly speaking, the college decides for us. However, I am doing courses via online colleges, so I am free to pick which ever course fits my preference should the colleges offer it for the specific exam board.

AQA is said to be the most difficult for sciences, which is one of the reasons why I am considering looking into OCR A. I always had good experiences with AQA and their formatting has always been good for subjects across the board.
Well strictly speaking, the college decides for us. However, I am doing courses via online colleges, so I am free to pick which ever course fits my preference should the colleges offer it for the specific exam board.

AQA is said to be the most difficult for sciences, which is one of the reasons why I am considering looking into OCR A. I always had good experiences with AQA and their formatting has always been good for subjects across the board.

ah i understand. You know where you are looking to go/do after all of this?
ah i understand. You know where you are looking to go/do after all of this?

A joint degree in 2 of the sciences. I want to go into innovative research, which can possibly mean looking into engineering as well.

How about you? Are you looking to go into medicine? Doing all 3 sciences can keep a lot of options open (it's a shame you don't have maths though)
A joint degree in 2 of the sciences. I want to go into innovative research, which can possibly mean looking into engineering as well.

How about you? Are you looking to go into medicine? Doing all 3 sciences can keep a lot of options open (it's a shame you don't have maths though)

Oh no i am doing maths lol. But probably medicine if I do works out. But is it bad that I'm now looking into engineering only because I realize I could slot physics in there.
Oh no i am doing maths lol. But probably medicine if I do works out. But is it bad that I'm now looking into engineering only because I realize I could slot physics in there.

No it's not bad. It's just difficult to say do both medicine and engineering.

I am not entirely sure what it's like in Barbados, but it's very expensive to fund for a second bachelor's after getting funding for the first degree. You also can't really do a postgrad in engineering with an undergrad in medicine as far as I know.

I don’t know if you will find this useful but I think the main difference between OCR and AQA A level science exams is that OCR has a bit more content to learn than AQA because AQA has an essay question at the end of paper 3 worth quite a lot of marks. You’ll get asked a really broad question like what is the importance of Proteins.
But I’ve never seen OCR papers so maybe they are easier than AQA anyways
Original post by Celeste_S4633
I don’t know if you will find this useful but I think the main difference between OCR and AQA A level science exams is that OCR has a bit more content to learn than AQA because AQA has an essay question at the end of paper 3 worth quite a lot of marks. You’ll get asked a really broad question like what is the importance of Proteins.
But I’ve never seen OCR papers so maybe they are easier than AQA anyways

Thanks for that. It's interesting to get more insight into this. How are you finding the syllabus by the way and which sicence subjects are you doing other than Biology?

One of the reasons why I am doing the sciences, is because I am usually better giving short and concise answers and tackling mathematical/modelling quaestions as opposed to essays.
No it's not bad. It's just difficult to say do both medicine and engineering.

I am not entirely sure what it's like in Barbados, but it's very expensive to fund for a second bachelor's after getting funding for the first degree. You also can't really do a postgrad in engineering with an undergrad in medicine as far as I know.

Both is a stretch, but ill choose one that's for sure. But for right now the focus is on studying for a levels .

Quick Reply

Latest