The Student Room Group

Mobile Suit Gundam Metaseries Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vin
:s-smilie: Somone on facebook was talking about watching star dust memory and that it was good but no zeta. I wanted to say I preferred it to zeta becuse it didnt have any stupid young people making idiotic decisions and was cool and all since it was like gundam top gun ...also gato is :cool:

walking straight into a federation base and stealing a gundam with ease:awesome:

Stardust Memory managed to divide opinions at Aberanime too; apparently it was shown before I came to uni, and was so popular the committee decided to show it again a couple of years later (my first year).

I only went to a few of the screenings part way through the series, because they showed it on a Monday and I usually went to card society, but it seemed alright even if I didn't really know what was happening. :o: But the moment it came on at least half the members walked out, leaving just the committee, myself and about two other guys. :s: A lot of them waited outside the room on DS/laptops, and came back in just as Stardust Memories ended so they could watch the next show, disrespectful tards. :pierre:
Reply 21
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Stardust Memory managed to divide opinions at Aberanime too; apparently it was shown before I came to uni, and was so popular the committee decided to show it again a couple of years later (my first year).

I only went to a few of the screenings part way through the series, because they showed it on a Monday and I usually went to card society, but it seemed alright even if I didn't really know what was happening. :o: But the moment it came on at least half the members walked out, leaving just the committee, myself and about two other guys. :s: A lot of them waited outside the room on DS/laptops, and came back in just as Stardust Memories ended so they could watch the next show, disrespectful tards. :pierre:

:eyebrow: I dont really see what part of it people could have that much of a problem with :s-smilie:

it all starts off ordinarily enough but built up to something of a great scale like in one of the big main series despite being much much shorter:love:
Reply 22
Stardust Memory was a great series :yes: Plus it had that fantastic 2nd OP (that I like to randomly sing when drunk)

Reply 23
Original post by caraniel

Stardust Memory was a great series :yes: Plus it had that fantastic 2nd OP (that I like to randomly sing when drunk)

I liked them both :yep: the soundtrack had a great early 90s/80s charm to it :giggle:

oh yeah that reminds me ...zeta had none of that :huff: unless Jerrid's hairstyle counts
Reply 24

It's a requirement of sorts to have seen Gundam 0079 and 0080: War in the Pocket to fully comprehend and appreciate this OVA series. I'm assuming those who left hadn't and/or are adverse to the Gundam of old.
Reply 25
I remember wing as a child, rewatched them all recently and they were awesome. Best line, Hiro to Relena at the start of the series, for little reason, "I'm going to kill you"
Reply 26
Original post by Samrout
I remember wing as a child, rewatched them all recently and they were awesome. Best line, Hiro to Relena at the start of the series, for little reason, "I'm going to kill you"

Quite a memorable scene, if not particularly interesting. :giggle:
Reply 27
Original post by Aiko
Quite a memorable scene, if not particularly interesting. :giggle:

Hi, buddy the elf here, what's your favourite gundam?
Reply 28
Original post by Samrout
Hi, buddy the elf here, what's your favourite gundam?

If you're referring to unit, it's extremely difficult. Offhand, it's probably a tossup between Dendrobium Stamen, Sinanju and the Alpha Azieru. More recently, the Banshee. I'll admit to liking the Strike Freedom as well. :tongue:
Reply 29
Igloo isnt particularly good :erm: the characters are very bland but its nice to see some zaku action :drool: ...ok its only like 5% of the OVA :s: and the first one showed char's zaku:zomg: so you thought there'd be more ...but no he just appeared gave a morse code message and then it ended :hmpf: and he didnt show up again.:dry:

in a way the characters are just too overdramatic to be believable at times:mmm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
:zomg: Theres a model kit of a red Rx-78 :zomg: char pilots it in a ps2 game set in an alternate reality.

Reply 31
watched the first ep of ZZ Gundam :indiff: "This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime "... and so on :wtf:

I liked the recap of UC events so far but these new guys... oh the poor Argama to be plundered by these silly children :sad:

...such an irritating OP :indiff:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
Onto the third ep ...this axis/zeon guy with the rose is sparkling :lolwut: ...so many roses in this flashback with Haman :mmm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by vin
watched the first ep of ZZ Gundam :indiff: "This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime This is not an anime "... and so on :wtf:

I liked the recap of UC events so far but these new guys... oh the poor Argama to be plundered by these silly children :sad:

...such an irritating OP :indiff:

Many Gundam UC fans like to think ZZ-Gundam doesn't exist (I know ghostlighting in particular hates the series with a fiery passion). Its not a great series if you attempt to take it seriously, best advice is to just laugh at it - otherwise you will hurt your brain XD
Reply 34

Many Gundam UC fans like to think ZZ-Gundam doesn't exist (I know ghostlighting in particular hates the series with a fiery passion). Its not a great series if you attempt to take it seriously, best advice is to just laugh at it - otherwise you will hurt your brain XD

I think that opening was a big hint i shouldnt take it seriously :giggle: a friend asked whether it was supposed to be a joke and i told him its supposed to be more enjoyable if you assume it is :mmm:

this 4th ep was pretty stupid :mmm: the blue guy attempting to flirt with fa :lolwut:

I like how this one zeon/axis guy seems to realise how stupid everyone is :laugh:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
up to ep 10 of zz now Im gonna be honest, since im taking this as a joke it's not too bad :mmm: This Mashyre guy is a prat.:laugh:
Reply 36
ep 13 ...these kids are a bunch of idiots :indiff:
Reply 37
ok ep 21 of zz gundam and now things have finally got serious:s-smilie:

Spoiler

Reply 38
havnt really watched much of zz lately, what free time I did have was taken up by one piece... up to ep 32 and the tone is very much serious now ...but I dont really care for much of it :/ those early "comedy" eps didnt do much good:no:
I'm hoping to start on Victory soon - AJ passed it on to me, which is why I'd go with that rather than '79. Any comments? :3 Do people like that one?

Previously - and I can't believe there's an oldschool thing that I've seen more of than AJ, but then again, Aberanime's History of Mech was sort of my project - I've seen Wing, 08th MS Team, War in the Pocket and Turn A. I guess I'd probably say I thought War in the Pocket was the most enjoyable out of the four, though for the simple fact that Turn A is longer and more complex, I'd call myself more of a fan of that. Also, come on, Yoko Kanno, an upbeat theme, Little House on the Prarie stylings and oodles of crossdressing. I don't get why that one gets so little love. :P

- Pips

Quick Reply

Latest