The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is zoophilia condemned and homosexuality not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tefhel
Animals can't consent, the end.
You can't ask an animal "Can I have sex with you?" and for them to understand what that means and entails and say Yes. The same reason paedophilia isn't accepted, because pre-pubescent children cannot consent to sex either.

What about a pubescent child? (Like me).
Reply 41
An animal cannot initiate sex with a human. The human is the one that puts the animal into the situation. Bestiality is known to have deleterious side effects and in many cases leads to death. It is inherently harmful.
Reply 42
If you give the animal the choice ( you bend over, let it do its thing), I'm fairly certain you can count that as consent from the animal.

And a child can consent to sex, does that make it right?
Original post by im so academic
Again, what about children? They can give consent.

I'm a child.

A talking horse?

(I'm not attracted to animals).

No they can't. The age of consent is 16. Before then they aren't considered mature enough to give consent, even though they are far more capable than most sheep I've met.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Fusilero
Animals don't have the intellectual capacity to give consent, same with children.

:mad:

What if I wanted to have sex with an older male that I truly like? What the ****?
Original post by imperial maniac
Why is this?

I am not talking about animals being forced to mate with humans, rather an intimate sexual relationship between both partners, to which both have consented in their own way and in which neither party is harmed.

It just seems like a double standard to me, I don't understand either zoophilia or homosexuality. The arguments for homosexuality and the arguments for zoophilia appear to be fairly similar. Yet one is outright condemned and the other is accepted as normal behaviour.

1. Both parties involved are consenting adults.

2. Both zoophilia and homosexuality are a sexuality, rather than a fetish.

3. Both involve an intimate relationship.

4. Both occur in nature.

5. Neither can result in offspring.

Thoughts? I don't even know why this came across my mind, I guess this is what happens when I do too much procrastinating.

Please note: I am not a troll, BNP supporter, a homophobe or a Zoophile, I am a student trying to have a sensible discussion and understand the logic behind people's opinions.

well how do you get the animals consent? answer is you cant. even if they did it willingly you still cant prove it in anyway. your anatomy is different, you're whole mental state is completely different from an animals, it would be usery -_- the ethics of it are unjustifiable
Because an animal can't talk to show it agrees with it! AND ITS DISGUSTING!!
Reply 47
Original post by Harry.C
If you give the animal the choice ( you bend over, let it do its thing), I'm fairly certain you can count that as consent from the animal.

And a child can consent to sex, does that make it right?

Children aren't adults while animals you're having sex with can be adults.

On a related note, what right does the state have to forbid zoophilia? The main argument beyond consent seems to be a vague notion of disgust but I'm sure plenty of people in the past (and today) find homosexuality disgusting and the state doesn't forbid that today.
Original post by LethalBizzle
No they can't. The age of consent is 16. Before then they aren't considered mature enough to give consent, even though they are far more capable than most sheep I've met.

Then why the hell does under age sex exists and is seen as normal?

Bull****.
Original post by 101flyboy
An animal cannot initiate sex with a human. The human is the one that puts the animal into the situation. Bestiality is known to have deleterious side effects and in many cases leads to death. It is inherently harmful.

Rape is rife in the animal kingdom. I read about an orangutan who tried to rape a woman. It is possible for the animal to initiate sex, and it is possible for the animal to want sex with another species.
Reply 50
A 15 year old is technically still a child. Yet a 1/3 of teenagers have had sex before the age of consent?

A proper child. If you're going to take it to extremes, replace the word "child" with "two-year-old".
Reply 51
:mad:

What if I wanted to have sex with an older male that I truly like? What the ****?

You don't have the capacity to give consent, according to law. :holmes:
Again, the same as in the Incest thread, the "ewww its disgusting" argument does not wash as different people find different things disgusting. I personally think scat and watersports are horrible, yet I don't think they should be illegal.

No, it's not a double standard, because homosexuality is in the same group with heterosexuality. Zoophilia is a different concept all together and so therefore, there is no comparison whatsoever. Saying there is, is offensive. If you don't understand, that shows your ignorance.

It's not offensive to discuss these issues rationally, as I am attempting to, if you are offended by this, then that is your issue, not mine. I'm not saying that there is a parallel between the two sexualities, I'm asking why you think that there isn't.
Reply 54

Bull****.

I assume you mean in general society, mostly schools? As in 15 year olds having boyfriends & sex etc?

It's because they aren't 'talked' about. They are to friends etc who don't give a crap, school children will not go to the police to report that their friends are having sex. Parent's won't either, nor will teachers.

The courts are already ridiculously busy. The CPS would not allow every single underage sex case to go through unless there is a specific detail that is not the norm.
Original post by tommm
A proper child. If you're going to take it to extremes, replace the word "child" with "two-year-old".

So at 15, it's OK
At 14, it's OK
At 13, it's OK
At 12, it's OK
At 11, it's not

Why isn't the age of consent 12 then?

Bull****.

It's not normal. 15 year olds maybe, but as they get younger it becomes more and more condemned, right? You've got to draw a line somewhere, it happens to be at 16 for the lawbooks, which is incidentally far above the line for horse-****ing.

You don't have the capacity to give consent, according to law. :holmes:

Yet underage sex exists. :lolwut:
Original post by Tommyjw
I assume you mean in general society, mostly schools? As in 15 year olds having boyfriends & sex etc?

It's because they aren't 'talked' about. They are to friends etc who don't give a crap, school children will not go to the police to report that their friends are having sex. Parent's won't either, nor will teachers.

The courts are already ridiculously busy. The CPS would not allow every single underage sex case to go through unless there is a specific detail that is not the norm.

Then what's the ****ing point of the age of consent then?

You're essentially saying that it's acceptable for a 15 year old to have sex, but not a 5 year old. Same thing.

Bull****.

Underage sex isn't seen as normal as far as I was aware. (by the law.)

Latest

Trending

Trending