The Student Room Group

Does anyone else feel scared if they see a chav?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
People are scared of anyone dressed in a tracksuit? Man up as someone said. FFs
Reply 21
Original post by Kibalchich
People are scared of anyone dressed in a tracksuit? Man up as someone said. FFs

Obviously it's a combination of other factors - the look on their face, voice, mannerisms, reason why they were wearing a tracksuit (whether it was just for sporting purposes), etc.

Not only can they be an unpleasant sight, they are an unpleasant sound (their screeching, swearing, attempt at ruining English).
Reply 22
Original post by Iron Lady
Just curious.

no.

difficult if you're female cos they probably won't feel as threatened but all you have to do when you get into a confrontation is maintain eye contact and DO NOT look away. the first person that looks away has lost.
Original post by resentment.
no.

difficult if you're female cos they probably won't feel as threatened but all you have to do when you get into a confrontation is maintain eye contact and DO NOT look away. the first person that looks away has lost.

And if they start to get aggressive you flick them on the nose? :K:
Reply 24
Original post by Mr. Tizzy XII
And if they start to get aggressive you flick them on the nose? :K:

with a username like mr. tizzy id expect you to do that, anyone else should know how to handle themselves in a fight.
Reply 25
Original post by Riderz
A pie would distract her long enough for me to make a decent getaway.

TBH, I doubt you'd need a distraction to outrun her!
I won't lie, I do get a bit worried, but then again I worry about a lot of crap. I only really feel scared if it's a gang of them and it's late at night.
People need to get over this whole chav thing. Sure, there are some poor people that act like dicks, but there are middle class and rich people who do it aswell. People only give them crap because they come from low income families, in rich kids it is put down to 'just having fun' or 'doing what kids do'.
Reply 28
no. if it is just a single guy and they start something then just tell them to **** off, they are not used to people standing up to them and they will back off.

if it is a group at night, then yes i would be a bit wary.

however having said this, i know lots of people who would be considered a "chav" or "ned" and they are actually decent people. it seems to me to be the minority who bring the rest down.
Reply 29
Scared for them, yes.
Original post by Riderz
A pie would distract her long enough for me to make a decent getaway.

I laughed so hard a little wee came out
Original post by morecambebay
People need to get over this whole chav thing. Sure, there are some poor people that act like dicks, but there are middle class and rich people who do it aswell. People only give them crap because they come from low income families, in rich kids it is put down to 'just having fun' or 'doing what kids do'.

Exactly, I've never seen so much "chav" hysteria on a forum before in my life. It's like most people on TSR live in little bubbles and the first sight of someone who looks a bit poor has them quaking in their boots.
Reply 32
Does anyone know the collective noun for a large group of chavs? I feel like there should be one.

Bonus points for imagination.
A group of year 8 chav's terrorise my school on a daily basis. They are genuinely terrifying.
Reply 34
I was playing football with one at a park, didnt intimidate me one bit.
If its a group of them and I have to walk through them I tend to be a bit on edge but as a general rule I'm happy for them to frolic around the place.
Reply 36
Of course.

She does look aggressive though, like she's about to hit someone. And crikey, those tattoos / gold chains :eek:
How does she look like she's about to hit someone?
Reply 37
nope, I do mui thai boxing, knock em all out.
Reply 38
Just curious.

I wouldn't worry about "chavs" Iron Lady it is scottish neds you need to be concerned about.

What is that old joke?

Mrs Thatcher was found murdered, police are interviewing 5 million suspects!
Reply 39
Aww sweetie, have I hit a nerve?

I was just wondering whether people feel frightened by chavs to the extent I am (panic attacks, etc.), hence why I said "just curious" in my OP.

You're talking about people as if they're an entirely different species...simply because they're a different social class to you and might dress or act slightly differently. People like you are what is wrong with society, not so called 'chavs'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending