The Student Room Group

SEO London

Hey all,

Anyone here apply for SEO london?

Did you still submit an application through the BBs website or are you waiting on SEO to send out your CV?

Thanks!
They do send your CV straight to the firms. However some firms ask you to still apply straight to them.
Saying this if you perhaps get rejected by the firm for whatever reasons SEO cannot override their decisions.
It is up to you really.
Reply 2
Original post by FifeSupergeek
They do send your CV straight to the firms. However some firms ask you to still apply straight to them.
Saying this if you perhaps get rejected by the firm for whatever reasons SEO cannot override their decisions.
It is up to you really.

Interesting. Do you know what firms want you to apply directly and which ones will accept the SEO CVs?
Also for the firms that don't mind you not filling out the application form - Dow this mean you don't need to submit a cover letter/answers to questions/do the tests until the AC?
Original post by charles-perry
Interesting. Do you know what firms want you to apply directly and which ones will accept the SEO CVs?
Also for the firms that don't mind you not filling out the application form - Dow this mean you don't need to submit a cover letter/answers to questions/do the tests until the AC?

Well for me, so far it has been J.P. Morgan and BoA. I am assuming the rest accept seo direct.
Yes I think that is what it means.
Reply 4
How long does it take between the SEO meeting and them getting back to you to confirm they are sending your cv out or not ?
Reply 5
Well for me, so far it has been J.P. Morgan and BoA. I am assuming the rest accept seo direct.
Yes I think that is what it means.

Cool will apply to JPM and BoA directly and wait for SEO for the rest.
Are you a part of SEO already? I'm not sure if ill be accepted onto their programme so am not sure if I should to tick the SEO box?
I'm an Seo scholar
Reply 7
What about rare??
Original post by charles-perry
Cool will apply to JPM and BoA directly and wait for SEO for the rest.
Are you a part of SEO already? I'm not sure if ill be accepted onto their programme so am not sure if I should to tick the SEO box?

Yes I am part of SEO for IB. Also Rare . Quite different approaches.
You don't necessarily have to tick it. But if you do get in, banks will have you linked with SEO, ie through your email.
You don't necessarily have to tick it. But if you do get in, banks will have you linked with SEO, ie through your email.

what is SEO?

Ok thanks.
Btw how long do they take to reply? My tutor completed the reference last week and I applied about 3 weeks ago... But no reply.
I'm getting their event emails though... So I'm not sure why. Haha
My friend who applied after me was invited for a numerical test. Is this standard?

Btw what was your experience with SEO? I joined rare but landed no interviews :frown:

Also if you you were interviewed/rejected from an IB last year or the year before can SEO still land you an interview for that division this year? Is is each year independent of the previous one?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
SEO seem to be taking their sweet time. I'm just going to go ahead and apply if i don't hear back by mid Nov.
Reply 12

How would you compare Rare to SEO?
I know Rare help you out in the application process but i'm not to sure as to what SEO do.

Did you contact rare/SEO during/before you applied to any internship opportunity?
Rare help you more with the actual process of applying. So help with your application, offer you with networking events and so on.

Whereas with SEO, you have an interview and complete the numerical or verbal reasoning depending on what industry. If you are a suitable candidate they refer you to their partner firms. The firms then decide whether or not they want to interview you.

I would advise people to still try and apply directly, as places are going. And no one of them can 100% guarantee you an internship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending