The Student Room Group

Why do People Have a Problem with Gay People?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KC003
I really am losing patience with you. This thread is about homosexuality. Nothing else. Stop relating it to actual social abnormalities, and just accept that homosexuality is actually generally acceptable in modern day society. Whether you choose to accept it in your ridiculous little world is your decision, but you can't relate it to other behaviours that it doesn't actually relate to.

You cannot refer to it as something mankind has never approved of, because very few people don't approve of it. In fact, very few people, myself included, give the faintest damn as to who someone chooses to spend their life is. And to say that what they feel isn't love is discriminatory and quite frankly a form of bullying. You don't have a clue what they feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm fine with lesbians generally. I accept them more then gay men. As i said word twister, I'm kool with gays because they're generally nice. But some are really weird. My friend has a gay friend who sends him messages like 'do you like being fisted' and other really creepy stuff. So there you go.

And what convo are you reading? When did I say it's 'not love'. :confused::confused: your off your head on assumptions and reading things that aren't even on this forum.

And don't talk about 'bullying' when your posts have been so hostile and you just called me ridiculous. This isn't the Labour cabinet. Twisting terminology will not work. Keep ignoring my animal point.
Original post by slickrick666999
I'm fine with lesbians generally. I accept them more then gay men. As i said word twister, I'm kool with gays because they're generally nice. But some are really weird. My friend has a gay friend who sends him messages like 'do you like being fisted' and other really creepy stuff. So there you go.

And what convo are you reading? When did I say it's 'not love'. :confused::confused: your off your head on assumptions and reading things that aren't even on this forum.

And don't talk about 'bullying' when your posts have been so hostile and you just called me ridiculous. This isn't the Labour cabinet. Twisting terminology will not work. Keep ignoring my animal point.

You put love in quotes which is a way of saying something is in some way fake or invalid.
Reply 302

Am I missing something, because as far as I'm aware, I haven't twisted anything you've said. And I do believe this is something you wrote...

I don't think we can say one is acceptable and one is not. People who have sex with animals (although there are very few) to them it is normal and 'love' as gay people will claim it is with them and another man.

If I'm not wrong, what you said there 'love' as gay people will claim it is, infers that you don't believe it's love. If its not what you meant, then you need to word your posts better.

I wouldn't call my posts hostile. They're just stating the obvious. You have an opinion, fine, but so do I. This is a debate. And if I feel you're wrong, which I really do, I'm obviously not going to sit here and pretend like I agree with everything you've said. I said you were being ridiculous, because some of the things you've been talking about, such as the animal point, don't relate to what the post is about, so posting stuff about it is ridiculous because it isn't linked.

Okay, so you've heard of one gay person that sends provocative texts. Fine. But the issue is that a lot of straight people also send texts like that. That's not just gay people. Purely out of interest, do you actually have any gay friends, or are you basing your entire argument on friends of friends and people you've heard about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by incipientT
Peoples acceptance of what you call 'abnormalities' has varied considerably across history and cultures. For just about any practice you can imagine you can find a culture which considered it normal.

Yes, that's because those cultures are backwards and have not evolved. Some country's still stone people to death. Women in Saudi Arabia cannot even drive golf caddy's. Some Women in Africa have genetic mutilation performed on them.

Any free-thinking, 21st century civil person will be able to simply judge normality and abnormality. Whether is sexual, humane, religious etc.
Yes, that's because those cultures are backwards and have not evolved. Some country's still stone people to death. Women in Saudi Arabia cannot even drive golf caddy's. Some Women in Africa have genetic mutilation performed on them.

Any free-thinking, 21st century civil person will be able to simply judge normality and abnormality. Whether is sexual, humane, religious etc.

Yes and most 'free-thinking, 21st century civil' people think gay people should be accepted. Also, I seriously doubt if african women are having 'genetic mutilation performed on them'. If you meant genital mutilation, then that still happens here in the UK, just not as openly.
Original post by KC003
Am I missing something, because as far as I'm aware, I haven't twisted anything you've said. And I do believe this is something you wrote...

If I'm not wrong, what you said there 'love' as gay people will claim it is, infers that you don't believe it's love. If its not what you meant, then you need to word your posts better.

I wouldn't call my posts hostile. They're just stating the obvious. You have an opinion, fine, but so do I. This is a debate. And if I feel you're wrong, which I really do, I'm obviously not going to sit here and pretend like I agree with everything you've said. I said you were being ridiculous, because some of the things you've been talking about, such as the animal point, don't relate to what the post is about, so posting stuff about it is ridiculous because it isn't linked.

Okay, so you've heard of one gay person that sends provocative texts. Fine. But the issue is that a lot of straight people also send texts like that. That's not just gay people. Purely out of interest, do you actually have any gay friends, or are you basing your entire argument on friends of friends and people you've heard about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't want gay friends. Why would I specifically request a man who liked men to be a pal? :confused: I would prefer not be friends with them. You're not a man..so you have to understand the lad culture we have. If I became friends with a gay guy, people would say stuff. People are saying stuff about my friend now because he is friends with a well, known gay.

Men aren't as understanding about that as women are. I just don't want men to raise children. I found that picture upsetting and sad with the two children.
Yes and most 'free-thinking, 21st century civil' people think gay people should be accepted. Also, I seriously doubt if african women are having 'genetic mutilation performed on them'. If you meant genital mutilation, then that still happens here in the UK, just not as openly.

Female genital mutilation is a third world cultural practice. It's not prelevent in the Western world at all. The top 30 country's for FGM are nearly are 85-90% African. It does not happen here. If it does, it's a miniscule minority

(Hamito-Semitic) communities on the East coast of Africa is where it originated.

30–50II
Burkina Faso
71.6II
Cameroon20n/a
Central Afr Rep43n/a
Chad60II, III
Ivory Coast44.5II
Congo5n/a
Djibouti90-98II, III
Egypt97I, II
Eritrea90I, II, III
Ethiopia72.7I, II, III, IV
Gambia60–90I, II, III, IV
Ghanan/aI, II, III
Guinea98.6I, II, III, IV
Guinea-Bissau50n/a
Indonesian/aI, IV
Kenya37.6I, II, III
Liberia50II
Mali93.7I, II, III
Mauritania25n/a
Niger5n/a
Nigeria25.1I, II, III
Senegal5–20II, III
Sierra Leone80–90II
Somalia
90–98I, III
Sudan50–90I, II, III
Tanzania18n/a
Togo12II
Uganda5n/a
Yemen
Reply 307
I don't want gay friends. Why would I specifically request a man who liked men to be a pal? :confused: I would prefer not be friends with them. You're not a man..so you have to understand the lad culture we have. If I became friends with a gay guy, people would say stuff. People are saying stuff about my friend now because he is friends with a well, known gay.

Men aren't as understanding about that as women are. I just don't want men to raise children. I found that picture upsetting and sad with the two children.

I didn't ask if you'd specifically requested a gay friend, I just asked if you happened to have any. I could have predicted the answer you gave, because you clearly don't know anyone who's gay. Yes women may well be more understanding in general society, but I can honestly say I don't know a guy who has a particular problem with homosexuality. Maybe it's just where I've been raised, but I, like most of my friends, are friends with gay guys and gay girls. We don't care about their sexuality because we judge them on who they are as an actual person, not who they sleep with.

I haven't been raised in a society where I'm banned from seeing guys. Of course I understand 'lad culture'. It's just evidently all the guys I know have a different 'lad culture' to you and your friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 308
Original post by wardah2
I don't accept it because of religious beliefs and the pure fact that I don't think its 'natural'.
erm actually it is natural, there have been gay members of many species like foxes for example.
Reply 309
Original post by KC003
Much nicer than lesbians?
Absolutely, there is no comparison.

I'm sorry do you personally know any?

Probably more than you I'm willing to bet.

Because by the sounds of it, you're stereotyping and really don't have a clue.

Err not really. I've interacted with enough

To say that all lesbians aren't nice is quite frankly ignorant and childish. May I suggest you grow up some time soon and actually just accept people for who they are. Get over yourself.

Well this is ironically what I mean, they're so hostile and aggressive. I've actually come to realise that I despise Lesbians and quite frankly wouldn't want them to have the same rights as gay men.
Female genital mutilation is a third world cultural practice. It's not prelevent in the Western world at all. The top 30 country's for FGM are nearly are 85-90% African. It does not happen here. If it does, it's a miniscule minority

(Hamito-Semitic) communities on the East coast of Africa is where it originated.

30–50II
Burkina Faso71.6II
Cameroon20n/a
Central Afr Rep43n/a
Chad60II, III
Ivory Coast44.5II
Congo5n/a
Djibouti90-98II, III
Egypt97I, II
Eritrea90I, II, III
Ethiopia72.7I, II, III, IV
Gambia60–90I, II, III, IV
Ghanan/aI, II, III
Guinea98.6I, II, III, IV
Guinea-Bissau50n/a
Indonesian/aI, IV
Kenya37.6I, II, III
Liberia50II
Mali93.7I, II, III
Mauritania25n/a
Niger5n/a
Nigeria25.1I, II, III
Senegal5–20II, III
Sierra Leone80–90II
Somalia90–98I, III
Sudan50–90I, II, III
Tanzania18n/a
Togo12II
Uganda5n/a
Yemen

apparently up to 76000 here in the UK. Maybe that's a tiny minority, but hardly non-existent.
Original post by 2ndClass

Well this is ironically what I mean, they're so hostile and aggressive. I've actually come to realise that I despise Lesbians and quite frankly wouldn't want them to have the same rights as gay men.

Maybe they are 'hostile and aggressive' to you because you despise them? Even if you don't say it, it's usually fairly obvious when people feel that strongly.
What about animal rights then? there right to graze in the field without being killed by some spear wielding maniac supplying Tesco's.

Well I'm all for animal rights personally...

What if 15 year old want to drive? they can't do that can they.

Because their brains aren't developed enough. Same as the consent argument.

Homosexuality is going to end up going through the roof. Children will grow up CONFUSED witnessing all this sickness whilst you call it normal?

Hasn't happened yet.

:confused: what do we teach children about it? that's it's normal? that's it's only a bum-hole? this issue should be left as it is.

They're not going to teach kids how to have gay sex, just that men liking men is fine.

No more they can get married but they can't raise kids because it will destory that chillds outlook on humanity and turn him mentally ill one day.

Evidence suggests the exact opposite.

WE (Most civil people) do not want cross-dressing to become something more than a joke.

Nothing to do with homosexuality.
isn't there some sort of evidence to suggest the rise in homosexuals is dangerous. Similar to the rise of bestiality in the dark ages where killing somebody for a log of wood became the norm. Once something dangerous become so accepted, it becomes normal. All this interference causes confusion which could create holes in the O-Zone layer, opening of the 'third eye' (Spiritually speaking) and decline in society.

People who rise against the evil of fighting against nature :confused: will be condemned as herotrics and throw into jail by the Gay Mafia if we allow notoriety to continue.

Where exactly is this evidence?
Rising against the evil of fighting against nature? Start by throwing out your computer.
Reply 314
Maybe they are 'hostile and aggressive' to you because you despise them? Even if you don't say it, it's usually fairly obvious when people feel that strongly.

No I'm indifferent to them.
Not if it's immoral. Shall we also allow people to take dump's in the street if that's how they want to live their lives? you have to have barriers. Just because our barriers differ doesn't mean i'm hateful. Some people in America want GUNS BANNED. We all have opinions and morals. Some have better morals then most, clearly.

Taking dumps in the street harm other people, being gay doesn't.
I don't know what the relevance of the guns comment was.

Yes, some people do have better morals.
Original post by minimarshmallow
Taking dumps in the street harm other people, being gay doesn't.
I don't know what the relevance of the guns comment was.

Yes, some people do have better morals.

Being gay does harm people. It tears family's apart and some gay's commit suicide over it.
Being gay does harm people. It tears family's apart and some gay's commit suicide over it.

I think you'll find that homophobia is what tears families apart and leads to people committing suicide. If it was being gay that caused that they'd all do it.

Because of people like you, you moron.

Why would gays commit suicide if bigots like you didn't think they were lesser human beings?
Reply 319
Original post by 2ndClass

Awesome. Congratulations, you've just successfully insulted my best friend, her partner and at least another dozen of my friends. And just for the record, they're all perfectly decent human beings. Maybe they're hostile towards you as a reaction to you being so disrespectful towards them. Anyone would be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending