The Student Room Group

AQA Accounting Unit 2 - 22nd May

Scroll to see replies

What did everyone get for question 3)b) , the benefits and limitations of budgetary control systems?
My Benefits: Assists planning, decision making, may motivate and budgetary figures can be compared with real figures.
Limitations: Leads to disfunctional management, may be set too low, benefits must exceed costs, may demotivate and also wrong figure making it inaccurate.

Does this sound okay? I'm really nervous
Reply 241
Original post by RK94
Thats what I did too! :smile: what did you do for rent receivable?

i added the other amount too it but i dont know if thats right or not
Original post by George_m20
What did everyone get for question 3)b) , the benefits and limitations of budgetary control systems?
My Benefits: Assists planning, decision making, may motivate and budgetary figures can be compared with real figures.
Limitations: Leads to disfunctional management, may be set too low, benefits must exceed costs, may demotivate and also wrong figure making it inaccurate.

Does this sound okay? I'm really nervous

Pretty much what I put, then finished with a conclusion and advised the most appropriate way, depending on the ability of the business being able to afford this initial cost and continuous profit reduction

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tom_elsey
Pretty much what I put, then finished with a conclusion and advised the most appropriate way, depending on the ability of the business being able to afford this initial cost and continuous profit reduction

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah my only worry was that people talked about the benefits/limitations of computer systems, e.g they put computers make the figures more accurate and they are quicker, but the limitations are the installation costs etc
Reply 244
I did revenue - 8400
Cost of sales + 4100
Rent received = 12000
Added increase in trade receivables of 720 to expenses
Director's thing - 38000
Less 6% debenture 72000
Less tax 38000
But made a stupid mistake and put loss on sale as a profit of 3000. And I put the debenture interest after net profit, how many marks do you think I'll lose? My overall end profit was £133540?
Original post by George_m20
Yeah my only worry was that people talked about the benefits/limitations of computer systems, e.g they put computers make the figures more accurate and they are quicker, but the limitations are the installation costs etc

No, the question didn't ask about it vein relates to computer systems, so their answers will be wrong, hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Brandon_RNS
Ahh i dont remember but tax was 38000 right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh tax was 38,000 then once you've got net profit you do an appropriation account by just taking away debenture interest and tax I believe?
Original post by frannyw
I did revenue - 8400
Cost of sales + 4100
Rent received = 12000
Director's thing - 38000
Less 6% debenture 72000
Less tax 38000
But made a stupid mistake and put loss on sale as a profit of 3000. And I put the debenture interest after net profit, how many marks do you think I'll lose? My overall end profit was £133540?

Maybe two for that error, providing your working was correct? I predicted profitability ratios too! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 248
It definitely is £72000, checked with my teacher and a debenture is a yearly cost, which cannot be split between months :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well, there are many troubles in this paper . :frown::confused:
Reply 249
Original post by Economist21
Yeh tax was 38,000 then once you've got net profit you do an appropriation account by just taking away debenture interest and tax I believe?

You mean once you got net profit from operations? Yes then you take debenture interest and you get net profit before tax then you take the tax off and get net profit after tax

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 250
Maybe two for that error, providing your working was correct? I predicted profitability ratios too! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I took away depreciation from the original cost and took away the selling price, but just put it as profit and added it to the gross profit? :/
Reply 251
Original post by frannyw
I did revenue - 8400
Cost of sales + 4100
Rent received = 12000
Director's thing - 38000
Less 6% debenture 72000
Less tax 38000

Do we need to deduct the amount of provision for doubful debts last year 5400
So annoyed , the debenture .
Reply 252
Original post by anna21
Do we need to deduct the amount of provision for doubful debts last year 5400
So annoyed , the debenture .

I don't know, I thought it said in the question that it was included?
Boundaries 63-66 for an A
Reply 254
Original post by frannyw

You needed to take it out, it stated separately to calculate the new years one which was an increase of. 720 from last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, can any of you guys answer this question? I would really appreciate it! I have to do an accounting module for my first year of uni and the exam is in just over a week and I'm still totally confused lol!

Best Answer plc. was formed on 1st January 2001 with a share capital of 1 million shares of £1 per share. In the next 8 years, it retained profits of £2.5 million. On 1st January 2009 it issued another 2 million shares for which it received £8 million. In 2009, it made a profit of £1.2 million and paid a dividend of £0.7 million. The nominal value of its share capital at 31st December 2009 would be?
Reply 256
Original post by frannyw

that was the last financial years amount
Reply 257
Original post by slacker07906
Hi, can any of you guys answer this question? I would really appreciate it! I have to do an accounting module for my first year of uni and the exam is in just over a week and I'm still totally confused lol!

Best Answer plc. was formed on 1st January 2001 with a share capital of 1 million shares of £1 per share. In the next 8 years, it retained profits of £2.5 million. On 1st January 2009 it issued another 2 million shares for which it received £8 million. In 2009, it made a profit of £1.2 million and paid a dividend of £0.7 million. The nominal value of its share capital at 31st December 2009 would be?

£3million no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Brandon_RNS
£3million no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do you just add up the issued shares?
Reply 259
Original post by slacker07906
So do you just add up the issued shares?

Yeah thats what i did but i dont know if that is the right answer

For such a long question a simple addition couldnt have been the answer
But yeah i did the 2mill x £1 plus 1mi x£1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending