The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are so many white muslim converts ginger?

Probably a pointless observation but I can't help but notice.... Surely I'm not the only one who's picked up on this? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When I read this, I instantly thought of ginger Dave from the mosque in Citizen Khan!
Reply 2
Now you mention it, I think I have noticed that.

Maybe because they feel ostracised from western society?
Mind = blown at truth of that statement.
Reply 4
Haha
Yh ive noticed it as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't say I've noticed but I don't know any white Muslims anyway.

BTW, citizen khan is awful. Just awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I don't think so... Do you have any stats to prove you claim, or do you have a media generalisation perception in your head (such as when they keep showing a few ginger reverts standing with the likes of Anjem Choudry)?
Reply 7
It is because Muhammad was a red head. That is a fact.

Narrated Anas: It was said to the Prophet "Would that you see Abdullah bin Ubai." So, the Prophet went to him, displaying his sun colored vibrissa, and the Muslims accompanied him, walking on salty barren land. When the Prophet reached 'Abdullah bin Ubai, the latter said, "Keep away from me! By Allah, the bad smell of your red pubic hair has harmed me." On that an Ansari man said (to 'Abdullah), "By Allah! The smell of the fire red bush of Allah's Apostle is better than your smell." On that a man from 'Abdullah's tribe got angry for 'Abdullah's sake, and called the prophet names like oranga and ginger, which caused the friends of the two men to get angry, and the two groups started fighting with sticks, shoes and hands. We were informed that the following Divine Verse was revealed (in this concern):-- "And if two groups of Believers fall to fighting then, beware that those of the ginger do indeed have smelly red bush. (Qur'an 49:9)"
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Osama was also kind of ginger ?
Reply 10
I'd like to know why it is that whenever there is a riot or unrest in the Middle East, there's always someone right at the front wearing a Manchester United shirt.

Maybe they think "Man United" is some kind of political movement.
Original post by the bear
Osama was also kind of ginger ?

Was he? :confused:
I don't think I've ever actually seen a white muslim, let alone a ginger one :erm:
Because carrots are considered sacred in Islam.
Reply 14
My friend's theory is that gingers tend to feel excluded from society which gives them a greater likelihood of keeping an open mind and exploring other paths in life.
I'm ginger.. should I prepare myself?
Reply 16
Original post by ckingalt
It is because Muhammad was a red head. That is a fact.

Ermm what you on about :lolwut:

The quote you gave has been manipulated with in terms of translation and secondly it's not from the Qu'ran but from Bukhari.

Volume 3, Book 49, Number 856:
Narrated Anas:

It was said to the Prophet "Would that you see Abdullah bin Ubai." So, the Prophet went to him, riding a donkey, and the Muslims accompanied him, walking on salty barren land. When the Prophet reached 'Abdullah bin Ubai, the latter said, "Keep away from me! By Allah, the bad smell of your donkey has harmed me." On that an Ansari man said (to 'Abdullah), "By Allah! The smell of the donkey of Allah's Apostle is better than your smell." On that a man from 'Abdullah's tribe got angry for 'Abdullah's sake, and the two men abused each other which caused the friends of the two men to get angry, and the two groups started fighting with sticks, shoes and hands. We were informed that the following Divine Verse was revealed (in this concern):-- "And if two groups of Believers fall to fighting then, make peace between them." (49.9)
Original post by Sacapunta
My friend's theory is that gingers tend to feel excluded from society which gives them a greater likelihood of keeping an open mind and exploring other paths in life.

I think it means that they have no choice but to explore other paths in life. Not being funny but isn't it unfortunate that Mecca is probably one of the worst places to go if you're ginger and prone to sunburn?
Original post by Quiddi
Your dad is muslim didnt you say?:

Um ... no :lolwut:

:rofl:
Reply 19
Original post by Iqbal007
Ermm what you on about :lolwut:

The quote you gave has been manipulated with in terms of translation and secondly it's not from the Qu'ran but from Bukhari.

It's a joke. I'm the one that manipulated it. I just don't have a serious answer to such a question. That should be obvious. Don't take yourself too seriously.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending