The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are so many white muslim converts ginger?

Scroll to see replies

They're not. They dye their hair ginger according to Muslim practice:

Its a requirement of Islam that you have to dye your hair with henna if it is not the right colour. Usually that means when its gone grey, maybe white Muslims do it just because its not black?
Original post by Copperknickers
They're not. They dye their hair ginger according to Muslim practice:

Its a requirement of Islam that you have to dye your hair with henna if it is not the right colour. Usually that means when its gone grey, maybe white Muslims do it just because its not black?

Umm no its not. Just saying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bulbasaur
Probably a pointless observation but I can't help but notice.... Surely I'm not the only one who's picked up on this? :confused:

This literally made my day hahaha
Maybe cos white ppl with dark/black hair can pass for Asian/Middle Eastern/whatever when growing a beard and wearing Muslim clothing?
Original post by Truefaith
Umm no its not. Just saying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

'It is stated in the famous Hanafi Fiqh Reference book al-Fatawa al-Hindiyyah:

“The scholars have all unanimously agreed that it is a Sunnah for men to dye the hair of their head and beard with red colour. It is also considered a sign for Muslims” (5/329).

'The sunnah of Muhammad includes his specific words, habits, practices, and silent approvals: it is significant because it addresses ways of life dealing with friends, family and government. The sunnah one of the most important sources of Islamic law, second only to the Quran.'

(Hanafi is one of, if not the, most widely used interpretation of fiqh in Islam.)
(edited 10 years ago)
'The sunnah of Muhammad includes his specific words, habits, practices, and silent approvals: it is significant because it addresses ways of life dealing with friends, family and government. The sunnah one of the most important sources of Islamic law, second only to the Quran.'

(Hanafi is one of, if not the, most widely used interpretation of fiqh in Islam.)

I know what sunnah is. Although havent heard the silent approval part before.
Thats only one group of people from one sect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know what sunnah is. Although havent heard the silent approval part before.

An example would be the timing of the asr prayer. The Prophet, after various groups returning from the battle of Khandaq had differed on when exactly to perform the prayer (in the late afternoon, as was proper, or later on when they arrived at their destination), silently approved both.

Thats only one group of people from one sect.

The favoured legal interpretation of the majority of the world's Muslims. I suppose you're going to tell me next that its not required Muslim practice to pray 5 times a day because some Shias only do it three times a day. Its a generalisation, yes, but this isn't an Islamic theological forum, its a thread about ginger people, so do what Muslims do best and submit to the fact that you are wrong in both of your posts. Third time lucky maybe?
Ya! Some else to beat the Gingers with. I sense the birth of a new term....Gingerphobia!
An example would be the timing of the asr prayer. The Prophet, after various groups returning from the battle of Khandaq had differed on when exactly to perform the prayer (in the late afternoon, as was proper, or later on when they arrived at their destination), silently approved both.

The favoured legal interpretation of the majority of the world's Muslims. I suppose you're going to tell me next that its not required Muslim practice to pray 5 times a day because some Shias only do it three times a day. Its a generalisation, yes, but this isn't an Islamic theological forum, its a thread about ginger people, so do what Muslims do best and submit to the fact that you are wrong in both of your posts. Third time lucky maybe?

If it is an obligation for the 'majority of muslims' its strange that you dont see many muslims with ginger hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it is an obligation for the 'majority of muslims' its strange that you dont see many muslims with ginger hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And you don't see many Christians not taking the word of the lord in vain or keeping the Sabbath day holy. Doesn't mean its not a requirement according to scripture.
And you don't see many Christians not taking the word of the lord in vain or keeping the Sabbath day holy. Doesn't mean its not a requirement according to scripture.

Btw it says it according to one hadith in part of one sect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw it says it according to one hadith in part of one sect.
Posted from TSR Mobile

THE LARGEST SECT! And why would it say it in multiple hadiths, it only needs to be said once.
THE LARGEST SECT! And why would it say it in multiple hadiths, it only needs to be said once.

One part of 4 of the largest sect.

Well most things that are important are recorded more than once in different books

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53

:wink:
One part of 4 of the largest sect.

Well most things that are important are recorded more than once in different books

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did I say it was important?
Did I say it was important?

When something is an obligation it is important

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Because gingers are over represented in the poor white domain who tend to be more prone to that ****.
When something is an obligation it is important

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not relative to other more important obligations.
Not relative to other more important obligations.

An obligation is important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
An obligation is important.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As I said, that is entirely dependent on the context. The obligation for those Sunni Muslims who adhere to the Hanafi interpretation of the Hadith (i.e., most Muslims) to dye their hair is not well observed nor particularly important in the grand scheme of things, nevertheless it is specifically designated as an obligation according to scripture.

I can keep this up for the rest of your life pal, I have literally nothing better to do.

Latest

Trending

Trending