The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

The increasing number of fat girls in British society today

In recent years I've noticed that there are more and more fat women in British society. It's become a major epidemic. Everywhere you go in the UK you see overweight women.

British women generally didn't used to be this way. It's the current generation that it's gotten out of hand. It's down to laziness and poor lifestyle/diet choices really. Too many girls sit on their arses in front of their computers, phones and/or tvs, thereby not exercising enough, and they eat too much junk/fast food.

The other contributory factor is girls getting knocked and having kids really young, then once they've had kids they let themselves go and stop caring about their appearance so much.

Now there's absolutely no excuse for anyone to be fat.

Personally I like my women to be slim and I only date women who look good and take care of their appearance and weight. A bit of meat on the bone or curves is ok, but fat is not. For every fat girl, there is an up and coming hot, slim girl in competition with you, so you better get your act together if you want to date quality guys.

I've done a lot of travelling and have seen other cultures first hand, and you don't see as many fat girls in most European countries or in Australia or Japan. Those girls eat better diets and it shows. The only other culture besides the UK that has this obesity problem is the USA.

Fat girls who act like they're hot really wind me up too. Fat is NOT the new sexy, girls.

I say all this not to antagonise you girls. I'm a lover of women, not a hater, but these are my honest observations about the ever increasing weight of British women today.

I guess what I want to know is why you let yourselves get overweight? Why do you feel it's acceptable to let yourselves go like this and not make an effort to stay slim, somehow delusionally believing you're still attractive to men?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
pretty sure that there's also an increasing number of fat lads too
Reply 2
umm...not a female epidemic, a population epidemic. Same goes for you male fatties.
Original post by joebloggs434
For every fat girl, there is an up and coming hot, slim girl in competition with you...

where do you live?
Reply 4
Yeah I think fat people not just fat girls...

But now I think about it I find it really hard to imagine a fat french woman for some reason..
Yeah it's true, people really are very big in this country. I think food isn't very fresh in this country. Full of chemicals etc.
Original post by kate3

Original post by mirazia
umm...not a female epidemic, a population epidemic. Same goes for you male fatties.

Lol
Reply 7
Original post by kate3

Women tend to be attracted to a man's confidence and personality more so than his looks, therefore it's not as much of an issue if a guy is overweight. I do agree that men should still make an effort to stay in shape, though.
There are an equal number of fat people in both gender but as a guy and I'm sure other straight guys can relate, I don't really physically check out other males.
Women tend to be attracted to a man's confidence and personality more so than his looks, therefore it's not as much of an issue if a guy is overweight. I do agree that men should still make an effort to stay in shape, though.

Just stop. Along with the OP, that's just bs.
There are two main reasons for this:

1) People need to move less.
2) People need to cook less.

1) Think about all of the technology in your home that makes life easier for you. Every single piece of it removes a little bit of exercise from your day. Transport, dishwashers, washing machines, television remotes, laptops, wireless printers.. and it doesn't look as though it is going to stop any time soon.

2) Fast food is so easy. You go, get served within minutes, and don't have to do any washing up. Ready meals can taste very nice, but are often much less healthy than a meal made from scratch. But, ultimately, people prefer the simple option.
I say all this not to antagonise you girls. I'm a lover of women, not a hater

I believe the acronym I'm looking for is: PMSL.
I can think of a lot of chubby guys, but I do agree there are more females who are overweight. It's probably also cause guys are more active like into sports and things ,women not so much ( I'm just summarising when I say that) .... I think there's also a lot of media attention of curvy girls having their time so it's seen ok to have a bit more "meat" on you, guys like something to grab onto.... etc etc, it's a whole mentality
there is an increasing number of knob heads too....
In recent years I've noticed that there are more and more fat women in British society. It's become a major epidemic. Everywhere you go in the UK you see overweight women.

British women generally didn't used to be this way. It's the current generation that it's gotten out of hand. It's down to laziness and poor lifestyle/diet choices really. Too many girls sit on their arses in front of their computers, phones and/or tvs, thereby not exercising enough, and they eat too much junk/fast food.

The other contributory factor is girls getting knocked and having kids really young, then once they've had kids they let themselves go and stop caring about their appearance so much.

Now there's absolutely no excuse for anyone to be fat.

Personally I like my women to be slim and I only date women who look good and take care of their appearance and weight.

Well everyone is entitled to preferences. But asking just females, not males, to change their weight so they will simply be more attractive to you is hardly the most compelling argument given. I mean don't hide behind the "it's unhealthy" argument-just say I want more girls who I find attractive-that's likely to work:undefined:rolleyes
A bit of meat on the bone or curves is ok, but fat is not. For every fat girl, there is an up and coming hot, slim girl in competition with you, so you better get your act together if you want to date quality guys.
I take it you are one of these "quality guys"-well if that is the case then why not just date the "quality girls?" My guess is you can't so blame oversized women for what is really the problem-your oversized ego.
I've done a lot of travelling and have seen other cultures first hand, and you don't see as many fat girls in most European countries or in Australia or Japan. Those girls eat better diets and it shows. The only other culture besides the UK that has this obesity problem is the USA.
If the whole thing winds you up that much go live in those places-the people you insult may well gladly cover the cost of your flight:wink:

Fat girls who act like they're hot really wind me up too. Fat is NOT the new sexy, girls.
Why does it wind you up? You seem easily wound up. Let people have their own opinions, even if you disagree. Are you trying to force people to agree with you even on trivial matters such as what is attractive? I hope your never Prime Minister since it would be the most totalitarian state imaginable. Even what is attractive is defined by you. How dare people like what they want and have confidence when in your view it is undeserved:rolleyes:
I say all this not to antagonise you girls. I'm a lover of women, not a hater, but these are my honest observations about the ever increasing weight of British women today. I guess what I want to know is why you let yourselves get overweight? Why do you feel it's acceptable to let yourselves go like this and not make an effort to stay slim, somehow delusionally believing you're still attractive to men?

Given the situation in the UK what you are calling for is for loads of women to lose weight only to still have to put up with overweight men:rolleyes: Come on now-are you just upset because not enough girls will let you thrash about on top of them so as a result look to insult these women and restore your confidence?:smile:
@OP: Could you be any more judgemental?
I think you'll find they make the rocking world go round, actually.
Not something greatly related but what annoys me the most is when people call overweight people curvy.

That's not curvy, curvy is having an hourglass figure. It's in the word itself, e.g. small waist and obvious curves.

But that's my take on things.
(edited 10 years ago)
Women tend to be attracted to a man's confidence and personality more so than his looks, therefore it's not as much of an issue if a guy is overweight.

Lolwut :s-smilie:
I'm overweight mainly because I don't give a single **** what horrid men like you think. I don't have a problem with you not fancying us (frankly, I'm grateful: I've got my my own queue of ACTUAL quality men to fight off with a stick), but I do have a problem when you get behind a keyboard and try to tell us we're all unworthy.

Some "over-weight" women ARE sexy - maybe not to you, and this might come as a surprise to you, but not all men like the same thing.

In short: People will be fat, get the **** over it.

Latest

Trending

Trending