The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Does anyone actually enjoy clubbing? like seriously!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
If they're so good why do people need to get absolutely smashed to enjoy them. The number of times my housemates have come back after a night at a club and said it was rubbish because I wasn't drunk enough.
Reply 81
Not a big fan of clubs, prefer pubs and bars. Better atmosphere, can actually hold a conversation and usually cheaper.

But lets be honest here. Sometimes you just want to unwind and release, by getting drunk and having a dance to some cheesy music. There is nothing wrong with that.
Reply 82
Original post by Zarek
does this really happen all the while?

What, groping? Pretty much at least once every time I go to a club.
Personally I don't enjoy clubs if I'm just drinking. Unfortunately that's all I feel comfortable doing now though so I rarely go to clubs.
Reply 84
I'm introverted as **** and I love clubbing, I'm teetotal and I love clubbing. I love the music and the dancing, it's fun. In fact, i'm unable to comprehend how everyone thinks you can't have fun clubbing when you don't drink, maybe I'm just confident, but that makes no sense because I just contradicted myself I guess, make no mistake though I am introverted as ****.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by omarion526
High horse much? :lol:

Not all clubs are trashy full of students throwing up out of their minds. Not all clubs have a **** atmosphere and certainly not all clubs play bad music.. Not all girls go out 'to have fun' just as many go out to get laid as guys do, just as not all guys go out to get laid rather than have a dance and enjoy themselves. Not everyone goes out to get trollied and end up throwing up on the pavement. Some are. that's life..

Yeah it's not for everyone, what in life is, but you sound either kinda jaded and bitter because you didn't get laid, or need to go to a better venue.. I've met plenty of guys and girls at clubs and bars who are sound normal everyday people..

I'm really starting to hate this. We get it, there's an exception to every God damn rule, if you say X is so and so there is of course an exception, the MAJORITY however act in this manner. The MAJORITY of mathematicians are intelligent, there are stupid ones but to assert the entire argument is rubbish because of this is rubbish, generalisations are not only not bad, but much of our understanding of the world comes from them.

NOT ALL CHAVS ARE VULGAR, BUT GUESS WHAT? PRETTY MUCH ALL OF THEM ARE
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 86
A club is a legalized whore house. People will look back at us in 100 years and think 'what the **** where they doing?!'. When you really just sit back and think about it clubbing is... bizarre... I mean every single person has one thing, and one thing only, on their mind. It's just odd to me. I'd much rather be able to communicate with other people using speech, but then I suppose i'm a nutter right?
Reply 87
Clubs are a laugh! Don't really care if it is uncultured, it is still fun. ,
Original post by voodoochild
I don't see how it's possible for any remotely intelligent person to enjoy this activity, especially the university clubs. It's all anyone ever wants to do and a key little "clue" that it's a terrible place to go is everyone has their consciousness and self-awareness completely clubbed to **** with alcohol to even be in there.

What is wrong with young people today, why have we bought into this? I can understand why a girl would like to be in a club to dance but why is it it's seen as the go-to place to socialize with friends? why do men like to go to clubs, you are MEN people, are y'all going there to dance to one direction? why do clubs play such ****ty music, do you even realize one direction is music aimed at little girls? do people even realize how low their cultural standards are? Besides no one gets laid in a club, girls are there to have fun you might get laid once in a while but believe me a girl willing to sleep with a stranger she met at a club is questionable, and i'm not being uptight, i'm being real someone needs to say it so y'all will look at yourselves

I hope in 20 years time saying "lets go to the club" will be as lame and deplorable as saying "lets go to the disco". I was born in the wrong generation, a whole industry has been built around a ****ty exploitative activity which the clubs seemed to have convinced people is the only fun thing to do in university.

Why is it no one I would consider a friend goes to clubs? they too think it's lame; coincidence? why is it everyone who does go to the clubs is dense and substanceless as hell. Why is it when I actually look around in a club i see more frowns than smiles. Why are there always fights and ****? girls crying outside kebab shops. it's actually disgusting the whole scene, I really don't understand this cultural narrative I really hope it dies because our generation must be one of the most pathetic when it comes to having a good time,

i on the other hand am from london and go to psy raves, we know how to have fun there, it's not just the music but the atmosphere, you actually have this friend-making vibe where people are actively walking around talking to each other, whereas clubs have this kind of hostile vain superficial kind of vibe.

Please students of england, boycott these places, you are cashcows for them and they are just ruining your university experience and you don't even realize because you're not used to having better. Raise your cultural standards

I don't see how it's possible for anyone who is remotely intelligent to be so ignorant and backwards about something, just because it doesn't interest them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spaghetti
I don't see how it's possible for anyone who is remotely intelligent to be so ignorant and backwards about something, just because it doesn't interest them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guess what? Smoking weed doesn't interest me, am I allowed to generalise about people that do that? There is such thing as an accurate generalisation, generalisations appeal to probability, people in Birmingham are more likely to have a Brummie accent, it's a generalisation to say so but it's true.
Reply 90
I don't mind clubbing, it loses it's appeal real quick if it's the one activity you do every weekend though.
Original post by Spaghetti

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say it has anything to do with intelligence, but he really does have a point with the substanceless thing, at least from what I've witnessed. Jheeze ****ing louise, the amount of people I've sat next to in a lecture or whilst eating lunch and all they talk about is clubbing (this is not an exaggeration; I spent an entire lunch listening to a girl and a guy talking about vomiting and other vile **** when they go clubbing). Fair enough, mention it once or twice, but when people have no other relevent interests apart from uni work and clubbing, but all the bloody time is just too much. You probably think I'm exaggerating all of this but unfortunately, this is the case and it's seriously sad, especially with the ones who you can tell are socially awkward and just do it to fit in.
Reply 92
Original post by voodoochild
I don't see how it's possible for any remotely intelligent person to enjoy this activity, especially the university clubs. It's all anyone ever wants to do and a key little "clue" that it's a terrible place to go is everyone has their consciousness and self-awareness completely clubbed to **** with alcohol to even be in there.

What is wrong with young people today, why have we bought into this? I can understand why a girl would like to be in a club to dance but why is it it's seen as the go-to place to socialize with friends? why do men like to go to clubs, you are MEN people, are y'all going there to dance to one direction? why do clubs play such ****ty music, do you even realize one direction is music aimed at little girls? do people even realize how low their cultural standards are? Besides no one gets laid in a club, girls are there to have fun you might get laid once in a while but believe me a girl willing to sleep with a stranger she met at a club is questionable, and i'm not being uptight, i'm being real someone needs to say it so y'all will look at yourselves

I hope in 20 years time saying "lets go to the club" will be as lame and deplorable as saying "lets go to the disco". I was born in the wrong generation, a whole industry has been built around a ****ty exploitative activity which the clubs seemed to have convinced people is the only fun thing to do in university.

Why is it no one I would consider a friend goes to clubs? they too think it's lame; coincidence? why is it everyone who does go to the clubs is dense and substanceless as hell. Why is it when I actually look around in a club i see more frowns than smiles. Why are there always fights and ****? girls crying outside kebab shops. it's actually disgusting the whole scene, I really don't understand this cultural narrative I really hope it dies because our generation must be one of the most pathetic when it comes to having a good time,

i on the other hand am from london and go to psy raves, we know how to have fun there, it's not just the music but the atmosphere, you actually have this friend-making vibe where people are actively walking around talking to each other, whereas clubs have this kind of hostile vain superficial kind of vibe.

Please students of england, boycott these places, you are cashcows for them and they are just ruining your university experience and you don't even realize because you're not used to having better. Raise your cultural standards

Wow C, you tell them :smile:, I have never been clubbing and never will, plus my friend is a bouncer so he has informed me of some of the stuff that goes on believe me shocking. Clubbing just seems wack thumbs↑.
Don't like the idea of clubbing but admittedly I haven't been before; I'm going to give it a try at uni just to see if it helps me better see the appeal.
Reply 94
Original post by redferry
What, groping? Pretty much at least once every time I go to a club.

Sorry to hear this. So this type, atleast, of sexual assault is just as common nowadays as in the 70s when DLT was reportedly up to it. Hence, I guess, his rather risky line of defence that its all fuzzy in the memory and everyone was doing it. I do understand the temptation but I struggle to understand why men act on it and abuse women in this way. I guess it is some combination of personality defect and alcohol lowering inhibitions. Once when I was on a plane the air stewardess was in the aisle in front bending forward to speak to a passenger and the guy in the seat behind me felt her bum. I was flabbergasted.
Reply 95
Original post by Zarek
Sorry to hear this. So this type, atleast, of sexual assault is just as common nowadays as in the 70s when DLT was reportedly up to it. Hence, I guess, his rather risky line of defence that its all fuzzy in the memory and everyone was doing it. I do understand the temptation but I struggle to understand why men act on it and abuse women in this way. I guess it is some combination of personality defect and alcohol lowering inhibitions. Once when I was on a plane the air stewardess was in the aisle in front bending forward to speak to a passenger and the guy in the seat behind me felt her bum. I was flabbergasted.

That is suck a dick move.

Last time I went out I was bending over as the bar and some guy put his hand up my skirt and tried to finger me.
How else are men/women supposed to meet? Doing that online bollox isnt without its seedy element and I'm not gonna take up evening classes just to meet a bird.
Reply 97
Original post by redferry
That is suck a dick move.

Last time I went out I was bending over as the bar and some guy put his hand up my skirt and tried to finger me.

vile
Original post by HeavyTeddy
I wouldn't say it has anything to do with intelligence, but he really does have a point with the substanceless thing, at least from what I've witnessed. Jheeze ****ing louise, the amount of people I've sat next to in a lecture or whilst eating lunch and all they talk about is clubbing (this is not an exaggeration; I spent an entire lunch listening to a girl and a guy talking about vomiting and other vile **** when they go clubbing). Fair enough, mention it once or twice, but when people have no other relevent interests apart from uni work and clubbing, but all the bloody time is just too much. You probably think I'm exaggerating all of this but unfortunately, this is the case and it's seriously sad, especially with the ones who you can tell are socially awkward and just do it to fit in.

Wow, I've never met anyone who is that obsessed about clubbing. Fair enough then, I can see how that would irritate you greatly. Most people I know go out maybe once a month, just to let off some steam. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, and it doesn't make them less intelligent/inferior to somebody with a stick up their ass about clubbing.
Reply 99
Original post by Lost Cloud
I was nodding my head and on the verge of giving you a pos rep until you mentioned you go to psy raves instead.

I don't know what that is so I had to Youtube it. :ashamed2: Is this a psy rave?
[video="youtube;MyfAqrU_cDI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyfAqrU_cDI[/video]

Nop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrKIhoRn3Gw

Latest

Trending

Trending