The Student Room Group

Have you ever been a victim of a crime by someone of another race/nationality?

I saw a 10 minute skit about this online (Youtube) in Southampton. Most said no. :smile:

But have you ever yourself been a victim of this, if so what happened? Whats your story..? and did you think it may have been racially motivated?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yeah a black guy pickpocketed me once
Reply 2
Original post by marcus2001
Yeah a black guy pickpocketed me once

Can't tell if being serious.
Reply 3
As I'm mixed race all crimes are generally interracial as I never quite found someone who did anything criminal against me with the exact same racial makeup :smile:

Crimes I've experienced :-

Was mugged in London by 3 Whites, 1 with a kebab knife. Lost wallet, watch and the shoes I was wearing.

Got into a fight with a Black in Oxford, was over a parking lot I was waiting for he tried to go in but I blocked him, he tried to punch me I gave it back to him.

Was mugged in Oxford by 2 Whites, 1 had a knife and wasn't more than 15, the other was high on crack. I gave the one with a knife a hard kick on his face and ran.

Our flat in Oxford had a burglary. Stole a pram, a camera and a watch which we later found at a pawnshop. Done by 3 Whites.

Our car was vandalized in Oxford by our neighbours, White guy with an Indian wife, it was his wife that did it as she wanted the place we parked at. Just some circular scratches. I let the police deal with it and in the end they offered to repaint the car in exchange for a withdrawal of the complaint.

Was assaulted by this Chinese woman in Singapore. I pretended to avoid but let her hit me a few times as I knew it was on CCTV and heh I knew her husband was a rich guy..... the compensation was worth it :biggrin:

Last year was assaulted by this Norwegian woman from some feminist anti-men organization, she got into a debate with me but when she started losing she started name-calling and when she found it had no effect she gave me a slap. Pity she only received a suspended sentence but oh well.

Last year our house had a burglary while we were on holiday, was done by 2 Whites and a Black.
Original post by Alfissti
As I'm mixed race all crimes are generally interracial as I never quite found someone who did anything criminal against me with the exact same racial makeup :smile:

Was mugged in London by 3 Whites, 1 with a kebab knife. Lost wallet, watch and the shoes I was wearing.

Got into a fight with a Black in Oxford, was over a parking lot I was waiting for he tried to go in but I blocked him, he tried to punch me I gave it back to him.

Was mugged in Oxford by 2 Whites, 1 had a knife and wasn't more than 15, the other was high on crack. I gave the one with a knife a hard kick on his face and ran.

Our flat in Oxford had a burglary. Stole a pram, a camera and a watch which we later found at a pawnshop. Done by 3 Whites.

Our car was vandalized in Oxford by our neighbours, White guy with an Indian wife, it was his wife that did it as she wanted the place we parked at. Just some circular scratches. I let the police deal with it and in the end they offered to repaint the car in exchange for a withdrawal of the complaint.

Was assaulted by this Chinese woman in Singapore. I pretended to avoid but let her hit me a few times as I knew it was on CCTV and heh I knew her husband was a rich guy..... the compensation was worth it :biggrin:

Last year was assaulted by this Norwegian woman from some feminist anti-men organization, she got into a debate with me but when she started losing she started name-calling and when she found it had no effect she gave me a slap. Pity she only received a suspended sentence but oh well.

Last year our house had a burglary while we were on holiday, was done by 2 Whites and a Black.

How on earth have you been a victim of so much crime (I use "victim" in the loosest possible sense here...)?
Only crime I think of was someone breaking into my dad's car, when I was a baby visiting my great aunt in Hull, and stealing whatever was there, baby stuff, camera stuff etc. Don't know their race. We were in the house so it happened at night. I heard that he broke into another car, stole it, crashed it and died so I can't help but feel satisfied and cathartic.
Reply 6
I'm mixed, I look completely white... but can flip between my civilized white personality and asian personality.

Once some asians tried to rob me, when they got up to me, I started swearing in a deep asian accent and all of a sudden they were like 'Oh **** bro, sorry thought you were white'

So I guess thats racially motivated.
Reply 7
Original post by Viva Emptiness
How on earth have you been a victim of so much crime (I use "victim" in the loosest possible sense here...)?

Well I come from a country where there isn't really such a thing as a "bad area" and you can generally walk anywhere in the country without any fear of being victim of a crime.

The crimes in UK, all of it happened mainly because I strayed out of the areas I was familiar with thinking it was a safe place as all the crimes actually took place at fairly posh areas or pretty near it. I suppose it might be because I just choose to let my guard down thinking it is a safe place.

The burglaries, the one in Oxford wasn't in the nicest of areas and we had a somewhat predictable schedule due to our work and studies, so it wasn't difficult for the burglars to determine when we were home. The recent one, there was a spate of burglaries in the area, no one was home for a month other than once a week someone came to check on the house. Crime of opportunity I suppose?

The assaults by the 2 women, to be honest I never quite foresaw that either of them would get violent especially the Norwegian.
Reply 8
Original post by 0zzy94
I'm mixed, I look completely white... but can flip between my civilized white personality and asian personality.

Once some asians tried to rob me, when they got up to me, I started swearing in a deep asian accent and all of a sudden they were like 'Oh **** bro, sorry thought you were white'

So I guess thats racially motivated.

Spose so. It's weird they'd mistake you for white though.
No, all crimes against me have been by white people.

I caught a shoplifter in one of my old jobs who was of an ethnic minority background, but it wasn't a crime against me.
The only crimes I've been a victim of were my pokemon cards being stolen in primary school. By my best friend, who was Spanish. I'm certain not all Spanish people are like that, though :lol:
Reply 11
I was mugged in the middle of day going home after school by 2 gypsy guys, one had a knife in pocket and the other one had his hand pressing my neck. I was only ~14 then and scared to death.
Original post by Maid Marian
The only crimes I've been a victim of were my pokemon cards being stolen in primary school. By my best friend, who was Spanish. I'm certain not all Spanish people are like that, though :lol:

I'm Spanish, so it's funny you mention that. We aren't criminal minded people though really. :smile:
ive been mugged twice

both were black

my brother had his bike nicked by two blokes once, one was black the other white
Reply 14
Original post by Alfissti

Seriously? How does one person get so many attacks?
Yes, I was mugged by a Somalian on a bus once.
From what I remember during A Levels, you are most likely to be a victim of someone of your own race.
Reply 17
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yes, I was mugged by a Somalian on a bus once.

Don't go upstairs on any bus.
Original post by xaki90
Don't go upstairs on any bus.

Oh I don't anymore, I sure learnt my lesson :lol:
I've been a victim of international Jewry along with most of the worlds population.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending