The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

This is Britains most "ideal" family-Do you agree?

Poll

Is this an "ideal" British family?

In what way do you think it's ideal?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2642667/Is-Britains-best-looking-family-Model-family-photogenic-appeared-hundreds-magazines-poster-campaigns-TV-adverts.html

Remember, this is what Coudenhove-Kalergi said in his plan for the future of Europe:

"The man of the future will be a mongrel. Today's races and classes will disappear owing to the disappearing of space, time, and prejudice.
The Eurasian-Negroid race of the future, similar in its outward appearance to the Ancient Egyptians, will replace the diversity of peoples with a diversity of individuals"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nikolaus_von_Coudenhove-Kalergi

The Coudenhove-Kalergi European Prize is awarded to this day in the EU.

http://www.european-council.europa.eu/home-page/highlights/president-van-rompuy-is-awarded-european-prize-coudenhove-kalergi-2012-%281%29?lang=en

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by sallyjimjam
In what way do you think it's ideal?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2642667/Is-Britains-best-looking-family-Model-family-photogenic-appeared-hundreds-magazines-poster-campaigns-TV-adverts.html

Remember, this is what Coudenhove-Kalergi said in his plan for the future of Europe:

"The man of the future will be a mongrel. Today's races and classes will disappear owing to the disappearing of space, time, and prejudice.
The Eurasian-Negroid race of the future, similar in its outward appearance to the Ancient Egyptians, will replace the diversity of peoples with a diversity of individuals"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nikolaus_von_Coudenhove-Kalergi

The Coudenhove-Kalergi European Prize is awarded to this day in the EU.

http://www.european-council.europa.eu/home-page/highlights/president-van-rompuy-is-awarded-european-prize-coudenhove-kalergi-2012-%281%29?lang=en

I admit they are a cute couple but not Britain most ideal family...

While I agree that race is a social construct, encouraging interracial marriage will not put an end to racism. In South America, multi-racial Brazil has a large mixed-race population. However, those with European ancestry comprise the country’s elite and privileged, while darker-skinned mulatto and Afro-Brazilians face significant socioeconomic disadvantages and discrimination. The same is true in all of Latin America where an explicit racial hierarchy exists, with those of European lineage at the top, and with those of mestizo, mulatto and indigenous ancestry at the botto

I understand that from a liberal perspective, the entire human race is comprised of descendants from Ethiopia. Race is an arbitrary social construct. However, I prefer to live in a world where individual cultures and identities thrive, without being lost to more dominant cultures. To ensure that our ancestors language, culture, values and ancestral legacy steeped in thousands of years of tradition are preserved, marriage within our ethnic community should be encouraged.
Reply 2
The article doesn't say that- it says their the most beautiful family. And there's a pretty objective case for the family of five models being exactly that.

A mixed race family is a good thing I guess, but no more so really than any family. Don't know what this Kalergis plan thing is, so I haven't voted.
your two points just don't match up

the family have done some modelling which is why they are described as ideal
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by lerjj
The article doesn't say that- it says their the most beautiful famil........

The DM has changed the headline for this but not the article. It was originally "beautiful family.." but then updated it to "ideal"
Reply 5
The DM has changed the headline for this but not the article. It was originally "beautiful family.." but then updated it to "ideal"

Has it also changed the reasoning? Otherwise they're still the 'ideal' family, but we've now defined ideal as being the prettiest.
Reply 6
Original post by yo radical one
your two points just don't match up

the family have done some modelling which is why they are described as ideal

Mother Kimberley says: 'I think we get booked a lot because we are a real mixed race family.

Even the mother doesn't try and lie and dress it up like you :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
An ideal family would not have to be going anywhere near Luton, the blot on the home counties landscape.
Mother Kimberley says: 'I think we get booked a lot because we are a real mixed race family.

Even the mother doesn't try and lie and dress it up like you :rolleyes:

Maybe the companies hiring them think that having a Black person and a White person widens the appeal
Reply 9
Original post by lerjj
Has it also changed the reasoning? Otherwise they're still the 'ideal' family, but we've now defined ideal as being the prettiest.

No, i'd say they can't decide on which piece of newspeak is the most effective in this instance.

I think their use of "ideal" is so blatant only liars and BGT viewers can miss it.
Reply 10
Maybe the companies hiring them think that having a Black person and a White person widens the appeal

Grasping at straws now. Given that we are told mixed race families are still a small number and White families are the majority it would be a pretty silly sales tactic don't you think :rolleyes:
We English are a mongrel nation, and proud of it. Celts, Saxons, Vikings, Danes, Normans, Irish... we all have racially mixed blood. The idea of seeing "white" as a race is a recent thing, well into the 20th century slavs were seen as a clearly distinct race. It's all *******s anyway. Quoting some dead Austrian none of us have heard of is pretty irrelevant.

I didn't select any of the options, they're just good looking people working as models, everything isn't some massive racial conspiracy.

Grasping at straws now. Given that we are told mixed race families are still a small number and White families are the majority it would be a pretty silly sales tactic don't you think :rolleyes:

Well the logic is that white people are more likely to buy stuff with white people in the adverts and black people are most likely to buy stuff with black people in the adverts, so put both in and you're reaching a wider audience. I'd say it's more about looking modern, which mixed race families do. These adverts are all a bit cliche and smiley, and when that's done with a white family it can look very old fashioned.

I know I've asked you questions before and you've been unwilling or unable to answer, but lets try again-

Why would a company care about promoting mixed race marriage? When selecting their adverts, they pick the ones that they think will make the most money. If they thought a white family would make more money, they'd pick a white family. Why would they put promoting race mixing first? It makes no sense.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
No, i'd say they can't decide on which piece of newspeak is the most effective in this instance.

I think their use of "ideal" is so blatant only liars and BGT viewers can miss it.

Considering that nowhere does the article mention much about it and there is as far as I can see one comment? I would say not very blatant, and not intentional.

Everyone who's anti-PC is so paranoid.
Reply 13
Original post by Mankytoes
We English are a mongrel nation, and proud of it. Celts, Saxons, Vikings, Danes, Normans, Irish... .

Yes all White European tribes.

Drop that stupid strawman, it just makes you look silly and it's obvious what you are doing.

What do you want me to say?

The Jews made companies hire them using their sneaky Jew-magic to make White women want Black men, to destroy the White race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUb2OJn1rgY

:fuhrer:

Or maybe having an interracial couple is rare so it stands out more, I don't know, but what I do know is that companies care about making money, they do not care about making White women want Black men, because nobody apart from yourself and your WN friends, even think about this in their daily lives.
Reply 15
What do you want me to say?

The Jews made companies hire them using their sneaky Jew-magic to make White women want Black men, to destroy the White race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUb2OJn1rgY

:fuhrer:

Or maybe having an interracial couple is rare so it stands out more, I don't know, but what I do know is that companies care about making money, they do not care about making White women want Black men, because nobody apart from yourself and your WN friends, even think about this in their daily lives.

Okay, nice ad hominem: you are almost a cartoon version of those anti-White "liberal" trolls that stalk every single forum and post as a little clique.

If there was ever an advert for Poe's Law you are it :rolleyes:
They just look like a family to me. Ideal? Unlikely and I don;t feel it.
Okay, nice ad hominem: you are almost a cartoon version of those anti-White "liberal" trolls that stalk every single forum and post as a little clique.

If there was ever an advert for Poe's Law you are it :rolleyes:

Every time I see one of your threads

it's either moaning about non-Whites being in Britain

moaning about gays

or moaning about Israel

It's so obvious what you are, I don't give a flying **** about other people's marriages it's up to them, but nobody is promoting anything to destroy anyone
Yes all White European tribes.

Drop that stupid strawman, it just makes you look silly and it's obvious what you are doing.

So? There's no logic here. Why is inter racial mixing ok within white European "tribes" but not outside of them? Where is the line? Iranians are usually quite light skinned are they ok? It's totally abitrary. A hundred years ago you would be ranting about Irish and Slavs and Jews and whoever. There's always this fear of "the other". Luckily, most of us are moving past it.

I don't think you know what a strawman is, it's a just a word you've seen a lot on the internet. All your poll options involve their race. What if we just, y'know, don't really care about that? I don't want to actively promote race mixing, or oppose it. It's just something that always happens when races come together, and always will happen. If I like a girl enough, I'll try to form a relationship, race doesn't come into it. Again, this is true for most people.

Edit- it's also funny you keep criticising people's arguments when you used the most stupid and childish kind in your poll, intentionally misspelling "racist" as "waycist". From my visits to Stormfront, internet WN absolute love doing this, the amount of time I've seen someone mockingly say "dats racis!". Solid arguments.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
the future is brown, since brown is inbetween white and black.

Latest

Trending

Trending