The Student Room Group

MRAs rejoice Halle Berry ordered to pay 16,000 a month in child support

Halle Berry's just been ordered by the courts to pay her ex Gabriel Aubrey 16000 a month in child support on top of 115,000 alimony and 300,000 for his legal fees bearing in mind they were never married and they share joint custody. Further backs up my point that the winners out of custody cases are the less wealthy of the couple. 66,000 women in the u.k are paying CS to their exes so women don't always win custody of the children it is likely the primary carer will win custody ( the one who makes food, cleans,bathes takes them to school) which is in the majority of cases the mother.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The Man tax issue is far worse than custody.

#notaslave
Original post by vickidc18
Halle Berry's just been ordered by the courts to pay her ex Gabriel Aubrey 16000 a month in child support on top of 115,000 alimony and 300,000 for his legal fees bearing in mind they were never married and they share joint custody. Further backs up my point that the winners out of custody cases are the less wealthy of the couple. 66,000 women in the u.k are paying CS to their exes so women don't always win custody of the children it is likely the primary carer will win custody ( the one who makes food, cleans,bathes takes them to school) which is in the majority of cases the mother.

So whoever has the deepest pockets bears the brunt you say? A notion that bears ill for men considering the whole "gender pay gap" and how women are, on average, paid less than men. :rolleyes:

I would stress, though, that whether or not it is the man or the woman who ends up paying CS is not the primary focus of these issues. Nor should it be. The welfare of the child should always come first. I don't see what you are trying to prove with this thread, OP.
Reply 3
Original post by Fireking
The Man tax issue is far worse than custody.

#notaslave

Your mother's maternity care while she was pregnant with you was paid by taxes, your child benefit paid to your mum for your new shoes, paid by taxes your education paid by taxes, the antibiotics you needed paid by taxes don't talk the same old **** we have ALL used a considerable amount of tax money both boys and girls even before adulthood to meet the costs of our healthcare and education.
Your mother's maternity care while she was pregnant with you was paid by taxes, your child benefit paid to your mum for your new shoes, paid by taxes your education paid by taxes, the antibiotics you needed paid by taxes don't talk the same old **** we have ALL used a considerable amount of tax money both boys and girls even before adulthood to meet the costs of our healthcare and education.

The argument goes that men seek high paying private sector positions (they net contribute tax) whereas women tend to seek state-funded positions (nurses, teachers, civil servants etc.) and make much more use of state resources (healthcare, pensions etc.).
Reply 5
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
The argument goes that men seek high paying private sector positions (they net contribute tax) whereas women tend to seek state-funded positions (nurses, teachers, civil servants etc.) and make much more use of state resources (healthcare, pensions etc.).

Someone needs to wipe Mr bankers arse when he gets old and incontinent even the rich and highly taxed aren't immune to age and poor health, someone also needs to teach the next generation so these men can go into high paid professions also I'd like to add the majority of the nursing jobs in my area some 750 in a 10 mile radius are in the private sector nursing homes etc only a handful were within NHS hospitals.
If it's joint custody, then why the **** is she paying him child support?
Reply 7
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
If it's joint custody, then why the **** is she paying him child support?

Cause she's rich.
Reply 8
Cause she's rich.

I know this is unfair, but this is an issue in wider society. Society effectively 'targets' the rich, just look at the ridiculous tax rate they incur for starters. No surprise they're targeting her too.

This kid is gonna end up so spoilt fml.
Reply 9

You're joking right?

My education was a disgrace and part of the reason why I am libertarian. The only teacher I had who was good was my dad. he taught me maths and now I have a master's degree in engineering. My British school suggested i become a manual worker.

End the man tax. I am not a slave for a bunch of classless single mothers and their chav offspring.
Original post by Inexorably
I know this is unfair, but this is an issue in wider society. Society effectively 'targets' the rich, just look at the ridiculous tax rate they incur for starters. No surprise they're targeting her too.

This kid is gonna end up so spoilt fml.

This is nothing to do with society targetting the rich. It is not society who gets the money in these cases - it is the child. $16,000 does seem a lot and the child probably will end up spoilt but the point is that the child should be no worse off than if their parents were together (if this is possible, which it usually isn't after a separation). Family law cases put the child's welfare first when making decisions which is why the richer parent has to pay the other partner when they are involved in bringing up the child.
Reply 11
Original post by ArtGoblin
This is nothing to do with society targetting the rich. It is not society who gets the money in these cases - it is the child. $16,000 does seem a lot and the child probably will end up spoilt but the point is that the child should be no worse off than if their parents were together (if this is possible, which it usually isn't after a separation). Family law cases put the child's welfare first when making decisions which is why the richer parent has to pay the other partner when they are involved in bringing up the child.

Gabriel Aubrey is worth $4.5 million so he's in no way the poor average man, he can easily afford to give his child a good life with the money he has,
Gabriel Aubrey is worth $4.5 million so he's in no way the poor average man, he can easily afford to give his child a good life with the money he has,

Presumably she has a lot more money though so it is unfair that they should contribute equally to the child's upbringing.
Reply 13
Original post by ArtGoblin
Presumably she has a lot more money though so it is unfair that they should contribute equally to the child's upbringing.

But they share JOINT custody, da***?
MRAs have small penises. :lol:
Just shows feminism is now benefiting both men and women. Ofcourse Halle Berry should pay for her child to live in the comfort that reflect's her mother's wealth.
Cause she's rich.

Or because the child spends more time with the father even though it is joint custody.
Lol. 16000 is absolutely nothing for Halle Berry.
Original post by Shiroyuki
MRAs have small penises. :lol:

Have you slept with many?

An article on this topic said that Aubrey disclosed earnings of about $190k for the last financial year, while Halle Berry was close to $5mio. That discrepancy is why she's gotta pay.

(not that I necessarily agree with the idea of uncapped custody payments and the whole concept of 'maintaining previous lifestyle', regardless of the gender of the payer)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending