The Student Room Group

The end of humanity is coming. The Transhumanist agenda exists.

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I sympathise greatly with the idea of improving the human condition wherever possible, but I don't have much faith in the movement; it's too radical and idealistic, as well as dangerous.
Reply 3
Original post by TheTranshumanist
I sympathise greatly with the idea of improving the human condition wherever possible, but I don't have much faith in the movement; it's too radical and idealistic, as well as dangerous.

Yes, it is very elitist. There would most likey be mind control taking place. The slavery never ends, does it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why is this the end of humanity ?
There have been crazy people since the start of humanity. But now with the internet you can actually hear the crazy people and realise how crazy they really are.
Reply 6
Original post by DiddyDec
There have been crazy people since the start of humanity. But now with the internet you can actually hear the crazy people and realise how crazy they really are.

Are you calling me crazy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by democracyforum
Why is this the end of humanity ?

Did you read the article in the link?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm too tired now to read the whole article in detail, but I do agree with the general idea of transhumanism. In fact, I think it's only logical that we augment ourselves with technology; We're already doing it with phones, watches, computers, etc. The difference is that those ways are less extreme.

I don't think "the end of humanity" is the correct way of calling it. It's likely that technically we will no longer be "humans" in the traditional sense, and as we become more and more "cyborg-ish" and robots become more intelligent it'll be increasingly difficult to differentiate between the two, but to call it the end of humanity is extreme. :biggrin:

The article is a zealot's work though. And I don't think that "the Hive Mind" will be a popular idea.
Lol this technology is going to be in the hands of profit-seeking corporations. Do you really think they care about spreading happiness and eliminating suffering? There's only one thing those psychopaths funding this project are looking for - upgrading us imperfect, obsolete humans to obedient, conscience-free, tireless workers. I'm not eager to be a corporate-made slave.
Reply 10
There might be a drug, which, without other harmful effects, removed the urgency of sexual desire, and so, reproduced in humanity the status of workers in a beehive.

The ****? No thanks.
Reply 11
While I agree the purpose of life can vary, being a subjective interpretation, some of the concepts mentioned are ridiculous, serving only to remove any purpose worth having in life. For example removing 'sexual desire'. I agree and accept that improving Human's biologically (i.e. increasing life-span) should be a priority. However some of these ideas sound plain dystopian.
Original post by Arieisit
Are you calling me crazy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you really need to ask? I think you already know the answer.
reminds me ofbjork
Reply 14
Original post by DiddyDec
Do you really need to ask? I think you already know the answer.

I am not crazy. It just seems you can't come up with anything decent to discuss. And please I don't want any arguments so anything counterproductive to this thread after this, I will refrain response.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by sophiamarni
reminds me ofbjork

What is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not crazy. It just seems you can't come up with anything decent to discuss. And please I don't want any arguments so anything counterproductive to this thread after this, I will refrain response.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone is a little bit crazy once you get to know them. However I never actually said you were crazy, I simply stated that would would know the answer to whether or not you were crazy.
Technology should only be used to repair injuries/repair broken bones(generally only permanent implants where absolutely necessary to replace/aid organs that fail)we should not engineer humans into some sort of super race of robots that have lost the whole point of being human.If you don't see this then you should think why killing a computer isn't considered murder because the computer has noone inside nothing just information and processors it might be cleverer than a human but its not one by trying to improve ourselves wit technology that is what humans will slowly evolve into.

a singer look up all is love bjork
Reply 19
Original post by HexBugMaster
I'm too tired now to read the whole article in detail, but I do agree with the general idea of transhumanism. In fact, I think it's only logical that we augment ourselves with technology; We're already doing it with phones, watches, computers, etc. The difference is that those ways are less extreme.

I don't think "the end of humanity" is the correct way of calling it. It's likely that technically we will no longer be "humans" in the traditional sense, and as we become more and more "cyborg-ish" and robots become more intelligent it'll be increasingly difficult to differentiate between the two, but to call it the end of humanity is extreme. :biggrin:

The article is a zealot's work though. And I don't think that "the Hive Mind" will be a popular idea.

This is exactly why it would be the end of humanity. We'll no longer be humans essentially and that is the problem.

How do you not see the problem with this, given our history?

From the article.

One of the primary concepts of the Transhumanist agenda is "The Hive Mind".

The founders of Transhumanism have elitist views about what humanity should be. This Human Beehive concept has been envisioned by the ruling elite class throughout history as the ideal society. The ultimate slave race, scientifically designed to conform, obey and serve the needs of the elite worker bees who do not question or rebel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending