The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do women have a sense of entitlement?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samsun53
What don't you understand? Women are paid less because women do not make as much money as men!

Look around you...everything is made by men....your iphone, your laptop,

Men build and make money, much more than women, therefore companies want a man and will pay more to keep him.

What don't you understand?????

It was a woman who gave birth to said men...
Reply 41
What don't you understand? Women are paid less because women do not make as much money as men!

Look around you...everything is made by men....your iphone, your laptop,

Men build and make money, much more than women, therefore companies want a man and will pay more to keep him.

What don't you understand?????

Most statistics don't take into account the fact that women often work part time due to maternal duties. So, obviously they are going to be earning less. Also, women are less confident in the higher positions because of the discouraging culture that you are helping to perpetuate.

Companies will be more lenient in employing a man because they know they can not lose him to maternity leave. However, there is a problem in our society where women are payed less for the exact same job for the exact same number of hours.
Reply 42
Original post by donutaud15
While I admit engineering and such do not have enough women, do you know that the first computer programmer was a woman? A major contribution I would say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you know the Tv was invented by a man? so was the radio..so was the plane...so was the train.....

for every 1 woman there are 100 men who invent something!

Men make more money than women! this is why companies pay more to keep a man than a woman!

Its not sexism its economics.
Reply 43
Original post by Freudian Slip
I gotta ask, do you have a hard time getting laid with this attitude?

Always with the attack on virgins :indiff:
Can you read? here is what I said "I notice it is usually women who have a sense of entitlement"

Usually as in both sexses do it but I see it more with women.

For the love of God, please read what I write before you make claims.

Arghhhhh I AM SO SORRY.

(I can read. Or at least I thought I could. Man this is so embarrassing.)

Though to women have been so oppressed over the years, a sense of entitlement was always going to be developed once more freedom was gained. It'll fade in a couple of hundred years. :smile: (Just be patient.)
Original post by TheBBQ
Always with the attack on virgins :indiff:

Oops! :erm:
Did you know the Tv was invented by a man? so was the radio..so was the plane...so was the train.....

Men make more money than women! this is why companies pay more to keep a man than a woman!

it's also to do with the opportunities for education that women have…. which have been considerably less than men in the past.
Original post by Freudian Slip
It was a woman who gave birth to said men...

But it was men who inspired and taught these men :biggrin:
But yeah gender,race,religion is all bull**** when you think about it
(edited 9 years ago)

Yes but did you also know that women get paid exactly the same in some engineering companies? Because, guess what, they do the exact same thing as the men. Some even get paid more as they do a better job.

I was also told once that a company who would discriminate based on gender is not worth working for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blue_Mason
But it was men who inspired and taught these men :biggrin:

Hey, I'm not a man hater, props to both sexes... :woo:
Can you read? here is what I said "I notice it is usually women who have a sense of entitlement"

Usually as in both sexses do it but I see it more with women.

For the love of God, please read what I write before you make claims.

Yes, but then you went on to say things like "women do..." (notice, not "some women do"), and when I said "only some women are like this, not all of us" your reply was "don't deny it".
So you've actually been quite inconsistent.

Aside from this. If you're now agreeing that the majority of women are actually not like this, then we have nothing more to discuss.
Reply 51
Yes but did you also know that women get paid exactly the same in some engineering companies? Because, guess what, they do the exact same thing as the men. Some even get paid more as they do a better job.

I was also told once that a company who would discriminate based on gender is not worth working for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Example.....the best paid engineering in apple are men! why? because they are the best at the job, they can solve complex problems.

Men have an inventive mind, it is the result of thousands of years of evolution.
Reply 52
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Yes, but then you went on to say things like "women do..." (notice, not "some women do"), and when I said "only some women are like this, not all of us" your reply was "don't deny it".
So you've actually been quite inconsistent.

Aside from this. If you're now agreeing that the majority of women are actually not like this, then we have nothing more to discuss.

Lets make this simple.

I would say...around 80% of women have this feeling of entitlement.
Society teaches women its ok to use men for their money and she is a princess.
But if a man uses a woman for her money he is seen as scum, low life, a bum!

And about 20% of men, these are usually the ones from well off parents.
Example.....the best paid engineering in apple are men! why? because they are the best at the job, they can solve complex problems.

Men have an inventive mind, it is the result of thousands of years of evolution.

As I said, some engineering companies pay women exactly the same as men. Some get paid more. Because these companies hire smart women who works the same as men.

Also I've no doubt that men have inventive minds but to say women aren't inventive is idiocy. Especially since women made contributions to world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't see you inventing anything OP. And judging by your disgusting misogynistic (butt hurt women don't want to sleep with you) attitude, you are a "man" though personally I'd class you as a boy.

It's no wonder women are so reluctant to get into the career fields you're mentioning when they are constantly belittled by people (and that's a kind word for you) like you and made to feel like they don't belong there.

Stop standing on the "high horse" of your gender, especially when you have nothing personally to show for it.
Reply 55
As I said, some engineering companies pay women exactly the same as men. Some get paid more. Because these companies hire smart women who works the same as men.

Also I've no doubt that men have inventive minds but to say women aren't inventive is idiocy. Especially since women made contributions to world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not saying women do not contribute by inventing things...what I am saying is men contribute more due to evolution and women contribute by giving birth more

There are more genius among men than women, that is a fact, please google it and research and don't let political correctness get in the way.
Lets make this simple.

I would say...around 80% of women have this feeling of entitlement.
Society teaches women its ok to use men for their money and she is a princess.
But if a man uses a woman for her money he is seen as scum, low life, a bum!

And about 20% of men, these are usually the ones from well off parents.

Guessing statistics, and pulling them out of thin air, really doesn't prove any point.

I suppose we had better call an end to this discussion, as you have nothing constructive to add.
In the same way the invention of the 'friend zone' is essentially just an illustration of the fact that some guys feel entitled to sex simply because they have a penis?
Reply 58
Original post by SophieSmall
I

Yes I have, I did science at a Russell Group university and will work in the field of consulting soon.

I think on averge I will make more contribution to this world, because of my rebellious thinking and not follow silly ignorant political correctness like sheep.

Other men's inventions are not to your credit if you individually are stupid as all hell.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending