The Student Room Group

Should Abortion be made illegal?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Messalina
Yo, I'm a ****ty person with little respect for others and life in general!

I'm not though, you just have a horrid outlook on life. Mind your own business and don't judge other people for their actions when you don't know squat about them. P.S. if it's convenient, I'll have another abortion. Just for you :tongue:

Eh ye. If someone goes out and murders someone you know they're a murderer. So you do know squat about them.

Pretty good example of what I was referring to though tbh.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Eh ye. If someone goes out and murders someone you know they're a murderer. So you do know squat about them.

Pretty good example of what I was referring to though tbh.

Nope I'm just tired of small minded people like you (who conveniently, will never have to go through an abortion or unwanted pregnancy, so are in a fantastic position to look down upon those who do) who cast judgement and don't actually show any level-headedness in their opinions. I revel in irritating people like you by talking about the abortions I've had, because all too many people on your side of the argument revel in shaming women who have them.

It's not murder. The law does not say it is murder. It's just you who does, and your word on a student forum means squat. So hey diddly ho, lets all be friends and stop complaining about the legality of something that happens and will continue to happen whether you like it or not, eh? :smile:
Nope I'm just tired of small minded people like you (who conveniently, will never have to go through an abortion or unwanted pregnancy, so are in a fantastic position to look down upon those who do) who cast judgement and don't actually show any level-headedness in their opinions. I revel in irritating people like you by talking about the abortions I've had, because all too many people on your side of the argument revel in shaming women who have them.

It's not murder. The law does not say it is murder. It's just you who does, and your word on a student forum means squat. So hey diddly ho, lets all be friends and stop complaining about the legality of something that happens and will continue to happen whether you like it or not, eh? :smile:

I am pretty level headed. Not like I'm angry about it and would attack you if I saw you lmfao. I'd just avoid you.

This is a debate thread btw.
I am pretty level headed. Not like I'm angry about it and would attack you if I saw you lmfao. I'd just avoid you.

This is a debate thread btw.

I'm sure I'd avoid you too, you don't sound much like a person I'd like to spend much time around :smile:

It is indeed a debate thread, I am posing my own opinion, and you are posing yours. Or is there some other sublime element to debate that we are missing the point of? Perhaps I should blame Islam and break the rules of the forum to the extent that the thread is temporarily closed by the mods, it seems to happen on most other threads. I'd like to think I'm more law abiding than that though..
I'm sure I'd avoid you too, you don't sound much like a person I'd like to spend much time around :smile:

It is indeed a debate thread, I am posing my own opinion, and you are posing yours. Or is there some other sublime element to debate that we are missing the point of? Perhaps I should blame Islam and break the rules of the forum to the extent that the thread is temporarily closed by the mods, it seems to happen on most other threads. I'd like to think I'm more law abiding than that though..

"So hey diddly ho, lets all be friends and stop complaining about the legality of something that happens and will continue to happen whether you like it or not, eh?"

Tis pretty much what the thread is about lel. Which is why I pointed out it's a debate thread.
"So hey diddly ho, lets all be friends and stop complaining about the legality of something that happens and will continue to happen whether you like it or not, eh?"

Tis pretty much what the thread is about lel. Which is why I pointed out it's a debate thread.

Meh I don't like seeing debate threads descending into base slurs and insults to the extent of getting shut down. I've been on TSR long enough to know this is one of those "hot topics" which will end up that way. If we can all be friends and just debate in a nice way then hey, it's a bonus, right?
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Let me just ask. Say you go to a party, hook up with some girl and then go off and have sex. You've no intention of ever seeing her again. She gets pregnant and wants to abort. Are you seriously going to try and stop her getting an abortion? Force her to carry around a fetus that she never even wanted?

Many people would be sensible enough not to do that in the first place (even if their natural instincts were urging them to) specifically because they don't want to put themselves in that position of having an unplanned, unborn child, with a stranger.

From someone with a bit of foresight and responsibility, a little self restraint to avoid such risks is really not a lot to ask for.
Original post by tazarooni89
Many people would be sensible enough not to do that in the first place (even if their natural instincts were urging them to) specifically because they don't want to put themselves in that position of having an unplanned, unborn child, with a stranger.

From someone with a bit of foresight and responsibility, a little self restraint to avoid such risks is really not a lot to ask for.

A lot of people lack foresight and responsibility in the heat of the moment, particularly if any inebriating substances are involved. Just sayin', people make mistakes all the time...
Meh I don't like seeing debate threads descending into base slurs and insults to the extent of getting shut down. I've been on TSR long enough to know this is one of those "hot topics" which will end up that way. If we can all be friends and just debate in a nice way then hey, it's a bonus, right?

I've pretty much said everything I have to say on the subject tbh. That it's murder once the feotus has a brain and can think/dream/feel pain etc.

And before that it's mostly stem cells and it's less of a big deal since it can't really feel anything. But I still think it's wrong to kill it.

Especially since a lot of it goes back to people just wanting to have fun and not caring about the consequences. Kinda similar to getting drunk and running someone over in a car and not caring. And you're right I probably will never even be with a girl who has to make this kind of decision because I care about things like this.
A lot of people lack foresight and responsibility in the heat of the moment, particularly if any inebriating substances are involved. Just sayin', people make mistakes all the time...

That's pretty much my whole point. If it's their mistake, then in the first instance, the burden of that mistake is theirs to bear. Becoming inebriated, and subsequently ending up in an undesirable situation is again, their mistake. It's just a factor that significantly weakens the "I have a right not to be pregnant" side of the argument, when they put themselves in that situation in the first place.

It's as ironic as someone lying down on a set of train tracks and then saying "I have a right to life".
(edited 9 years ago)

Not mistakes like this.

A lot of people will never do that. Because they're mindful of the consequences or they just don't want to.

It's the same with cheating. People use that as an excuse all the time 'everyone makes mistakes'. No not everyone lol.
Lets just turn a blind eye when someone gets murdered or raped. Mind our own business. Good thinking.

Lol ah whatever, go talk rubbish to someone else
Not mistakes like this.

A lot of people will never do that. Because they're mindful of the consequences or they just don't want to.

It's the same with cheating. People use that as an excuse all the time 'everyone makes mistakes'. No not everyone lol.

Yes mistakes like this. People make mistakes. YOU may not, but other people will. And you looking down your nose at them won't change that. I got pregnant twice, and had two abortions, because my contraception failed. That was a mistake. Doesn't make me a cheat or a liar, it means that I had sex (shock horror) and some naughty sperm found its way into my naughty vagina and fertilised my naughty eggs. Naughty mistake. Such wow. Many shock.

I was mindful of pregnancy, but I STILL GOT PREGNANT. And I didn't want a baby. So I got an abortion. It's not rocket science mate. Sick of snotty people acting all high and mighty when they never have to consider what it might be like to go through this.
Yes mistakes like this. People make mistakes. YOU may not, but other people will. And you looking down your nose at them won't change that. I got pregnant twice, and had two abortions, because my contraception failed. That was a mistake. Doesn't make me a cheat or a liar, it means that I had sex (shock horror) and some naughty sperm found its way into my naughty vagina and fertilised my naughty eggs. Naughty mistake. Such wow. Many shock.

I was mindful of pregnancy, but I STILL GOT PREGNANT. And I didn't want a baby. So I got an abortion. It's not rocket science mate. Sick of snotty people acting all high and mighty when they never have to consider what it might be like to go through this.

Maaaaaaaate. The reason I'll never have to consider what it might be like to go through it is because even though I've had quite a few girlfriends I'm still a virgin. And it's because I don't agree with abortion and I also don't want to take care of a kid right now. I'd love to go around shagging everyone but I don't want my child's blood on my hands to be perfectly honest, especially since it's not my decision (by law) whether they live or die.
^This is the one and only reason I don't go around having casual sex with people.

The only way I'd look at you differently is if you were raped or if the pregnancy was life threatening.
Maaaaaaaate. The reason I'll never have to consider what it might be like to go through it is because even though I've had quite a few girlfriends I'm still a virgin. And it's because I don't agree with abortion and I also don't want to take care of a kid right now. I'd love to go around shagging everyone but I don't want my child's blood on my hands to be perfectly honest, especially since it's not my decision (by law) whether they live or die.
^This is the one and only reason I don't go around having casual sex with people.

The only way I'd look at you differently is if you were raped or if the pregnancy was life threatening.

No, the reason you'll never have to consider what it is like is because you are male. You will never be pregnant with a baby that you do not want. Have the decency to respect the decisions of those who will go through that, rather than assuming you know better.

You can shag everyone if you like (if they're willing) just wear a condom. It's simple.

I'll still look at you as a privileged and entitled male who has no respect for the bodily autonomy of women, so I guess we're even! If it makes you feel better, I've been raped too, but oh so sadly that didn't result in pregnancy, I only got knocked up through consensual sex, poor ickle me. Still, I've had two abortions, and I'd happily have however more I need to if I get pregnant again when I am not ready to have children. And many women will do the same. And your snobby attitude won't change that, not one bit. It'll just give me more pleasure in the act, because ****, if you can feel vindicated in looking down on women's choices with their own bodies, I can feel vindicated in making whatever choices with my body that I please.
No, the reason you'll never have to consider what it is like is because you are male. You will never be pregnant with a baby that you do not want. Have the decency to respect the decisions of those who will go through that, rather than assuming you know better.

You can shag everyone if you like (if they're willing) just wear a condom. It's simple.

I'll still look at you as a privileged and entitled male who has no respect for the bodily autonomy of women, so I guess we're even! If it makes you feel better, I've been raped too, but oh so sadly that didn't result in pregnancy, I only got knocked up through consensual sex, poor ickle me. Still, I've had two abortions, and I'd happily have however more I need to if I get pregnant again when I am not ready to have children. And many women will do the same. And your snobby attitude won't change that, not one bit. It'll just give me more pleasure in the act, because ****, if you can feel vindicated in looking down on women's choices with their own bodies, I can feel vindicated in making whatever choices with my body that I please.

Ye I could shag everyone if I wanted to. But condoms aren't even 100% effective so I don't tbh. But I'm getting to the point where if I did get someone pregnant I wouldn't mind taking care of the baby so it won't matter much to me soon.

Ye you chose to bring a life into the world. And then you chose to take that life away.

Difference with being raped is you don't choose. Although I'd have the highest respect for any woman who would choose to let the child live.

Well I think that's rather sad how you derive pleasure in killing something but it's not like I can stop you.
Ye I could shag everyone if I wanted to. But condoms aren't even 100% effective so I don't tbh. But I'm getting to the point where if I did get someone pregnant I wouldn't mind taking care of the baby so it won't matter much to me soon.

Ye you chose to bring a life into the world. And then you chose to take that life away.

Difference with being raped is you don't choose. Although I'd have the highest respect for any woman who would choose to let the child live.

Well I think that's rather sad how you derive pleasure in killing something but it's not like I can stop you.

I chose to have sex, not to have a baby. Clearly you're incapable of respecting other human's bodily autonomy, guess we're just lucky that numbskulls on your wavelength aren't responsible for the laws of this country eh?

TLDR; women don't give a crap about what you think of their choices, they'll make their responses regardless. Because your opinion is irrelevant in the face of their choices with their own bodies. And that's a very, very good thing.
I chose to have sex, not to have a baby. Clearly you're incapable of respecting other human's bodily autonomy, guess we're just lucky that numbskulls on your wavelength aren't responsible for the laws of this country eh?

TLDR; women don't give a crap about what you think of their choices, they'll make their responses regardless. Because your opinion is irrelevant in the face of their choices with their own bodies. And that's a very, very good thing.

See this is what I was talking about when I say I avoid people with your view point. You're just very immature trying to make me angry by saying stuff like you'l be thinking of me the next time you have an abortion lmfao. You're the one with a lack of respect for other humans since you place so little value in the child's life that you're responsible for.

People with your view just have a 'me me me me' attitude. So much so that you'l go as far as killing another human just to make your own life that much more enjoyable.

Anyway you won't make me angry. I've accepted that bad stuff goes on inthe world that I can't do anything about. Just how it is.
(edited 9 years ago)

This is exactly what I was on about earlier. You are punishing women for daring to have sex when they don't want a child. It's damn near 'slut-shaming'. 'Oh, look at her, she had sex and now she has to raise a child!

She did not choose to bring life into the world. She chose to have sex. They are two entirely different things.

You're asserting (or trying to) your control over a woman's body. If men were the ones who had to deal with pregnancy, none of this **** would be happening because they'd be in control of their own bodies, as it should be. I would never try and tell you what to do with your dick, so why are you trying to tell us what to do with our vaginas?
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
This is exactly what I was on about earlier. You are punishing women for daring to have sex when they don't want a child. It's damn near 'slut-shaming'. 'Oh, look at her, she had sex and now she has to raise a child!

She did not choose to bring life into the world. She chose to have sex. They are two entirely different things.

You're asserting (or trying to) your control over a woman's body. If men were the ones who had to deal with pregnancy, none of this **** would be happening because they'd be in control of their own bodies, as it should be. I would never try and tell you what to do with your dick, so why are you trying to tell us what to do with our vaginas?

not telling you to do anything. I'm just stating my opinion.

Sucks that lives have to be destroyed just because people want to have fun though.

And she did chose to bring a life into the world. You know damn well what happens when you have sex lmfao. They teach you that in school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending