The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

If "Black" people have say the N word does that mean Indians can say the P word

And "White" people can call each other "White" trash and Jews can call each other the Y word?

Scroll to see replies

I know plenty of Indian people who refer to Pakistanis as "the P word". It's just they don't want to be associated with it. Like calling Irish Northern Irish.
Although 'p***s' is used to insult people from an Indian background, it can also be used as a slur by Indians to Pakistanis. So no. Also 'white trash' is racist towards black people because it implies that they are somehow below the rest of the white population, whereas 'black trash' doesn't exist as it is assumed that all black people are already below the white population.
Original post by Snagprophet
I know plenty of Indian people who refer to Pakistanis as "the P word". It's just they don't want to be associated with it. Like calling Irish Northern Irish.

It's really confusing to me, it's just a shorten way of saying Pakistianin.
Reply 4
never heard UK blacks call each other ***** (not the racist word, the US rap word..)
Reply 5
People need to come to some sort of consensus really. I don't say any of those words but it's annoying to see people be berated for saying such words when others don't mind
Reply 6
Original post by AvatarMew
And "White" people can call each other "White" trash and Jews can call each other the Y word?

As a Spurs fan with the football community heavily based around being Jewish, a lot of chants involve the "y word" - so yeah I guess they can
Original post by ArtGoblin
Although 'p***s' is used to insult people from an Indian background, it can also be used as a slur by Indians to Pakistanis. So no. Also 'white trash' is racist towards black people because it implies that they are somehow below the rest of the white population, whereas 'black trash' doesn't exist as it is assumed that all black people are already below the white population.

Gender is important with race as well as White women are possibly the most privileged people on the planet, so we must not forget that.
Original post by septimius
never heard UK blacks call each other ***** (not the racist word, the US rap word..)

Some people do but i don't think there is any need to use the word whether the person is black or white or asian :dontknow:
Haaha, Indians are not P*****. They're Indians. But yeah, It's just seems as though it's ghetto, full of themselves/inappropriate Black guys in the 'hood' who use that word tbh.
Original post by wonderandmystery
Gender is important with race as well as White women are possibly the most privileged people on the planet, so we must not forget that.

Hilarious. And irrelevant to this particular discussion.
indians aren't ***** though...

that's like calling a white guy a ***** :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's a 'Y word'? This is so stupid urgh. :sigh:
I don't really care who uses what word. What matters is the context. Also can we just say the words without saying 'the p word' or 'the n word'. We're not 5 years old.
Reply 14
Original post by septimius

erm it is the same thing
Pretty sure people no matter whether black or otherwise aren't allowed to say the "N word"
No they can't seeing as it's a racist term against Pakistani's.

There's a difference between ethnic minorities appropriating the racial slurs used against them and in doing so subverting their meanings, and members of other ethnic groups using those racial slurs.
Original post by AvatarMew
It's really confusing to me, it's just a shorten way of saying Pakistianin.

Indians are not Pakistani, they are Indians. Why would they refer to themselves as "Pakis"?
a) What the hell is the "Y" word?

and, b)

Original post by ArtGoblin
Also 'white trash' is racist towards black people because it implies that they are somehow below the rest of the white population, whereas 'black trash' doesn't exist as it is assumed that all black people are already below the white population.

Wait, what?
I'd rather no one used the n word

Latest

Trending

Trending