The Student Room Group

Drug users are the Lowest form of human beings. Behind Murderers and Rapist.

Drugs like heroin, methamphetamine, oxycontin, cocaineetc.... Are dumbing down the youth and there is a major epidemic in this country that you rarely see in the news!

Drugs lead to addiction and addiction forces addicts to commit crimes such theft and burglaries to be able to support their habits. Theft and burglary allows the addict to obtain this valuable personal property .

something needs to be done, we have a generation that repeats previous mistakes..

I think our only way to save society is to bring back the death penalty.

lt will definitely free up the spaces in the jails and prisons and maybe it'll inspire people not to do drugs knowing that they're gonna lose

Scroll to see replies

Logically, I agree. Morally, I disagree in every possible sense. Can I ask, not being sarcastic or offensive, whether you agree with the Nazis?
Reply 2
but who was paedophiles?
My uncle was a fairly large drug trafficker selling heroin and meth, of which he manufactured himself. Were would he go on your scale?
Original post by Karthikaslk
Drugs like heroin, methamphetamine, oxycontin, cocaineetc.... Are dumbing down the youth

Do you by any chance take any of the aforementioned drugs?
Reply 5
my town is i full l of druggies.

I hate them , they make life miserable for law abiding citizen like me .
Reply 6
Original post by College_Dropout
My uncle was a fairly large drug trafficker selling heroin and meth, of which he manufactured himself. Were would he go on your scale?

People like your uncle should be executed for crime against society.
They're fighting for the bottom but not quite there yet but yes, prison is a silly punishment for them.
Original post by Makif7a8
People like your uncle should be executed for crime against society.

Why? People also become addicted to alcohol and tobacco and turn to crime to fund them too, but I guess thats okay because the government says so hey?
Original post by Karthikaslk
Drugs like heroin, methamphetamine, oxycontin, cocaineetc.... Are dumbing down the youth and there is a major epidemic in this country that you rarely see in the news!

Drugs lead to addiction and addiction forces addicts to commit crimes such theft and burglaries to be able to support their habits. Theft and burglary allows the addict to obtain this valuable personal property .

something needs to be done, we have a generation that repeats previous mistakes..

I think our only way to save society is to bring back the death penalty.

lt will definitely free up the spaces in the jails and prisons and maybe it'll inspire people not to do drugs knowing that they're gonna lose

Barely worth rebutting, but:

1. Drugs only directly damage oneself, whereas murder and rape fundamentally damage and hurt other human beings. Though as a society we restrict individual liberty for the sake of protecting the vulnerable, it is theoretically a person's right to destroy themselves and their lives if they want to - there are no laws against drinking or smoking yourself to death. It is nobody's right, however, to rob others of their safety and their lives. As murder and rape primarily negatively affect others, rather than primarily negatively affecting oneself like drug use, surely they are the worse crimes.

2. "Dumbing down the youth"? Sorry, but since when are all - or even most - "youths" on drugs? How is it an epidemic to the degree that it's ruining an entire generation? Yes, some young people have drug problems. Perhaps more young people have drug problems than older people (though older generations surely take the cake in terms of killing themselves through alcoholism and smoking addictions.) But you are judging an entire generation as "dumb" because of a tiny minority of people, and completely ignoring the fact that you cannot generalise an entire generation of people. This generation is perhaps the best-educated in history, with the most people going to further and higher education.

3. Struggling to see what relevance this has. Some addicts (not all) commit crime to support their habit, yes. This means drug use is a problem, yes. Still struggling to see how theft of personal property is worse than murder or rape. Even if it was worse, it doesn't mean that drug addiction is worse - not all drug addicts or users steal, and not all people who steal are drug addicts, i.e. theft and drug use are not somehow synonymous.

4. Please explain in detail how the death penalty will "save society".
Firstly, I wasn't aware that society needed saving - okay, the economy has tanked, but aside from stereotypical copious cocaine use by banking types, that's nothing to do with drug use. Society as a whole is not under threat from drug use. It's a problem, sure, but not a threat to society and certainly not the most pressing issue.
Secondly, the death penalty would be far more of a threat to our society and culture than drug use is now. It undermines innumerable core British values. The introduction of the death penalty would contravene much that we hold dear - would contradict the morals that we built this society upon.
Thirdly, the death penalty would do nothing to "save us". Research is muddy on whether it even deters crime - and to carry it out with any sense of justice one must be absolutely sure the guilty verdict is correct, to the point that it is more costly and difficult to put them to death than to keep them in prison.

In other words, bad troll is bad. Please, try harder. :rolleyes:
Reply 10
If you'd said drug dealers you'd be closer, but not drug users.
Reply 11
I agree with the OP .
Original post by Hopple
If you'd said drug dealers you'd be closer, but not drug users.

But without drug dealers how would I get my drugs?
I think TSR is filled with kids who have lived incredibly sheltered lives, and this is the evidence. I feel like someone who writes a post like this must have had very little contact with media, let alone people of various lifestyles.

I suggest the OP reads Naked Lunch, Trainspotting, or watches the film Requiem for a Dream.
No, you're wrong. So very wrong. Drug dealers could do with going on that scale as many indirectly cause the deaths of their buyers. But drug users are just damaging their bodies and not to sound overly pro drugs, but some can have the more insightful thoughts than the typical chav with the help of Mr Weed.
bit harsh, lowest form of human beings?
Drugs are delicious - legalise the lot of them.
Only losers take drugs, but then drugs should be legal.
Original post by Zeroic
but who was paedophiles?

There's nothing wrong with paedos
Original post by College_Dropout

your uncle sounds like a massive lad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending