The Student Room Group

Objectification of women!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yeah dude
But girls objectify dudes just as much with boy bands and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I understand that.
Like in music videos, females tempt the male to indulge in sexual desires or excite their feelings around that female.
In other words, females can easily arouse the male if their physical characteristics or their body is accentuated to an extent that is physically and mentally attractive in the male's perspective.
This is exactly the same for males as well, they can arouse females just as well if they're attractive in the female's eyes.
Excitement can be progressed by exposed pictures of private areas of the body (genitals for example), but covered up lightly to seduce the target audience (female or male).
Seductive or sultry images of the opposite sex by sexual objectification is regarded mostly in music videos and some fashion catalogues.
Original post by inachigeek21
Yes, I understand that.
Like in music videos, females tempt the male to indulge in sexual desires or excite their feelings around that female.
In other words, females can easily arouse the male if their physical characteristics or their body is accentuated to an extent that is physically and mentally attractive in the male's perspective.
This is exactly the same for males as well, they can arouse females just as well if they're attractive in the female's eyes.
Excitement can be progressed by exposed pictures of private areas of the body (genitals for example), but covered up lightly to seduce the target audience (female or male).
Seductive or sultry images of the opposite sex by sexual objectification is regarded mostly in music videos and some fashion catalogues.

I mean those kinda commercials never worked on me, if a hot chick is on an ad sure I'll look but it dosen't sell a product, maybe it's used to pick out the desperate people or whatever? Whereas that kind of commercial May not work on someone who has been there and done that.
Why do you think most people only think women are objectified? Is it the media brainwashing people to follow a possible feminazi movement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Foo.mp3
Surely if you're a serial one night stander then it's less likely you'll treat the other individuals as people?

I agree with you, in fact, but for the purposes of argument, why should we moderate our primeval impulses if women are game? The will to mate is in our DNA

That was my point :tongue: The more you do it, the more you will see people as a solution to a problem rather than people.

Well I would argue that whilst it is in our genes, it's a tricky one. Now obviously guys do like to **** and conquer to some degree, and women to a lesser extent. However, I would argue that the role of oxytocin shows that humans are developed to have partners rather than flings. The question I pose is "Is it the stresses and development of modern social living that has created the desire for flings?". I would say yes because a combination of a lack of meaningful social connections in modern society and a relatively easy life is forcing people into other methods of finding either finding connection or emotional comfort. Also the increase in obesity in Western society would fit into this idea pretty damn well :holmes:
Reply 23
Original post by Madd Taurusette
Well those women seem quite happy with being sexually objectified.

Really? Then care to explain why those jobs tend to be transitional jobs e.g. do it until they can find something better.

Crack addicts sometimes seem happy. Are they actually happy? You'd have to be emotionally oblivious to think they are.
Original post by geoking
Really? Then care to explain why those jobs tend to be transitional jobs e.g. do it until they can find something better.

Crack addicts sometimes seem happy. Are they actually happy? You'd have to be emotionally oblivious to think they are.

So every stripper is forced into that job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geoking

:rolleyes: Why do people always think extreme and irrelevant analogies suffice? Are we discussing crack (euphoria/happiness from substance induced state) or women working in jobs where they are sexualised and seem quite happy with their lives. They do seem quite happy, they laugh the loudest, don't they.
Women are always objectified because they let themselves be...the sun og3
Reply 27
:rolleyes: Why do people always think extreme and irrelevant analogies suffice? Are we discussing crack (euphoria/happiness from substance induced state) or women working in jobs where they are sexualised and seem quite happy with their lives. They do seem quite happy, they laugh the loudest, don't they.

"They seem quite happy with their lives" According to who? To you? Have you spoken to them or does that just suit you to think that?

"They laugh the loudest" ****ing hell. Right there. What the **** do you even mean by that? If you laugh loudly, you're happy? So you really are completely socially numb?

So every stripper is forced into that job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a reason it's a transitional job - either temporary or done to support an addiction. How many career strippers are there? :rolleyes:
Original post by geoking
"They seem quite happy with their lives" According to who? To you? Have you spoken to them or does that just suit you to think that?

"They laugh the loudest" ****ing hell. Right there. What the **** do you even mean by that? If you laugh loudly, you're happy? So you really are completely socially numb?

There's a reason it's a transitional job - either temporary or done to support an addiction. How many career strippers are there? :rolleyes:

Uh, many actually, I'll give you xgames gold because you handed my ass to me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geoking

:lolwut: Isn't it too late to be so angry.
Uh, many actually, I'll give you xgames gold because you handed my ass to me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never give up, never surrender! :mad:
Never give up, never surrender! :mad:

But being a stripper can be a career choice, it's just he's using the rolleyes emoticon and it makes me so mad...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geoking
So you're just going to ignore the whole topic of objectification and pretend it's okay because....? And I'm talking about one night stands if you had bothered to read the thread :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm completely ignoring the whole topic of objectification... by posting in a thread called 'Objectification of women!!!'
I was responding to the OP's comments about how women are presented in society before you responded to me talking about genocide or something, so I'm sorry I didn't read whatever ****ty argument you came up with about how having ONSs are sexist and demeaning to women.
Oh how i wish we had hooters in the U.K..

I heard once something about them opening one in Bristol, but i think the feminists got their knickers in a twist, shame.
(edited 9 years ago)
I objectify everyone equally.
Original post by Spetznaaz
Oh how i wish we had hooters in the U.K..

I heard once something about them opening one in Bristol, but i think the feminists got their knickers in a twist, shame.

We do. I went to one once on a stag do.

They're ****ing ****. Overpriced fast food served by bored waitresses to sleazy men.

Just eat normal food in a normal restaurant and then go to a bar and get laid if you're so ****ing horny. The waitresses in hooters wouldn't touch you with a bargepole.
Original post by cole-slaw
We do. I went to one once on a stag do.

They're ****ing ****. Overpriced fast food served by bored waitresses to sleazy men.

Just eat normal food in a normal restaurant and then go to a bar and get laid if you're so ****ing horny. The waitresses in hooters wouldn't touch you with a bargepole.

Right, because i was under some sort of impression i would pull a hooters employee.

Over priced food is kinda standard when eating out in Britain, definitely in my city anyway.

I'm not "so ****ing horny". I just wouldn't mind enjoying a nice view with my full English (if they don't do a full English.. well that's just a bloody travesty).

Nothing wrong with enjoying the female body mate, it doesn't make you a "perve". Edit - Nor does it mean you somehow respect women less / see them as objects such as a couch or TV, for doing so.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
:lolwut: Isn't it too late to be so angry.

What? Your last reply was moronic. So is this one. When you decide to say something that took a bit of thought, then feel free to write it. Before that time, don't bother airing your thoughts as itd serve to just bring down the collective IQ of this forum.
Reply 38

Posted from TSR Mobile

No many don't, and it doesn't change the fact that for most it's a transitional job or one used to support addictions.
Reply 39
Original post by MattyR2895
Yes, I'm completely ignoring the whole topic of objectification... by posting in a thread called 'Objectification of women!!!'
I was responding to the OP's comments about how women are presented in society before you responded to me talking about genocide or something, so I'm sorry I didn't read whatever ****ty argument you came up with about how having ONSs are sexist and demeaning to women.

Posting in a thread doesn't mean you are posting on topic :rolleyes:

If you think objectification is okay, you then open up a dangerous doorway into things such as genocide and slavery because you are saying it's acceptable to treat people as a means to an end with no regard for them as a person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending