The Student Room Group

Would this count as a sex crime?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by dancingdestroyer
From what I read at first but then she asked him to untie her before he masturbated on and he did not and instead laughed. Personally I think she got what she deserved however, others might feel differently.

She asked him to stop, he didn't so yes it's a sex crime.

Whether she "deserved" it or not.

Why do you say she deserved it? She consented at first, then changed her mind, people are allowed to do that.

Yeah she was silly and naive, but doesn't mean she deserved it.
Original post by dre93
You said he masterbated on her and she told him to untie her?

Yes. However, in these bizarre sex games I imagine you can never tell when a participant is uncomfortable or enjoying it.
Original post by DiddyDec
Yes it is a sex crime. She removed her consent.

Now you say harmless, but is it really? You have failed to see the psychological trauma that this could cause for the victim.

Just seeing these creepy posts about 'harmless fun' makes me realise, in a mildly pitying, and yet disturbed way, how much many of the generation younger than me is being raised as confused and clueless regarding morality.
Why do you think what occurred was unjust?

If you sign up for sex you're not signing up to being recorded or left for flatmates to find. It's just a horrible thing to do to publicly humiliate someone. Also if she didn't consent to be masturbated on, that's surely a sex crime. If I give the a-ok for sex I wouldn't be ok with someone taking a dump on my face. It's a different act. In the same way even if you give the ok for sex if you want it to stop and you carry on that's rape.
So, she took part in a sex game that went a little wild. He did nothing wrong, it is not like he poured petroleum on her and lit a match or cannibalised her. So, she got masturbated on and left to be found by roomates it is hardly a war crime.

Except it is a war crime.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Just seeing these creepy posts about 'harmless fun' makes me realise, in a mildly pitying, and yet disturbed way, how much many of the generation younger than me is being raised as confused and clueless regarding morality.

What you have failed to realise is that this thread has been made my a troll. It is not a true representation of the younger generations. It is a ****wit trying to get kick out of annoying people.
In what sense? He did not rape her, instead he simply had a bit of light-hearted fun. Take photographs of her is epic as well.

Not untying her and taking pictures is "epic"? What the f dude that's messed up, and clearly so are you.

If she consented to being tied up then that's fine, but leaving her there and taking pictures is clearly a violation of that consent, so yes, it's a sex crime.

How could you even think that's a cool thing to do?
What you have failed to realise is that this thread has been made my a troll. It is not a true representation of the younger generations. It is a ****wit trying to get kick out of annoying people.

I didn't generalise all of them, that would be silly. But some of the responses, apart from the OP, and what you witness in society generally, and it's not just like 'old guy' rhetoric, this issue is different, that more young people now are literally clueless about what is wrong.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I didn't generalise all of them, that would be silly. But some of the responses, apart from the OP, and what you witness in society generally, and it's not just like 'old guy' rhetoric, this issue is different, that more young people now are literally clueless about what is wrong.

No they aren't, if anything it is being drilled into them even earlier about how they must respect women more. Gender equality is at the best it has ever been, it is not getting worse for anyone.
Original post by e-mily
Not untying her and taking pictures is "epic"? What the f dude that's messed up, and clearly so are you.

If she consented to being tied up then that's fine, but leaving her there and taking pictures is clearly a violation of that consent, so yes, it's a sex crime.

How could you even think that's a cool thing to do?

Hmm. I think to term it a violation of consent might be a tad overreacting. I think when people allow themselves to be tied to beds they do so with the expectation that it is going to be an uncomfortable experience, therefore the girl probably is complaining when actually she really enjoyed what occurred. It is a complicated situation. However, I think to term it as 'messed up' is imposing arbitrary boundaries.
Original post by Wahrheit
If you sign up for sex you're not signing up to being recorded or left for flatmates to find. It's just a horrible thing to do to publicly humiliate someone. Also if she didn't consent to be masturbated on, that's surely a sex crime. If I give the a-ok for sex I wouldn't be ok with someone taking a dump on my face. It's a different act. In the same way even if you give the ok for sex if you want it to stop and you carry on that's rape.

Perhaps the male college student felt the public humiliation was part of her fetish. So ultimately at worst it is a case of understandable miscommunication.
Original post by refusetogiveup
Perhaps the male college student felt the public humiliation was part of her fetish. So ultimately at worst it is a case of understandable miscommunication.

If somebody says 'I do not want to have sex' and is then raped...that's a case of miscommunication too. You can't guess someone's fetish then sexually assault them and leave then died up naked to a bed, it's horrific.
Hmm. I think to term it a violation of consent might be a tad overreacting. I think when people allow themselves to be tied to beds they do so with the expectation that it is going to be an uncomfortable experience, therefore the girl probably is complaining when actually she really enjoyed what occurred. It is a complicated situation. However, I think to term it as 'messed up' is imposing arbitrary boundaries.

So now you have had one account banned you have made another. You are entirely wrong and in the eyes of the law and society it is a sex crime. End of.
If somebody says 'I do not want to have sex' and is then raped...that's a case of miscommunication too. You can't guess someone's fetish then sexually assault them and leave then died up naked to a bed, it's horrific.

Hopefully the female student has learnt to be less immoral and take less risks and that way she will not end up in the (rather hilarious) situation she did.
So now you have had one account banned you have made another. You are entirely wrong and in the eyes of the law and society it is a sex crime. End of.

Silly Dec. I am not the OP and if you examine this accounts history you will see that is quite an old account.
Silly Dec. I am not the OP and if you examine this accounts history you will see that is quite an old account.

New Member, total of 6 posts. Real old.
Hopefully the female student has learnt to be less immoral and take less risks and that way she will not end up in the (rather hilarious) situation she did.

So the female is immoral for engaging in consensual sex and the male isn't despite sexually assaulting her? Nice world view...
person has already been banned so the thread should be closed
New Member, total of 6 posts. Real old.

It is still an old account. Not a new member. Silly Dec.
So the female is immoral for engaging in consensual sex and the male isn't despite sexually assaulting her? Nice world view...

She was stupid and rightly paid the price for her stupidity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending