The Student Room Group

Should white people pay black people money for unpaid work from slavery?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Juan
The disorder is genetic and only exists in the African genetic make-up, hence outside this large ethnic group it is biologically and genetically impossible for anyone to experience inter-generational post traumatic stress.

Yeah, that sounds kinda dumb. Got a source for it?

I think it's more likely that they're just carrying a chip around on their shoulder, and need something to blame their shortfalls on.
Original post by Kaiju
lol no
u cant just drop ppl into bockses like dat bruh

Why aren't the white people in the white box? I think that pic may be fake everyone, I don't think we're all in boxes at all
Original post by Dandaman1
Sure, and while we're doing that, we'll track down every other past injustice in history involving a particular ethnic group, family or nationality and pay their descendants too, seeing as it would have also (potentially) altered the socio-economic futures of millions of people.

And just who do you think is going to pay all this money? The government? Why should 90% of the population have to pay trillions of dollars/pounds of their tax money to people they never wronged? Do Will Smith, Oprah, Samuel L. Jackson and Barack Obama get any of it? What about descendants of recent black immigrants? What about people with several white ancestors? Do mixed race persons only get half? How does that work out? It's ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, consider the fact that all black citizens have also indirectly benefited from the economic gains of their country's past involvement in the slave trade in some way. They've also experienced the benefits of living in a 1st world nation, have they not? I guess we could make it right by sending them all back to Africa then, eh? Set everything straight and undo what the slave trade did?

You point out many of the practical difficulties which the scheme would undoubtedly encounter.

But the fact remains that most whites are far far more advantaged than most blacks. The unemployment rate is double for blacks, home ownership and asset wealth is much greater for whites and white Americans are far more qualified, I mean these are just a few but take any possible indicator of success you can imagine and I can guarantee white Americans will be better off. Many trace the causes of this to the inherent bias against black people in the US which originates from slavery, perhaps because each generation has not been quite able to pick itself back up from the lows they were subjected to all those years ago.

What do you suggest should be done about the issue>
Reply 143
Original post by zimbo97
You point out many of the practical difficulties which the scheme would undoubtedly encounter.

But the fact remains that most whites are far far more advantaged than most blacks. The unemployment rate is double for blacks, home ownership and asset wealth is much greater for whites and white Americans are far more qualified, I mean these are just a few but take any possible indicator of success you can imagine and I can guarantee white Americans will be better off. Many trace the causes of this to the inherent bias against black people in the US which originates from slavery, perhaps because each generation has not been quite able to pick itself back up from the lows they were subjected to all those years ago.

What do you suggest should be done about the issue>

he doesn't care aslong as he is swimming in money, despite it being covered in blood.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
The disorder is genetic and only exists in the African genetic make-up, hence outside this large ethnic group it is biologically and genetically impossible for anyone to experience inter-generational post traumatic stress. Black people today are sill experiencing mental health issues over the pain and torture they had suffered, some have even recalled having memories in the form of nightmares from their ancestors

Can't tell if you're joking -- Hopefully you are.

On the off-chance you're not, first of all, PTSD is not genetic (if that's even what you're talking about -- Hard to tell). Second, this comment makes no sense: no one experiences memories/nightmares based on things their ancestors faced. If that were true, I'd be having nightmares about being in Nazi camps.
Reply 145
Original post by MrMango
he doesn't care aslong as he is swimming in money, despite it being covered in blood.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I take it you're talking about yourself in the third person.

Really nice.
Original post by Viceroy
Can't tell if you're joking -- Hopefully you are.

On the off-chance you're not, first of all, PTSD is not genetic (if that's even what you're talking about -- Hard to tell). Second, this comment makes no sense: no one experiences memories/nightmares based on things their ancestors faced. If that were true, I'd be having nightmares about being in Nazi camps.

It is about inter-generational post traumatic disorder. Black individuals today face neurological torture which they inherited genetically from their ancestors.
One should not be judged for the actions of their ancestors.
I demand compensation from all Muslims for the conquest of Spain. Also while we're here the French, ****ing Normans.
Reply 149
It is about inter-generational post traumatic disorder. Black individuals today face neurological torture which they inherited genetically from their ancestors.

So all black people exhibit signs of transgenerational trauma? Even those who have no ancestral connection to slavery? Do all Jews exhibit this, too, because some of us have family who survived the Holocaust? Are these reasons why all white Americans or Germans should pay reparations to blacks or Jews, respectively?
i dont think there are any blacks who were affected by slavery today. maybe blacks would like to return to africa if reperations were to be paid ?
Reply 151
Original post by -Native Briton-
i dont think there are any blacks who were affected by slavery today. maybe blacks would like to return to africa if reperations were to be paid ?

The Home Office thinks you're wrong...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11262320/Theresa-May-says-tens-of-thousands-held-as-modern-slaves-in-Britain.html
Reply 152

Of course the article isn't talking about blacks being enslaved as they were hundreds of years ago... Going by this article, reparations are also owed to those who have been trafficked as sex workers, child laborers, etc. and their families.

what does that have to do with black slaves during britains slave trade era :confused:

Are these modern slaves systematically torn from their country by the British government or did you not think your post through ?
This question is merely academic. Reparations will never be repaid, not now, not in 10 years, not in 100 years because the whole premise that it is based on is retarded. Many blacks have white ancestry and vice versa. There is no neat division between the slaves and slave owners.
Reply 155
Original post by -Native Briton-
what does that have to do with black slaves during britains slave trade era :confused:

Are these modern slaves systematically torn from their country by the British government or did you not think your post through ?

So do you think they should be paid less than you are proposing for the others?
What about the reparations North African countries have to pay to Europeans for the Barbary Slave Trade?
Original post by Viceroy
So all black people exhibit signs of transgenerational trauma? Even those who have no ancestral connection to slavery? Do all Jews exhibit this, too, because some of us have family who survived the Holocaust? Are these reasons why all white Americans or Germans should pay reparations to blacks or Jews, respectively?

If you read my previous posts you would of seen how this genetic disorder is exclusive to the African make up
Why should we pay for something we haven't even participated in?
Reply 159
Original post by Viceroy
I take it you're talking about yourself in the third person.

Really nice.

I'll give you that one, was abit of a giggler.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending