The Student Room Group

Should white people pay black people money for unpaid work from slavery?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
its funny because the average black male in America has white DNA somewhere from rape of slaves.. etc my great great grandad was white from Ireland.. so if you pay me 10mil, I'll pay 0.2% for my great great grandads role.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 161
Original post by MrMango
its funny because the average black male in America has white DNA somewhere from rape of slaves.. etc my great great grandad was white from Ireland.. so if you pay me 10mil, I'll pay 0.2% for my great great grandads role.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You haven't sued me yet...
Reply 162
Original post by The Juan
If you read my previous posts you would of seen how this genetic disorder is exclusive to the African make up

I read about transgenerational trauma (if that's what you're talking about -- You've haven't been specific). It is not exclusive to African-Americans.

And it's "would have" not "would of."
Original post by Viceroy
I read about transgenerational trauma (if that's what you're talking about -- You've haven't been specific). It is not exclusive to African-Americans.

And it's "would have" not "would of."

It is exclusive to those of African descent
Reply 164

As I just wrote, transgenerational trauma is not exclusive to those of African descent. The disorder was first identified as something called "concentration camp syndrome" and was displayed in children of those who had survived ghettos and concentration camps during WW2. Also, it is a disorder that is generally displayed in the children of those who have experienced traumatic experiences, not those separated by hundreds of years of history.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-me-in-we/201205/how-trauma-is-carried-across-generations
(edited 9 years ago)
If you read my previous posts you would of seen how this genetic disorder is exclusive to the African make up

But you didn't back it up with anything. Those posts are worth just as much as me saying "you're wrong". Care to provide evidence?
I think white people should become slaves for black people.

but like really polite british slaves that get in queues and say sorry all the time.
Is this actually serious.
Of course they shouldnt!!! the people responsible for causing slavery in the past are dead. The people you see today are different. We live a new era where things like that are frowned upon. They shouldnt have to pay for...im seriously hoping this is a troll. If you want your money go to the graveyard!

This is coming from a tired black girl by the way.
What about the indians and our tonnes of jewels and gold, while we're at it?
Reply 169
Original post by TheBBQ
What about the indians and our tonnes of jewels and gold, while we're at it?

true that they owe everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
No they are not, many of my family branches have family crests that date 600 years ago so I am fully aware of those who participated in such actions. There is no doubt though that your ancestors engaged in the slave trade.

Our ancestors roamed the shrubland of Africa together.
More recently some of my ancestors hearded reindeer in the north of Scandinavia.
One, on a different branch, was put in prison because his government didn't approve of a book which he wrote.
My blood relations are scattered across every continent. Some are less tanned than others.
We have many ancestors. I couldn't vouch for the moral purity of any of them.
in 1998 Yoweri Museveni, the president of Uganda, told an audience including Bill Clinton: "African chiefs were the ones waging war on each other and capturing their own people and selling them. If anyone should apologise it should be the African chiefs. We still have those traitors here even today."
Reply 172
Original post by Hopefulbunny
in 1998 Yoweri Museveni, the president of Uganda, told an audience including Bill Clinton: "African chiefs were the ones waging war on each other and capturing their own people and selling them. If anyone should apologise it should be the African chiefs. We still have those traitors here even today."

I reckon the goal should be to take steps to alleviate racial tensions, not dredge up the past through reparation policies (not that that would ever happen, quite honestly). The horrible policy brutality towards black men is one issue that desperately needs addressing throughout the US, particularly in big cities like NY, LA, and Chicago.
Reply 173
No, 'white people' should not pay the entire set of reparations because 'white people' are not exclusively responsible for the slave trade. Anyway, what relevance do assyrians and kurds have to the slave trade? I'm going to predict that you also believe that white->black discrimination and prejudice is also the only type of racism there is.

That'd be all of us
Reply 175
That'd be all of us

No it wouldn't. Africans and Europeans for instance have very few genetic similarlities (i.e there is no neanderthal blood in Africans) which makes our subset of the species (assuming you're also white and European) distinct from the African subset (and even then, that's actually a greater subset due to the massive size of Africa).
Original post by MrMango

I thought that sounded like BS, but a quick (and I mean very quick, maybe the top search results are also BS) google makes it seem like neanderthal DNA is not present in Africans ... surely that's a pile of *******s though?!
That'd be all of us

If you anything about genetics or adaption you would know Europeans and Africans have changed so much by their demographic isolation that they have common genetic disorders in their respective communities
Original post by Quady
So do you think they should be paid less than you are proposing for the others?

Excuse me, what does this have to do with the topic to hand ??
Original post by ORogers
No it wouldn't. Africans and Europeans for instance have very few genetic similarlities (i.e there is no neanderthal blood in Africans) which makes our subset of the species (assuming you're also white and European) distinct from the African subset (and even then, that's actually a greater subset due to the massive size of Africa).

Yes ok. Nice point if I am European decent. Neanderthal people occupied Europe before homo whatever .. but where did we homo types come from if not Africa. Or is your line of thought that the homo/neanderthal cross created a new distinct species?
I think I saw that the homo line and Neanderthals had split in the distant past. The subsequent cross and reabsorption of Neanderthal DNA in Europe gives those who draw lines between species an opportunity to write many many articles thereby increasing the score of their department in the university league tables.
In your response you might like to refer to Watson (the double helix Nobel prize winner) and his concern for African people. Apparently his reference to the implications of differences in African DNA from other human DNA got him into serious trouble. I don't have the courage to repeat what he said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending