The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is Paying For Sex Immoral,Are Men That Do It Losers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by thePatron
Thanks, I like compliments from strangers.

I knew you would, I did it for you :smile: It's not like your words made me believe something else.
Original post by iama
I knew you would, I did it for you :smile: It's not like your words made me believe something else.

I suppose sex is out of the question, no?
Would be lovely if we lived in a world where women could do as they wished with out being called slags and whores. Particularly by other women, we have it hard being female, we don't need other women being horrible to our own team.
Original post by iama
You are thinking inside of a box..it's not about the act necessarily being ok, it's about the fact that in the first place the most important thing in this situation should be mental stability. A person should adopt an attitude in such a way that it will help keep them from going mad, thing that would be very easy. I think that your view on this, with how 'a general accepted way' should be how a person actually involved should view it, instead of what would make them be able to be a good working part of the society in the future. It's not about right here, it's about staying healthy and being able to smile. If life sucks it completely doesn't mean that it should destroy you, no matter what others say.

So you wouldn't mind sleeping with multiple men just so you could earn a living if things got tough?
Reply 124
Original post by queen-bee
So you wouldn't mind sleeping with multiple men just so you could earn a living if things got tough?

*sigh* why are you going in other directions? Yes, I would mind it.
Original post by iama
*sigh* why are you going in other directions? Yes, I would mind it.

Make up your mind girl
Reply 126
Make up your mind girl

Where is my mind not made up? And please think, it saves both of us time.

Original post by thePatron
I suppose sex is out of the question, no?

r u still mocking me?
Original post by iama
Where is my mind not made up? And please think, it saves both of us time.

r u still mocking me?

Look little girl,I don't have time for mind games.youre either okay with it and accept it or you're not and find it disturbing,go figure
Reply 128
Look little girl,I don't have time for mind games.youre either okay with it and accept it or you're not and find it disturbing,go figure

I seriously have no idea wth you're on about. If you actually took the time to read, you would've seen that I have not even once approached the woman's who is receiving money for sex POV. So you have nothing to compare my words with and say that I am saying different things. Mind explaining and not putting words in my mouth just to get what you want? Please and thank you~
Original post by iama
I seriously have no idea wth you're on about. If you actually took the time to read, you would've seen that I have not even once approached the woman's who is receiving money for sex POV. So you have nothing to compare my words with and say that I am saying different things. Mind explaining and not putting words in my mouth just to get what you want? Please and thank you~

I'm not putting words into your mouth! You know what you damn well meant
Original post by Olderandwiser23
Would be lovely if we lived in a world where women could do as they wished with out being called slags and whores. Particularly by other women, we have it hard being female, we don't need other women being horrible to our own team.

I think that paying for sex is immoral, for the simple reason that those that sell themselves are doing so as a last resort. I doubt that they are willing (the majority anyway), and therefore paying for sex is taking advantage of women who have found themselves in extremely difficult situations with no other alternative.
Original post by James Milibanter
I think that paying for sex is immoral, for the simple reason that those that sell themselves are doing so as a last resort. I doubt that they are willing (the majority anyway), and therefore paying for sex is taking advantage of women who have found themselves in extremely difficult situations with no other alternative.

I disagree. I have many sex worker friends who chose to do it for no other reason than they enjoy it :smile: they find it's liberating and it's certainly not their last resorts :smile: although I understand there are many who are in it for the wrong reasons and which is why I think we should have better provisions for those wishing to leave the industry and better safety for those who wish to remain in it,.

And tbh the slag whore comment wasn't just referring to those in sex work, it's til all girls who judge other girls using those mean words, there's no need for it. We should be helping each other not calling each other whores for our sexual experiences/choices/general sexual freedom.
Reply 132
I'm not putting words into your mouth! You know what you damn well meant

Lol. I only talked about me, in the place of the daughter. Cannot recall any refference to the mother, or other women. Mind showing those to me? I specifically didn't adress them because it wasn't asked and also because I knew that something like this could happen. I hate it to the core when people jump to conclusions just because they can and don't care enough to pay attention before they speak, so I couldn't wait more to shut the door in the face of someone like this. No, you have no argument. Two different sides, two different views, you can't lump them toghether bcause 'can'
Original post by Olderandwiser23
I disagree. I have many sex worker friends who chose to do it for no other reason than they enjoy it :smile: they find it's liberating and it's certainly not their last resorts :smile: although I understand there are many who are in it for the wrong reasons and which is why I think we should have better provisions for those wishing to leave the industry and better safety for those who wish to remain in it,.

And tbh the slag whore comment wasn't just referring to those in sex work, it's til all girls who judge other girls using those mean words, there's no need for it. We should be helping each other not calling each other whores for our sexual experiences/choices/general sexual freedom.

I completely agree with sexual freedom, "traditional" values only halt progress, and I am all for progress. I must admit however that I have used the word "slut" but it to my partner at the time and wasn't used at all maliciously, more playfully in fact. She said that women should take these words and use them as the black people used the "n-word" and homosexuals used "gay". I don't know if I agree, however, it isn't really my place.

I feel as though that with sex trafficking and what not the best course of action would be for people to just stop. But I do respect that not all people think as I do, and I'm sure that actual sex workers are more qualified on the subject, so it wouldn't harm if brothels were legalised to get women out of the dangers of the streets. Violence against sex workers is an an ongoing issue, legalising brothels is perhaps the best way to counteract it.
Original post by iama

For even calling you "little girl" this person needs a cyber punch in the face, how patronising can someone get?
(edited 9 years ago)
I completely agree with sexual freedom, "traditional" values only halt progress, and I am all for progress. I must admit however that I have used the word "slut" but it to my partner at the time and wasn't used at all maliciously, more playfully in fact. She said that women should take these words and use them as the black people used the "n-word" and homosexuals used "gay". I don't know if I agree, however, it isn't really my place.

I feel as though that with sex trafficking and what not the best course of action would be for people to just stop. But I do respect that not all people think as I do, and I'm sure that actual sex workers are more qualified on the subject, so it wouldn't harm if brothels were legalised to get women out of the dangers of the streets. Violence against sex workers is an an ongoing issue, legalising brothels is perhaps the best way to counteract it.

Personally I think using slut and whore has had way too many negative connotations and use by men and women the like for it to ever be changed. And change of the meaning of it isn't necessary. It labels women negatively who choose I have multiple sexual partners-which is absolutely fine as I'm sure you'll agrees. I also think the n-word shouldn't be used but as a white woman I can't really comment on something for which I am unaware of the full history or origin or the happenings as to which caused the meaning to "change".

Sex trafficking is awful and I in no way condone it. I agree measures should be taken to reduce/stop it all together. But grouping sex workers as immoral isn't really the way to go about it imo.

Women and men should have the choice to earn money from sexual favours should they so wish. It's their body after all.

I do however think safety should be paramount. Brothels should be legalised and the trade should be regulated.Provisions for women wanting to get out of the industry should be solidly in place as well as education to those in places of power/trust to help identify those who may need help but are too vulnerable to speak up.

As for my sex worker friends, they love what they do, they pay taxes and are very happy. We shouldn't judge what others choose to do with their body.
For even calling you "little girl" this person needs a cyber punch in the face, how patronising can someone get?

Agreed "little girl"?? Jesus f Christ
Reply 137

Thank you! I agree, of course :smile: I'm used to seeing this kinda thing though, I'm just glad it wasn't worse.
Original post by iama
Thank you! I agree, of course :smile: I'm used to seeing this kinda thing though, I'm just glad it wasn't worse.

and supposedly "we don't need feminism" hahaha:smile:
Original post by Genocidal
I'm not going to speak of morality because it's going to differ for all people.

What I will say is that I don't think those who do it are losers. I'd say it's merely a more efficient way of getting what you want. You can either pay for sex or spend weeks buying drinks for women in the hope of getting lucky. I'd always choose the former if all I wanted was sex.

pretty much this, some men, will go out with the intention of pulling and having sex/ons etc etc. So one way to look at it is, why bother going through all that buying her drinks, talking, dancing, convincing her to come back to yours and even then she still might say no. Better to just go to a brothel/call a number and pay the same amount for a pretty much guaranteed result.

Original post by al_94
What's immoral is the women that are selling themselves

But the men paying for it are a-ok?

At work a few years ago, one of the lads at the table jokingly said "prostitution is that fault of women if they put out more, men wouldnt pay prostitutes." Everyone men and women found it really funny, because from a certain point of view, its true

Immoral - no, pathetic - no. Its thier money, thier choice

Latest

Trending

Trending